ADVERTISEMENT

MSU or Pit tonight?

This will be the first real team the pitters have played all year. I'm expecting that MSU will win by a lopsided score of something like 48 - 14. If both Pickett and Ken Walker played then the score would be something like 62 - 28 in favor of MSU. We will see what happens in a few hours.

If the pitters can make a game of it then it indicates that maybe they really have a decent team and aren't a fraud with a good record resulting from playing 13 cupcakes.

Reactions: joeaubie21
Pitt. I strongly dislike Sparty, along with the fact that they are a B1G forced “rival” and that ugly ass trophy.

Reactions: fkkkjm
I suspect Pitt will have a tough time containing Sparty's running game. They have nothing like it on their schedule. And without their Fifth Year QB, will struggle to put up the kind of scores they did against lesser teams. MSU's weakness has been pass defense and I have no idea if the second team pitt QB can pass. My bet is Sparty blitzes often to keep an inexperienced young QB off balance.

So far, the B1G has done well. Perhaps the conference wasn't as weak as thought.

I suspect Pitt will have a tough time containing Sparty's running game. They have nothing like it on their schedule. And without their Fifth Year QB, will struggle to put up the kind of scores they did against lesser teams. MSU's weakness has been pass defense and I have no idea if the second team pitt QB can pass. My bet is Sparty blitzes often to keep an inexperienced young QB off balance.

So far, the B1G has done well. Perhaps the conference wasn't as weak as thought.
A little early to decide about the Big, but man does the ACC look awful losing to Air Force, South Carolina, 34 point loss to Maryland, and Clemson close win over ISU.

Reactions: joeaubie21
A little early to decide about the Big, but man does the ACC look awful losing to Air Force, South Carolina, 34 point loss to Maryland, and Clemson close win over ISU.
The ACC is annually a one-team conference with Clemson being the one-team. This year the ACC is a no-team conference. I look for MSU to obliterate the ACC champion tonight and then the cherry on the cake will be when the ACC Atlantic Division champion, Wake Forest, loses to the second to last place finisher in the Big 10 East. Rutgers has a 2 - 7 record in the Big 10 East. If they beat Wake on Saturday, then the ACC should drop football.

None of the ACC football teams would finish above fifth place in the Big 10 East. No ACC team this year would be even close to competitive with the top 4 teams in the Big 10 East.

It’s better for us for MSU to win. If only because we recruit more directly against Pitt. And at least makes our loss to MSU look less bad.

Other than an asteroid to hit the stadium, who are you rooting for in this game?
Don't care, maybe MSU because Pitt coach is just behind the Iowa coach as most obnoxious. More on MSU, i think they are most likely to be a one-year wonder. I believe they had a huge portal influx and now a huge outflow. Everything worked this year, i believe they are most likely to be ordinary next year,

Can Patti for Pitt throw against the worst pass defense in the country? Can MSU run the football without Walker?

Let's go State! Go Green! Go White!

I believe PITT is starting a QB who is a Junior.

This will be the first real team the pitters have played all year. I'm expecting that MSU will win by a lopsided score of something like 48 - 14. If both Pickett and Ken Walker played then the score would be something like 62 - 28 in favor of MSU. We will see what happens in a few hours.

If the pitters can make a game of it then it indicates that maybe they really have a decent team and aren't a fraud with a good record resulting from playing 13 cupcakes.
Dumb

Don't care, maybe MSU because Pitt coach is just behind the Iowa coach as most obnoxious. More on MSU, i think they are most likely to be a one-year wonder. I believe they had a huge portal influx and now a huge outflow. Everything worked this year, i believe they are most likely to be ordinary next year,
Unless they have another large portal influx.

A: he isn't really playing that well

B: he isn't on the road at Iowa, he's facing the worst pass defense in the B1G
He seems to managing the game, seeing receivers,making good decisions, feeling pressure and moving while looking down field. I guess I keep thinking back to the cluster in Iowa and playing Clifford even when hurt and we had nobody.

Y
He seems to managing the game, seeing receivers,making good decisions, feeling pressure and moving while looking down field. I guess I keep thinking back to the cluster in Iowa and playing Clifford even when hurt and we had nobody.
naw you never think when you post so that’s not it. All you do is complain

Sixers vs Nets is on. That is what I’m watching. MSU vs Pitt is not worth watching.
Your ability to watch Tobias Harris play basketball without breaking everything in the room you’re sitting in shows great will power. I don’t have that kind of zen focus!

Perhaps the 2nd and 3rd string QBs got all the snaps leading up to the bowl. Anyone know if Pickett practiced at all with Pitt last several weeks?

Maybe TR looked really good in practice and just caved under the pressure of game.

Who knows and at this point it really doesn’t matter.

Reactions: BBrown and bison13
Your ability to watch Tobias Harris play basketball without breaking everything in the room you’re sitting in shows great will power. I don’t have that kind of zen focus!
Don’t disagree, but it’s still better than Pitt vs MSU.

We lost to MSU ...............Pitt is gonna beat them . It's all about what happens on the field to me especially on a CJF team ( and I try to be a CJF fan ). So, is this another thorn in the side Pitt gets a couple recruits we want. Seems the ones we lose to them are linemen. Hmmmm

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT