ADVERTISEMENT

MLB planning to return July 4

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
Owners are planning an 82 game schedule beginning in July without fans in ballparks. The national league would begin to use the designated hitter. Games may be played in spring training parks depending upon whether states have opened up in the areas where the major league parks are located.

This is good news for NHL and NBA playoffs happening around this timeframe.

I'm just about desperate enough to watch a MLB game for entertainment. I'm just about there. Maybe some friendly wagers could make it interesting.

Reactions: psu00
People will not watch baseball on TV. Baseball is horrible on its own, now add no fans... couldn't think of anything worse.

Reactions: Delco Lion
The no fans thing is silly. Either go back to the way it should be and we will deal with the consequences or cancel the damn season.
I don't think anything should be shutdown. People can choose to go if they want or not. If the stadium workers are ok with working and the fans are ok with going to the game why should they not be allowed to go? From what I have read, this is practically impossible to catch outdoors.

So Doolittle wants MLB to assume the worst about every aspect of CV and base their plans off that?

sounds like he wants health protections for players, families, staff, stadium workers and the workforce

My Red Sox would be 10 games out by now if we had baseball. It's the only thing good about baseball being curtailed...they will be eliminated by August 1st

My Red Sox would be 10 games out by now if we had baseball. It's the only thing good about baseball being curtailed...they will be eliminated by August 1st
I'd kill to have your roster instead of mine. You don't know suffering until your team is owned by the cheapest owner in all of sport.

Reactions: bkmtnittany1
NL DH? I guess MLB is following the "never let a good crisis go to waste" format.

The no fans thing is silly. Either go back to the way it should be and we will deal with the consequences or cancel the damn season.

I can picture baseball without fans. Hell, we already have cities like; Miami, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, etc.

There is way too much emotion playing football and hockey without fans. It's a scrimmage or
practice without fans.IMO

Not sure about NBA. I'm sure they will play, but not sure what it will look like. Maybe, NBA refs
won't call games so slanted towards home teams.

How can you hand a cup to a team with no fans in the building?

Ha
Owners are planning an 82 game schedule beginning in July without fans in ballparks. The national league would begin to use the designated hitter. Games may be played in spring training parks depending upon whether states have opened up in the areas where the major league parks are located.
Haven't we suffered enough?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT