ADVERTISEMENT

MVP (Most Valuable Poster)...in Memoriam edition

Gone but not forgotten:

Shrink
Sgt.Carter

others?
Shrink really classed up this board. He helped set a respectful tone which I think persists to this day. Front Range and the Pellies are still with us but don't post anymore. They, too, brought a warm, respectful positivity to the board.

For most posters, Carter was a difficult guy to get along with, I'll be the first to admit. But we got on really well. (I'm guessing that only Glov can say the same.)

Last edited:
I feel badly because I can't remember the handle of the guy who posted that he had late stage liver cancer and just wanted before he passed to see a positive resolution for Joe's legacy. Never felt sorry for himself and struck me as being very courageous. Anyone remember?

I feel badly because I can't remember the handle of the guy who posted that he had late stage liver cancer and just wanted before he passed to see a positive resolution for Joe's legacy. Never felt sorry for himself and struck me as being very courageous. Anyone remember?

I too am afraid I forgot his handle, and thought it was stomach cancer but I'm not certain. Guy seemed to be facing it with courage.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and TheGLOV
CBOTKevin* was another good poster who was taken way too young. Also known as Fun_160 and PennStateClips, from his personally sponsored Penn State Blog.

He ran his own Penn State Blog and hosted other Penn State chat activities. He was an early member of TomMcA’s plotit group.

He attended a number of PSU sporting events via his Media Pass. He then provided some well appreciated feedback and clever writing for fans from the front lines of events.

RIP Kevin Stone, CBOTKevin / Fun_160!

* CBOTKevin / Fun_160 was a math wiz who loved Penn State, Joe Paterno and the Grand Experiment. CBOT stood for Chicago Board of Trade, where he traded commodities and foreign currencies, including through his own company. He also worked for a time on the NY Stock exchange. Gone too soon, but not forgotten!

Last edited:
Fun_160 and LesFromMaine

LdN

LesFromMaine died????? Sorry to hear that. When did that happen?

I knew about most of the others except BigNitAttack. Had many a battle with him on the test board in the old days. If he is now TenThousandMarbles, that would explain a lot. : ^ )

Reactions: FHSPSU67
LesFromMaine died????? Sorry to hear that. When did that happen?

I knew about most of the others except BigNitAttack. Had many a battle with him on the test board in the old days. If he is now TenThousandMarbles, that would explain a lot. : ^ )

Yeah Mumbles is nuts. Les left us a while back and when I asked someone mentioned that he may have died. Who knows. But that was at least 10 years ago.

Fun, one of the more prolific posters here, passed away.

LDN

Fun_160 and LesFromMaine

LdN

Good call LionDeNittany!

Added the board name “Fun_160” to an earlier post about “CBOTKevin” and “PennStateClips.”

Each represented Kevin Stone, a brilliant math wiz and a strong advocate for Penn State, Joe Paterno and The Grand Experiment.

Kevin Stone passed away way too young, in his early 50s. Likely from a sudden fatal heart disruption that had a genetic foundation, as his father passed in the same way at roughly the same age.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Good call LionDeNittany!

Added the board name “Fun_160” to an earlier post about “CBOTKevin” and “PennStateClips.”

Each represented Kevin Stone, a brilliant math wiz and a strong advocate for Penn State, Joe Paterno and The Grand Experiment.

Kevin Stone passed away way too young, in his early 50s. Likely from a sudden fatal heart disruption that had a genetic foundation, as his father passed in the same way at roughly the same age.

Yes, that's correct. But Fun_160 was his most common name, or his standard handle. I forgot about the other two. Great guy.

LdN

Reactions: 91Joe95 and T J
Not one of our own, but I miss the annual visits and tall tales from King Ad Buck. Also the guy from Indiana U and a woman Wolverine. Quality visitors.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and LionJim
Yes, that's correct. But Fun_160 was his most common name, or his standard handle. I forgot about the other two. Great guy.

LdN

Fun_160 was indeed a “Great guy.”

Thanks for the inputs LdN.

There was a poster from California that passed about a year ago. Another poster that knew him said he had been on Shark Tank with a packaging product that his family was still trying to develop.

Saw a rerun a couple months ago with a Cali couple and a unique pizza box. Wonder if that was he and how it was going in his absence.

I miss reading posts from Joe Gyzb and another guy named ron. Both had a plenty of funny posts about our little cousins in the Oakland area of Pittsburgh. Wasn't there another funny guy named Mr. Bobby Fark or something like that?

There was a poster from California that passed about a year ago. Another poster that knew him said he had been on Shark Tank with a packaging product that his family was still trying to develop.

Saw a rerun a couple months ago with a Cali couple and a unique pizza box. Wonder if that was he and how it was going in his absence.

Believe you may be referring to NapaNit.

I believe Lester Diamond was the Indiana guy.

Lester Diamond --- he's not dead. He just retired on top.

He made a post here about how Anthony Morelli wanted to transfer to IU. According to Lester Diamond, sources in the IU athletic department were saying that Morelli wanted the opportunity to play for the "point-a-minute offense" of the Hoosiers, and viewed IU as a place where he could win "multiple Heismans."

Obvious satire. Except for the fact that the beat reporter for the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review actually included that rumor in an actual news story! And then Morelli had to defuse the rumor!

Hard to beat that.

Reactions: LionJim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT