ADVERTISEMENT

Most Respected Opposing Team Wrestler in Cael Era

Who is the most respected opposing team wrestler in the Cael era?

• Mike Kemerer

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Hayden Hidlay

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Bryce Adronian

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • David Carr

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Jacob Warner

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Other (please specify and I will add untill choices are full)

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Kyle Snyder

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • Alex Marinelli

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Quinn Kinner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kyle Dake

Votes: 21 18.3%

• Total voters

mcpat

Gold Member
Mar 13, 2021
Can’t be someone that transferred in or out of Penn State

Reactions: amattaro
Snyder..even though he didn’t bring hell with him that night. Ultimate competitor, only 3x HWY champ I believe.

IMO that dual was THE greatest dual I’ve ever witnessed. No Nolf..odds stacked against us..starts off with Kuhn throwing NATO. Cenzo, Hall and Bo getting needed bonus. Then Nevills holds Snyder to major (or was it decision). Backup Cassar taking out #1 Kollin Moore. Chills thinking about it

Last edited:
Marinelli. Matches with Joseph were the bomb, the shit, the tits, off the hook, off the chain, off the heezy.
Amen! When those two locked it up ….. every damn fan in attendance got his/her moneys worth. VJ didn’t always come out on top, but, you gotta respect his willingness (as well as his dance partners willingness) to throw it all down. Absolutely thrilling.

Amen! When those two locked it up ….. every damn fan in attendance got his/her moneys worth. VJ didn’t always come out on top, but, you gotta respect his willingness (as well as his dance partners willingness) to throw it all down. Absolutely thrilling.
Those matches were so good that the time nothing happened may have been the most exciting of all.
8GSckP.gif

I think it’s a “nice guy” / good sportsman answer but I’m adding all.

Added Kinner; recall his interaction with PSU fan kids.

Jacob Warner has been widely cited on this board for his sportsmanship.

Hidlay’s interview was special. (No you’re crying!)

Etc

I think it’s a “nice guy” / good sportsman answer but I’m adding all.

Added Kinner; recall his interaction with PSU fan kids.

Jacob Warner has been widely cited on this board for his sportsmanship.

Hidlay’s interview was special. (No you’re crying!)

Etc
I second Warner for sure...

Reactions: Sett1997 and mcpat
Snyder..even though he didn’t bring hell with him that night. Ultimate competitor, only 3x HWY champ I believe.

IMO that dual was THE greatest dual I’ve ever witnessed. No Nolf..odds stacked against us..starts off with Kuhn throwing NATO. Cenzo, Hall and Bo getting needed bonus. Then Nevills holds Snyder to major (or was it decision). Backup Cassar taking out #1 Kollin Moore. Chills thinking about it
Most definitely the greatest dual I've seen as well. What a night.

But there have been other 3x NCAA HWT champs. Two that come to mind are Carleton Haselrig and Jimmy Jackson. I think there are a few others from long ago too.

Re: Claim Synder was only three time HWY Champ…Haselrig won three, plus three DII. Six time hwt champ.

Opposing team I thought. Am I not remembering a Bo on an opposing team that you are referencing?
Bo Jordan with his brothers and cousins who wrestled at OSU and a couple at Wisconsin.

Uncle is Jim Jordan, US Congressman from Ohio.

Controversial opinion but I have a pretty soft spot for ADS, maybe partially because he is a PA kid also. RBY clearly had a great deal of respect for him and vice versa. His interviews not in competition seem very good overall. Few parents who have had kids work with him said he's fantastic with them as well.

Was he perfect, absolutely not and he would tell you the same. He said he looks back and doesn't even remember some of his antics (like the Iowa State dual) and he's embarassed seeing it. But he genuinely does have a condition that can't be fixed (the Big Ten documentary covers it). But overall I do think he made a strong effort to better himself in Iowa City and did well.

Controversial opinion but I have a pretty soft spot for ADS, maybe partially because he is a PA kid also. RBY clearly had a great deal of respect for him and vice versa. His interviews not in competition seem very good overall. Few parents who have had kids work with him said he's fantastic with them as well.

Was he perfect, absolutely not and he would tell you the same. He said he looks back and doesn't even remember some of his antics (like the Iowa State dual) and he's embarassed seeing it. But he genuinely does have a condition that can't be fixed (the Big Ten documentary covers it). But overall I do think he made a strong effort to better himself in Iowa City and did well.
The restart in his last NCAA after RBY had taken him down late and clinched the win… (he had started to get emotional realizing he wouldn’t be a champion / make the finals)… tugged at my heartstrings. I had Mrs McPat watch it. (We have kids in sports not much younger and Mrs McPat is a coach.). I’ll never forget that reaction.

It’s between Snyder or Dake no one else comes close to their body of work. I chose Snyder because his early success is so extraordinary. Dake is a pretty easy take except that until recently everyone hated him.

Reactions: hlstone
On the list I'd go with Dake, but it's close with someone not on the list. Logan Steiber. He was a beast.

It’s between Snyder or Dake no one else comes close to their body of work. I chose Snyder because his early success is so extraordinary. Dake is a pretty easy take except that until recently everyone hated him.
And deservedly so after his "I take down" mockery of Frank Molinaro after their finals match.

Great wrestler, but a total douche move. And not done in the heat of the moment. Deliberate douchery.

I think Gilman deserves at least an honorable mention. He had a bad reputation when he was a Hawk, but something really changed in him after he joined the NLWC. He’s won over a lot of previous detractors, and he’s also developed a very strong kinship with both past and current PSU wrestlers.

I think it was Michah Jordan who somehow didn’t get turned while Zain was ripping his arms off from his shoulders.

Reactions: mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT