ADVERTISEMENT

More Interesting Stats - Penn State 10+ win seasons since joining the Big Ten

TenerHallTerror

Oct 18, 2016
Assume Penn State wins outright the last 3 games.

This would give Franklin back to back 10 win seasons in the Big Ten

Paterno did it twice (93/94 and 08/09) and had 7 10-win seasons in 18 years

I think next year will be a challenge. 2019 and beyond? Look out. Significant upgrade in talent.

Exactly! If CJF can bump up recruiting to top 10 each year (and I believe he can) and if he continues to surround himself with cutting edge coordinators then we are going to be more than a 'thorn in the side' of Ahia State and Meat.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
Someone told me that Pitt actually had a 10 win season once. Any confirmation of that?

I think next year will be a challenge. 2019 and beyond? Look out. Significant upgrade in talent.

Agree but not sold at the QB position. I see 2019 being a good year...am not sold on the young QB's or the talent committed, at this point. But who knows....would have said the same about McS.

There are more games played now than there were when PSU joined the Big 10. A couple more than the '68 team played. Not an equivalent comparison.

A couple stats I would like to see Franklin improve upon:
Record in games decided by 7 points or fewer: 10-10
Bowl Record: 1-2

I grew up experiencing winning these games at a significantly higher rate. I hope lessons are learned so that there is improvement in the numbers.

We have a favorable schedule next year, I wouldn’t toss out next year as a rebuilding year. I think those years are over. We will just roll on.

We have Wisconsin’s, Ohio State, Michigan State all at home. We have Michigan, Indiana, Illinois and Rutgers on road.

Many people remember an era that never existed. In the first few years. Paterno did not exactly average a 0.900 winning percentage, except in his very first five years or so.

Reactions: Nitt1300
There are more games played now than there were when PSU joined the Big 10. A couple more than the '68 team played. Not an equivalent comparison.

I grew up experiencing winning these games at a significantly higher rate. I hope lessons are learned so that there is improvement in the numbers.

Was curious what Joe's record in 1 score games was.
98-55 Overall
79-34 from 66-99
19-24 from 00-11

4 of those seasons PSU played 13 total games

Many people remember an era that never existed. In the first few years. Paterno did not exactly average a 0.900 winning percentage, except in his very first five years or so.

Really? After his first five years, Paterno averaged 0.826 over his next 11 years, with eight seasons with ten or more wins, back when they only played 12 games, including the bowls. So, I guess you'r right. He didn't average 0.900, but he was darn close.

Really? After his first five years, Paterno averaged 0.826 over his next 11 years, with eight seasons with ten or more wins, back when they only played 12 games, including the bowls. So, I guess you'r right. He didn't average 0.900, but he was darn close.

And he averaged 9.9 wins per season.

Wait! Are you telling me that this season isn't a failure? I'm so confused as I thought the season was now over. :confused::)

Reactions: BlueBand
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT