ADVERTISEMENT

More espn twitter personalities lashing out (this time it's Herbie)

Just watched the game again - Fowler had to talk for about 30 seconds after the final TD because Herbie was so shocked. Herbie’s first comment? A nervous laugh.

Actual forthright observations pertinent to the game he is watching are forbidden in his contract with OSU. He is a joke...in the same manner Mark may was a joke.

I just wish Herby would shut up once in a while. Every damn second Fowler isn't talking it is Herby going blah blah blah blah blah blah.

I though Herbie was pretty complimentary of State last night, particularly of #26. He can be annoying doing buckeye games (where he tips his homer hand with relative frequency) but I didn't hear anything that warranted a twitter attack from the Iowa game.

Agreed. However, herbie was a douche with his "Top 4" this morning.

Also, herbie's sports jacket last night did not pass the eye test.

Agreed. However, herbie was a douche with his "Top 4" this morning.

Also, herbie's sports jacket last night did not pass the eye test.
Pass the eye test??? The damn thing likely busted a lot of eye balls that dared to stare straight at it.

As for his top 4....the next time I care about Mr. Herbstreit's opinion in regards to cfb will be the first.

Reactions: Spydersgirl
I though Herbie was pretty complimentary of State last night, particularly of #26. He can be annoying doing buckeye games (where he tips his homer hand with relative frequency) but I didn't hear anything that warranted a twitter attack from the Iowa game.

Is that why he said his "Top 4" were now Bama, Clemson, OU and TCU??? So let me get this straight, OU beating a Baylor team that is now 0-4 (and came into the OU game Saturday 0-3) by a single score while surrendering 41 points to Baylor is a better win than PSU beating 3-0 Iowa @Iowa? Ummmm, Okee-dokee, amazing how the opinions of the "Eye Testers" and their ever inconsistent, flexible standards are in regards to the fraudulently named "playoff". Let me guess, just more of that legendary "traditional b1g $hithole" coincidental inconsistency, not actual inbred, slackjaw midwestern bias??? Things that make you go hhhhmmmmmmmm......

Actual forthright observations pertinent to the game he is watching are forbidden in his contract with OSU. He is a joke...in the same manner Mark may was a joke.
Don't even compare the two. May is an A-hole that wears his bias against certain programs on his sleeve.

Herbie at least attempts to do his job. Him eating crow in 06 after pushing for an Ohio State/Michigan rematch was delightful.

As good as our defense played, all we heard was how we were running downhill all game because we disrepsected their passing attack. OK.

I thought the WAY we ran downhill and attacked a pretty good back was kinda impressive. And we were able to disrespect their passing attack in part because we have pretty good DB's we could leave on an island.

But none of that mattered to Herby. We were looking good because of Iowa's inability to throw. We had nothing to do with any of that.

And that is the kind of crap that annoys me.

I have friends who watch dozens of games. They might tune into one of our games for 10 minutes and then be off. If they hear a "respected" voice like Herby making those kinds of comments, they assume he speaks for the game, knows what he is talking about, and then they click off. PSU won at the last second by a deuce? Yup, about as Herby said...

And yeah, voters do the exact same thing. Being dissed while playing great defense does not help the cause.

And yeah, we win 'em all, it won't matter.,

Is that why he said his "Top 4" were now Bama, Clemson, OU and TCU??? So let me get this straight, OU beating a Baylor team that is now 0-4 (and came into the OU game Saturday 0-3) by a single score while surrendering 41 points to Baylor is a better win than PSU beating 3-0 Iowa @Iowa? Ummmm, Okee-dokee, amazing how the opinions of the "Eye Testers" and their ever inconsistent, flexible standards are in regards to the fraudulently named "playoff". Let me guess, just more of that legendary "traditional b1g $hithole" coincidental inconsistency, not actual inbred, slackjaw midwestern bias??? Things that make you go hhhhmmmmmmmm......
There it is! Classic.

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
Don't even compare the two. May is an A-hole that wears his bias against certain programs on his sleeve.

Herbie at least attempts to do his job. Him eating crow in 06 after pushing for an Ohio State/Michigan rematch was delightful.

True....but he is equally unprofessional. May was negative by commission Herbie by omission.

Reactions: ralphster
Herbie hates PSU and likes them better losing. He cannot stand they are a threat to OSU. Anyone who falls for his BS is ignorant. ESPN new thing is praise Barkley as best player in nation but rest of team isn't that good. Dum Dum Pollack said PSU would win 5-6 games without Barkley. That will be the spin this year for all.

Why people feel the need to engage celebs like Herbstreit on Twitter is beyond me.

Agree but why Herbie would feel need to engage back shows his real character. But he cheats on his wife so we knew what kind of douche he is.

True....but he is equally unprofessional. May was negative by commission Herbie by omission.
I'll take the latter by default. We really shouldn't have to choose though.

How hard can it be to make a great living being an objective college football fan?

Jack Weller needs to chill out and Herbie needs to grow thicker skin. Herbie has always been complimentary of PSU and it's student athletes. Listen to his interview with Cabinda the other week when he talks about how much he loves interviewing PSU players because they're so well spoken and educated. Does that sound like someone who hates PSU? Yes, he's a Buckeye first but can you blame him for that? Only natural.

Jack Weller needs to chill out and Herbie needs to grow thicker skin. Herbie has always been complimentary of PSU and it's student athletes. Listen to his interview with Cabinda the other week when he talks about how much he loves interviewing PSU players because they're so well spoken and educated. Does that sound like someone who hates PSU? Yes, he's a Buckeye first but can you blame him for that? Only natural.
Agreed. Herbie was great during the game.

I get so much more enjoyment out of turning the sound off on the TV and listening to Steve and Jack. I could not care less if it is not synced up exactly. There is no circumstance where I will put up with any of these blathering blatherskites.
If you listen through the link on GOPSUSPORTS.COM, you can pause the radio broadcast and sync it up pretty well.

Wow. Took a quick look at that twitter thread and it immediately devolved into scandal jibberish....

Was it praise when he was calling Hailey, Johnny on the spot. It seemed to me that he was having flashbacks of the Ohio State game last year. That Hailey just stands around waiting for the ball to bounce into his hands.

Just watched the game again - Fowler had to talk for about 30 seconds after the final TD because Herbie was so shocked. Herbie’s first comment? A nervous laugh.
My favorite was last year during and after the blocked kick against OSU there literally wasn't a peep from Herbie during that time. Was almost magical.

He would want PSU ranked as high as possible before the OSU game, no? His ranking has nothing to do with them. Some of you make us look like a bunch of pitters!

Reactions: PSU-Knocker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT