ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan's Donovan Edwards appears to share antisemitic tweet (link)

Agreed, this is not a capital offense...or something that should get him suspended. So they talked to the kid and with their helpful input, he followed up with what amounts to a retraction saying that he loves everybody, blah, blah. It brought tears to my eyes. Story over.

But during the talk hopefully they also informed him that there are only two categories of American citizens who can be smeared with impunity: working-class white males and conservative Christians. He might want to keep that in mind for future reference.

Since it's no big deal, why did a scUM Board Member (who also happens to be Jewish by faith and descent) make a public statement via his Twitter page, after Donovan Edwards posted this yesterday to his Twitter page, stating that it was unacceptable and he was going to take the matter up internally at scUM (which he absolutely did do as his latest post says he spoke with both HC Harbaugh and position coach Hart.....etc.....)??? Rather sad that Harbaugh has not said a word about this topic despite a University Board Member going public with a statement and Edwards' actions making multiple national news feeds.

Ok then. Ask yourself: What should PENN STATE do if one of their key players did this?

Still "nothing to see here"?

Ok then. Ask yourself: What should PENN STATE do if one of their key players did this?

Kids do stupid stuff. Those of us that are old enough are probably thrilled social media didn't exist when we were 20, drunk and completely stupid at times.

Was Kayne's tweet appropriate? No
Was the retweet appropriate? No
But cancel culture is just as bad--the kid made a mistake and hopefully he learns from it. Of course he said it was a "glitch" or "unintentional". Deny, deny, deny.

Kids do stupid stuff. Those of us that are old enough are probably thrilled social media didn't exist when we were 20, drunk and completely stupid at times.

Was Kayne's tweet appropriate? No
Was the retweet appropriate? No
But cancel culture is just as bad--the kid made a mistake and hopefully he learns from it. Of course he said it was a "glitch" or "unintentional". Deny, deny, deny.
Theres an easy way to avoid cancel culture, if thats even what this is, by taking responsibility for it rather than calling it a glitch. This generation just cant seem to own up to things they control. Its always someone else's fault.

Agreed, this is not a capital offense...or something that should get him suspended. So they talked to the kid and with their helpful input, he followed up with what amounts to a retraction saying that he loves everybody, blah, blah. It brought tears to my eyes. Story over.

But during the talk hopefully they also informed him that there are only two categories of American citizens who can be smeared with impunity: working-class white males and conservative Christians. He might want to keep that in mind for future reference.
Left out Catholics.

Reactions: NoBareFeet
Theres an easy way to avoid cancel culture, if thats even what this is, by taking responsibility for it rather than calling it a glitch. This generation just cant seem to own up to things they control. Its always someone else's fault.
Don't respond to him he is a troll. Everyone on this board knows it. Don't feed the troll, put him on ignore.

Too funny - Donovan Edwards makes a post at his own Twitter account absolving himself of all accountability for his tweet and labels it a "glitch" (here's a LINK to an article on the topic).

Better yet is the University of Michigan's response to this situation as summarized in THIS ARTICLE and THIS ARTICLE.

"Michigan Men" LMAO! What a joke - Edwards never accepts responsibility and accountability for his words and actions (writes them all off to being "a glitch" wtf that means!) and the University announces that he's a "good young man" will miss no playing time.... issue no apology...... and will visit a museum in Detroit after the football season???
You are trying way to hard with this one Bushwood.

The kid did a stupid and mindless retweet of somebody else's idiotic, anti-Semitic comment...and has since gone into full grovel mode and apologized for it, pledged to visit the Holocaust Museum, the whole nine yards. Lacking any other history of bigoted behavior on his part, that should be the end of the story.

As to your hypothetical question above, yes, this would most definitely be my opinion if he played for Penn State. In fact, Antonio Shelton made an arguably more blatant racist comment -- something about going out of his way to "lower the shoulder" on a white bypasser because he was white -- and he was not chastised in the least...except on message boards.

The public crucifixion and cancellation of people, even kids, has become a cottage industry in this country, and it's a symptom of a deep sickness in the culture. We've got waaaay worse things to worry about than some football player's misguided retweet of somebody else's stupid, offensive comment.

Kanye is a conservate republican I think. So I can get the reference being to abortion, makes some sense. But not sure how voting democrat (assuming what he is accusing Jewish people of doing) has anything to do with "they have children to feed".
Kanye is not a conservative Republican….he’s an independent with some conservative views and some liberal views. He’s more about his own agenda than any political party’s agenda.

The kid did a stupid and mindless retweet of somebody else's idiotic, anti-Semitic comment...and has since gone into full grovel mode and apologized for it, pledged to visit the Holocaust Museum, the whole nine yards. Lacking any other history of bigoted behavior on his part, that should be the end of the story.

As to your hypothetical question above, yes, this would most definitely be my opinion if he played for Penn State. In fact, Antonio Shelton made an arguably more blatant racist comment -- something about going out of his way to "lower the shoulder" on a white bypasser because he was white -- and he was not chastised in the least...except on message boards.

The public crucifixion and cancellation of people, even kids, has become a cottage industry in this country, and it's a symptom of a deep sickness in the culture. We've got waaaay worse things to worry about than some football player's misguided retweet of somebody else's stupid, offensive comment.
I'm calling B.S.

This board would be calling for at least a game suspension and so would you, and by the way Shelton was ran out if here on a rail by Franklin so he portaled to Florida.

Last edited:

Agreed and further, Kanye's tweet is stupid and poorly written but it doesn't call for harm or hate to Jewish people. It appears to possibly call them out for a pro abortion stance that is aligned with their voting history which is probably wrong to single them out from other democrat voters. But it doesn't call for harm. I continue to have trouble fully interpreting the tweet and I have multiple degrees and much more life experience than the kid from Michigan.

I could see suspending the kid if he retweeted the democrat HOR's
"Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel. #Gaza #Palestine #Israel"

— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN)

That is clearly antisemitic and intended to bring harm to Jewish people. There is no misinterpreting that sort of antisemitic language but this democrat represtative of Minnesota faces no canceling, no real consequences. And she officially represents the US government and should know better. Yet, we are to hold a college kid responsible for retweeting an ambiguous at best tweet interpreted as possibly antisemitic?

going back and trying to read the sentence, it definetly has horrible grammar and the second half of the sentence appears to be missing a word or two. I don't understand "humiliate your women simply because they have childrent to feed" and how that links with the first part of the sentence. And then why does he call out Jewish people as the main group doing this? When I think of abortion, I don't think of the Jewish population as the ones that are somehow in charge of and aggresively pushing people women to have abortions.

The tweet read, "Jewish people will literally tell you that they want you to kill your own and humiliate your women simply because they have children to feed."

I believe he was referring to Janet Yellin (sp?) who said that banning abortion hurts the economy.

Is this really the tweet that everyone is using to say Kanye is antisemitic? Or is there more? Because if it's just this tweet, someone is going to have to explain what is so antisemitic about it. He doesn't call for any harm to Jewish people or even say that he hates them at least not in the tweet that I saw in the article.
Planning to title an album “Hitler“ a few years back by Ye does it for me. The man is not only antisemitic but mentally ill IMO.

Agreed and further, Kanye's tweet is stupid and poorly written but it doesn't call for harm or hate to Jewish people. It appears to possibly call them out for a pro abortion stance that is aligned with their voting history which is probably wrong to single them out from other democrat voters. But it doesn't call for harm. I continue to have trouble fully interpreting the tweet and I have multiple degrees and much more life experience than the kid from Michigan.

I could see suspending the kid if he retweeted the democrat HOR's
"Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel. #Gaza #Palestine #Israel"

— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN)

That is clearly antisemitic and intended to bring harm to Jewish people. There is no misinterpreting that sort of antisemitic language but this democrat represtative of Minnesota faces no canceling, no real consequences. And she officially represents the US government and should know better. Yet, we are to hold a college kid responsible for retweeting an ambiguous at best tweet interpreted as possibly antisemitic?

You keep making assumptions and adopting them as fact in an effort to minimize and rationalize the actions of Donovan Edwards. Kanye West is a well known antisemite - in fact, shortly prior to making the post that Donovan Edwards "liked" and "reposted" to his own Twitter page, Kanye West made the following post to his page (i.e., the same page DE was following and liked/reposted the tweet that has caused this controversy):

“I’m a bit sleepy tonight but when I wake up I’m going death con 3 On JEWISH PEOPLE”

Let me guess, you're going to say this is rather harmless and not definitively antisemitic??? Again, Donovan Edwards would have been following, and very familiar with, Kanye West's long string of antisemitic remarks as he was following West's site at the time he was making these consistently antisemitic remarks as he liked and reposted one of them!

Give me a break with your rationalizations and minimalizations made in a vacuum - Kanye West made a series of antisemitic posts at his site both prior to and after the post that Donovan Edwards "liked" and "reposted" (i.e., he was clearly following Kanye West's page) - to say he wasn't aware that Kanye West was antisemitic stretches incredulity.

Fair but we all make mistakes and have shown poor judgment at some point. Maybe not to this level but we have
The lack of accountability is frustrating but that's an issue with many generations sadly

Since it's no big deal, why did a scUM Board Member (who also happens to be Jewish by faith and descent) make a public statement via his Twitter page, after Donovan Edwards posted this yesterday to his Twitter page, stating that it was unacceptable and he was going to take the matter up internally at scUM (which he absolutely did do as his latest post says he spoke with both HC Harbaugh and position coach Hart.....etc.....)??? Rather sad that Harbaugh has not said a word about this topic despite a University Board Member going public with a statement and Edwards' actions making multiple national news feeds.
Any chance some rich, Jewish, SCUM board member going to the coaches about a kid's tweet is just going to cement the kid's anti-Semitic views? Just because kids do stupid things, doesn't mean adults have to respond in kind.

You keep making assumptions and adopting them as fact in an effort to minimize and rationalize the actions of Donovan Edwards. Kanye West is a well known antisemite - in fact, shortly prior to making the post that Donovan Edwards "liked" and "reposted" to his own Twitter page, Kanye West made the following post to his page (i.e., the same page DE was following and liked/reposted the tweet that has caused this controversy):

Let me guess, you're going to say this is rather harmless and not definitively antisemitic??? Again, Donovan Edwards would have been following, and very familiar with, Kanye West's long string of antisemitic remarks as he was following West's site at the time he was making these consistently antisemitic remarks as he liked and reposted one of them!

Give me a break with your rationalizations and minimalizations made in a vacuum - Kanye West made a series of antisemitic posts at his site both prior to and after the post that Donovan Edwards "liked" and "reposted" (i.e., he was clearly following Kanye West's page) - to say he wasn't aware that Kanye West was antisemitic stretches incredulity.
Please. I specifically asked in my very first post if there was more. I don't know the whole background on Kanye which is why I asked. Plus, a story that he planned to call an album something that he didn't sounds sketchy. Did he really? Whose account are we going by? What is the actual evidence?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT