ADVERTISEMENT

Movie club: I really like Scott Pilgrim vs the World

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
I’m not young and hip, but dig the video game like fight scenes and am a sucker for lighthearted romantic movies. Does this qualify as a guilty pleasure or is it a legitimately good movie.

Reactions: Midnighter2
I’m not young and hip, but dig the video game like fight scenes and am a sucker for lighthearted romantic movies. Does this qualify as a guilty pleasure or is it a legitimately good movie.

It’s not good - IT’S FVCKING GREAT. Cast alone was way ahead of the curve with early roles for Anna Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza, Chris Evans, Brie Larson, Jason Schwartzman, Kieran Culkin, Brandon Routh, Michael Cera, Ellen Wong (Knives Chau!), and Mary Elizabeth Wansted. The Brie Larson/Clash at Demonhead performance of Metric’s Black Sheep rules.

Also: ‘Bread makes you fat!?’

Reactions: Ranger Dan

I’d add Edgar Wright’s new noir/time travel/thriller ‘Last Night in Soho’ looks pretty good - cast led by Anya Taylor-Joy and ‘Jojo Rabbit’ standout Thomasin McKenzie.

It's in the 80's on Rotten Tomatoes, so qualifies as a solid movie. Not like you said you enjoyed Howard the Duck.
Oh man, you had to bring up Howard the Duck. You just crushed all the great 80’s movies in one sentence. How dare you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT