ADVERTISEMENT

Most nauseating sports announcer

Jim Nantz is one of the most-syrupy, patronizing a-holes ever...

Tim Brando - like just about every ‘Tim’ I’ve ever met, is a putz

And if a “host” can be classified as an “announcer” Chris Berman takes the cake

Used to really hate Joe Buck until his interview on the Howard Stern Show where he was very self-depricating, funny, and likable ... something I’d assured myself he was not

Bill Walton. The dude is bat[crap] crazy all the time and probably hasn't been not stoned since he was 12.
Classic Walton last night...ASU/Oregon go to OT, and Walton heads to the bathroom. Play starts back up and Pasch is doing the game by himself until you see Walton come walking along the court to get back to the table.

Jim Nantz is one of the most-syrupy, patronizing a-holes ever...

Tim Brando - like just about every ‘Tim’ I’ve ever met, is a putz

And if a “host” can be classified as an “announcer” Chris Berman takes the cake

Used to really hate Joe Buck until his interview on the Howard Stern Show where he was very self-depricating, funny, and likable ... something I’d assured myself he was not

Agree with basically everything you said, but one Tim (whom I assume you have not met) is most certainly not a putz:

FP Santangelo is awful. Comcast took the Philly Channel off our lineup and replaced it with the DC Channel and one of the few times i could only see the Phils When they played the Nats or Buccos. I dont mind the Pirate broadcast esp, when Bob Walk is on. They tell many strories of the Phillies/Pirate rivalary from the glory days.
One day i got home and turned on the Phils/Nats and he was once again doing his over the top gushing ( this was regarding Scherzer) and hiw great he was pitching that day so i figured the Phils were losing and Max was working on a perfect game. It was 3-3 in the 7th.
Listening to him, you think we should petiton The HOF to let active players in because every Nat more than qualifies because they ate best ever. The other guy will say something and then FP will try to impress by using his impressive vocabulary to say the same thing.

Reactions: bison13
Once upon a time Dick Vitale was great. Like 30 years ago.

Then he just became a bloviating caricature of himself. And the blatant rooting is unlistenable. When he's not slurping Duke, he's giving Notre Dame a handy.

He should have quit a long time ago, but he has an easy job and he's getting paid a mint, so would YOU quit?

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
What exactly is Mike Tirico's role at NBC. There's a guy I don't care for. They force him on us at the major golf events when it"s not even necessary. Sorry, but nothing wrong with Jimmy Roberts or Steve Sands doing interviews at The Players.

Get ready ready cause this dude will take over for Al Michaels on SNF and Dan Hicks on golf coverage some day.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
For anyone who doesn't think it's Bill Walton, tune in the PAC12 Championship.

Once upon a time Dick Vitale was great. Like 30 years ago.

Then he just became a bloviating caricature of himself. And the blatant rooting is unlistenable. When he's not slurping Duke, he's giving Notre Dame a handy.

He should have quit a long time ago, but he has an easy job and he's getting paid a mint, so would YOU quit?

He was never great.

He is a copy-cat of Al Maguire.

AL was great.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
I always get a laugh out of Walton. I know I’m not stoned so I guess I don’t have a stick shoved up me like some of you.

Mowins is terrible and it’s amazing that she gets so many opportunities but we know why that happens. Hawk Harrelson was unlistenable because of his constant homerism and since I’m a fan of a division rival, it always pissed me off. One name not mentioned - Pete Gillen. The voice is annoying and he continues to espouse his poor coaching philosophy on us when he calls games.

Those of you with issues with my golf guys, Tirico and Maltbie (really??), wow, go take a walk at sunrise on the beach to calm yourself.

I can't say there is an announcer I like on the national stage. I like the tribe guy as well as the Cavs. Perhaps it is easier because they can be homers.

My problem is the national team is often wrong with their calls and feel they need to be the entertainment (more than the game itself). My favorite national right now would have to be Romo. I learn things listening to him. Kosar was similar but his diction was horrible

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Boooooooooooooooooooring

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The apocalypse is here when Joe Buck and Merrill Reese do a football game together.

Hmmm... I don’t mind Vitale at all. I don ‘t care much for Mowins but, on the whole, I don’t really care about who is doing play-by-play or the color guys. A clean, well-played game overshadows talking heads on TV.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT