ADVERTISEMENT

Mustipher done for season?

Just looked at future schedules. Unless we play them in the B1G championship, this or next season, the next time we play is at PSU on 10/28/23. I’m going to make it a point to get back for that one.

Reactions: ram2020
These are general guidelines. Exhibit A, Jaquan Brisker.
First of all... it's obvious you have never pushed your body to its physical limits on a hot humid day - it is quite common to develop cramps that subside, but continue to flair up with relatively little more exertion. Brisker has exhibited the same symptom in previous games when there was absolutely no "strategic" reason for taking a fall. Therefore, I think he should be commended for being competitive by attempting to keep playing through the cramps until hydrated enough the lactic acid dissipates rather than villainized for supposed unethical purpose.

Secondly... even IF a coach was going to use a fake injury to strategically slow a game down... they wouldn't use a critical player for that purpose... they'd substitute in a backup or use a position where the performance drop-off for the backup was minimal. Jaquan Brisker is arguably one of Penn State's best defenders - it would be foolhardy to have him fake an injury. imo

First of all... it's obvious you have never pushed your body to its physical limits on a hot humid day - it is quite common to develop cramps that subside, but continue to flair up with relatively little more exertion. Brisker has exhibited the same symptom in previous games when there was absolutely no "strategic" reason for taking a fall. Therefore, I think he should be commended for being competitive by attempting to keep playing through the cramps until hydrated enough the lactic acid dissipates rather than villainized for supposed unethical purpose.

Secondly... even IF a coach was going to use a fake injury to strategically slow a game down... they wouldn't use a critical player for that purpose... they'd substitute in a backup or use a position where the performance drop-off for the backup was minimal. Jaquan Brisker is arguably one of Penn State's best defenders - it would be foolhardy to have him fake an injury. imo

I think he used brisker and an example of someone who used the covid bonus year… not someone faking injuries.

If you closely watched (perhaps rewatch) that game, Ferentz actually pre-instucted both his offensive and defensive linemen to “land” on PSU players….using their body mass to purposely inflict injury

The utmost sign of a dirty and desperate coach

It is by his means of instruction that PJ and SC both got injured.

Personally speaking, I think Kirk desired to replace Joe (and reluctantly BillO) before he realized that PSU’s Admin thankfully realized he was nothing other than a gum-chewing sideline embarrassment from North Pittsburgh.

Kirk will be eventually judged by St. Peter who won’t take kindly to his “win at all costs” transparent methods of semi-success, especially the dirty brown urine.

The evidence is on tape…
I don't recall the play where PJ was injured, but the Clifford injury occurred on a textbook tackle.

It's one thing to legitimately call out Iowa for booing/ridiculing the injured Penn State players but wrapping up and taking the ball carrier to the ground has been taught forever. Football is a physical game, injuries will happen.
If they start putting flags on them the game will lose it's appeal to many.

I think he used brisker and an example of someone who used the covid bonus year… not someone faking injuries.
Yes. I was pointing out Brisker using the bonus year. I wouldn't be surprised if Ji'Ayir Brown does the same next season.

Reactions: PSUfiji
So this is just FAKE. NEWS. o_O about Mustipher and he will play against Illinois, right?

What would please iowa athletic supporters more? The real injury that puts Mustipher out for the season or if he had been fine to play out the season, so they could further claim he faked it last Saturday?

If you closely watched (perhaps rewatch) that game, Ferentz actually pre-instucted both his offensive and defensive linemen to “land” on PSU players….using their body mass to purposely inflict injury

The utmost sign of a dirty and desperate coach

It is by his means of instruction that PJ and SC both got injured.

Personally speaking, I think Kirk desired to replace Joe (and reluctantly BillO) before he realized that PSU’s Admin thankfully realized he was nothing other than a gum-chewing sideline embarrassment from North Pittsburgh.

Kirk will be eventually judged by St. Peter who won’t take kindly to his “win at all costs” transparent methods of semi-success, especially the dirty brown urine.

The evidence is on tape…
"a gum-chewing sideline embarrassment from North Pittsburgh." Brahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! Had me laughing out loud. Thanks!

• Haha
These are general guidelines. Exhibit A, Jaquan Brisker.
That was a bit of a different situation, but I hear what you are saying. Apparently, the staff has made the decision not to use the mulligan for 2020 and move on to the younger players. It makes sense to me.

If PJ wants to come back Franklin will have him back. Ditto for Clifford and a few other guys.
I would not bet on that. The staff seems intent on moving on and working with the younger players. It makes sense if you think about it.

I would not bet on that. The staff seems intent on moving on and working with the younger players. It makes sense if you think about it.

They’ve already allowed other players to use the exception including TCF and Brisker. Makes less sense to be ok with it for this years kids and not others. They had to play in 2020 as well.

Last edited:
As I said in another post, James has already stated that they are not going to use the 2020 season as a throw-away/mulligan. It counted as far as they are concerned and that means that the following players will leave:

Clifford, Dotson, Lovett, Walker, Wilson, Miranda, Mustipher, Tangelo, Ebiketie, Luketa, Brooks, Brisker, Castro-Fields, Brown, and Stout.

Walker could stay as he would have a redshirt senior year available but he will not take it. Wallace is draft eligible and so is Brandon Smith, Noah Cain, and Joey Porter, Jr. The latter is the one most likely to leave. The losses at the end of this year will be significant. Roberson will transfer- 90% sure of that and I felt that way long before the Iowa game. He will get beaten out by Drew Allar.

As I said in another post, James has already stated that they are not going to use the 2020 season as a throw-away/mulligan. It counted as far as they are concerned and that means that the following players will leave:

Clifford, Dotson, Lovett, Walker, Wilson, Miranda, Mustipher, Tangelo, Ebiketie, Luketa, Brooks, Brisker, Castro-Fields, Brown, and Stout.

Walker could stay as he would have a redshirt senior year available but he will not take it. Wallace is draft eligible and so is Brandon Smith, Noah Cain, and Joey Porter, Jr. The latter is the one most likely to leave. The losses at the end of this year will be significant. Roberson will transfer- 90% sure of that and I felt that way long before the Iowa game. He will get beaten out by Drew Allar.

You do realize TCF, Brisker and Lovett should all be out of eligibility and are using the exception to play this year, right?

i think the interpretation of the covid year is that it is a privilege

players will be offered an open door, but it is not a guarantee

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT