ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan's Donovan Edwards appears to share antisemitic tweet (link)

That bigoted stuff is never ok, and should not ever be ok. UM/Harbaugh needs to make that clear to this young man, so that he understands it can only hurt him in the long run. No need for public humiliation, but a firm response - part of college coaching is to guide the athlete to improve as a person, too.

That bigoted stuff is never ok, and should not ever be ok. UM/Harbaugh needs to make that clear to this young man, so that he understands it can only hurt him in the long run. No need for public humiliation, but a firm response - part of college coaching is to guide the athlete to improve as a person, too.

One would think that after Jimmy Douche's gratuitous and moronic comments regarding James Franklin that he would have a public statement about this, no???

Here is a HOTLINK TO THE ARTICLE.

Perhaps Jimmy Douche could publicly comment on this.
Is this really the tweet that everyone is using to say Kanye is antisemitic? Or is there more? Because if it's just this tweet, someone is going to have to explain what is so antisemitic about it. He doesn't call for any harm to Jewish people or even say that he hates them at least not in the tweet that I saw in the article.

Is this really the tweet that everyone is using to say Kanye is antisemitic? Or is there more? Because if it's just this tweet, someone is going to have to explain what is so antisemitic about it. He doesn't call for any harm to Jewish people or even say that he hates them at least not in the tweet that I saw in the article.

Are you really trying to claim that Donovan Edwards' tweet - directly referenced and copied into the article - is not antisemitic???

Not a big Kanye fan. In what context does a quote like that even come up? It’s just so out of left field. WTH.

Are you really trying to claim that Donovan Edwards' tweet - directly referenced and copied into the article - is not antisemitic???
From the article: Several Twitter users screenshotted the tweet, which appeared to show Edwards’ retweet. The tweet read, "Jewish people will literally tell you that they want you to kill your own and humiliate your women simply because they have children to feed."

It's a dumb tweet and doesn't make any sense to me but the tweet doesn't call for harm to Jewish people or say that he hates them. To me it suggests in an awkward way that Jewish people support abortion which if you look at how they generally vote, that is true. How would you interpret what Kanye wrote? I'm trying to understand it.

The tweet read, "Jewish people will literally tell you that they want you to kill your own and humiliate your women simply because they have children to feed."

That is pretty bad. And I don't understand what the context is but really doesn't matter.

And when did Kanye West change his name to Ye and why?

Too funny - Donovan Edwards makes a post at his own Twitter account absolving himself of all accountability for his tweet and labels it a "glitch" (here's a LINK to an article on the topic).

Better yet is the University of Michigan's response to this situation as summarized in THIS ARTICLE and THIS ARTICLE.

"Michigan Men" LMAO! What a joke - Edwards never accepts responsibility and accountability for his words and actions (writes them all off to being "a glitch" wtf that means!) and the University announces that he's a "good young man" will miss no playing time.... issue no apology...... and will visit a museum in Detroit after the football season???

From the article: Several Twitter users screenshotted the tweet, which appeared to show Edwards’ retweet. The tweet read, "Jewish people will literally tell you that they want you to kill your own and humiliate your women simply because they have children to feed."

It's a dumb tweet and doesn't make any sense to me but the tweet doesn't call for harm to Jewish people or say that he hates them. To me it suggests in an awkward way that Jewish people support abortion which if you look at how they generally vote, that is true. How would you interpret what Kanye wrote? I'm trying to understand it.
Kanye is a conservate republican I think. So I can get the reference being to abortion, makes some sense. But not sure how voting democrat (assuming what he is accusing Jewish people of doing) has anything to do with "they have children to feed".

Too funny - Donovan Edwards makes a post at his own Twitter account absolving himself of all accountability for his tweet and labels it a "glitch" (here's a LINK to an article on the topic).

"Michigan Men" LMAO! What a joke - Edwards never accepts responsibility and accountability for his words and actions (writes them all off to being "a glitch" wtf that means!) and the University announces that he's a "good young man" will miss no playing time.... issue no apology...... and will visit a museum in Detroit after the football season???

Better yet is the University of Michigan's response to this situation as summarized in THIS ARTICLE and THIS ARTICLE.
What is your problem with him "never accepts responsibility and accountability for his words and actions"?

You do exactly the same thing. You like to dig up the most minimal thing about opponents & their programs, post un-ending tirades about it before the game, then if things are looking like a loss you disappear until the next victory. You leave the rest of us to deal with the shit you stir up.

I'm beginning to think you are a fan of a rival just trying to make us look bad. Real fans stick around through thick and thin.

The tweet read, "Jewish people will literally tell you that they want you to kill your own and humiliate your women simply because they have children to feed."

That is pretty bad. And I don't understand what the context is but really doesn't matter.

And when did Kanye West change his name to Ye and why?
Again, my best interpretation of that tweet is stating that Jewish people support abortion. Based in voting records, that is pretty accurate. It was said in a weird way but I think the reason it is a big deal is because it is a pro life stance from a black man. That and he just wore a white lives matter shirt.

Liberals don't seem to want black men to think for themselves. Every black man that has been outspoken about conservative views has been labeled an uncle Tom and been attacked in the media and canceled. Liberals can't have a self made billionaire rapper and apparel mogul speaking out against their narrative be it abortion or white lives mattering. So they have come after him like they've come After their former hero Elon musk for openly stating conservative views.

The real danger here is that the left wants to silence anyone who dares speak against their narrative. And if they destroy people in the process, that seems to be ok.

Kanye is a conservate republican I think. So I can get the reference being to abortion, makes some sense. But not sure how voting democrat (assuming what he is accusing Jewish people of doing) has anything to do with "they have children to feed".
My guess on that is abortion clinics are making money off of abortions and selling fetus organs. So that is literally how some people that work in that industry feed their children, from money made through abortions. I don't know that a bunch of Jewish people run abortion clinics but maybe they do. I just don't know that much about who is actually aborting all these predominantly black babies.

Again, my best interpretation of that tweet is stating that Jewish people support abortion. Based in voting records, that is pretty accurate. It was said in a weird way but I think the reason it is a big deal is because it is a pro life stance from a black man. That and he just wore a white lives matter shirt.

Liberals don't seem to want black men to think for themselves. Every black man that has been outspoken about conservative views has been labeled an uncle Tom and been attacked in the media and canceled. Liberals can't have a self made billionaire rapper and apparel mogul speaking out against their narrative be it abortion or white lives mattering. So they have come after him like they've come After their former hero Elon musk for openly stating conservative views.

The real danger here is that the left wants to silence anyone who dares speak against their narrative. And if they destroy people in the process, that seems to be ok.

Wow, what a stretch - gee, do tell how group is singled out and how does that group singularly benefit from abortion??? Your leap of a stretch is comical as is your insistence that it isn't an antisemitic statement.

Wow, what a stretch - gee, do tell how group is singled out and how does that group singularly benefit from abortion??? Your leap of a stretch is comical as is your insistence that it isn't an antisemitic statement.
1) I never said it wasn't antisemitic. I said someone would have to explain why it is and that I was trying to understand the tweet. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Why don't you explain why it is?

2) I can't even understand what you wrote about "group is singled out and how does that group singularly benefit from abortion". What are you trying to say there? Your language is just as awkward as Kanye in his tweet.

1) I never said it wasn't antisemitic. I said someone would have to explain why it is and I was trying to understand the tweet.

2) I can't even understand what you wrote about "group is singled out and how does that group singularly benefit from abortion". What are you trying to say there? Your language is just as awkward as Kanye in his tweet.

No it isn't - you're trying to say that the words suggest he is commenting on abortion, so do tell - since the words "suggest this" TO YOU why precisely the group the quote references is singularly called out and how does this group singularly benefit from abortion. You're the party claiming the statement makes sense in the context of a statement about abortion, not me pal - so do explain how singling out this group and then claiming (your claim, no one elses) that this group is singularly economically benefitting from abortion clinics makes sense???

Last edited:

The sentence structure is all but illiterate, making the intended meaning hard to understand. However, I think your abortion interpretation is correct, and the reference to "children to feed" arises from recent bizarre statements on the part of pro-choice extremists to the effect that aborting unborn babies could be one way of reducing social problems like poverty and hunger. Like, kill the kid and then he won't be poor. Gosh, why didn't we think of that earlier?

Anyway, the association of "Jewish people" with this mindset is offensive, dumb, and anti-Semitic. And I say that as a person who does not jump to such accusations at the drop of a hat. Far from it. But the extremism that Kanye appears to be condemning in his confused and misguided way is NOT associated with any particular ethnic group but rather with an ideology whose adherents include people of all races and nationalities.

No, that’s not it. There’s more. Do a quick google search before dying on the hill of a mentally ill bigot.

If there’s humor to be found, I learned yesterday that Antonio Brown is the President of Kanye’s sports marketing agency (which lost it’s big name clients this week). Talk about takes one to know one.

The sentence structure is all but illiterate, making the intended meaning hard to understand. However, I think your abortion interpretation is correct, and the reference to "children to feed" arises from recent bizarre statements on the part of pro-choice extremists to the effect that aborting unborn babies could be one way of reducing social problems like poverty and hunger. Like, kill the kid and then he won't be poor. Gosh, why didn't we think of that earlier?

Anyway, the association of "Jewish people" with this mindset is offensive, dumb, and anti-Semitic. And I say that as a person who does not jump to such accusations at the drop of a hat. Far from it. But the extremism that Kanye appears to be condemning in his confused and misguided way is NOT associated with any particular ethnic group but rather with an ideology whose adherents include people of all races and nationalities.

Exactly. I think THIS ARTICLE has it about right regarding Edwards' lame excuse and the University's pathetic statement on the matter.

1) I never said it wasn't antisemitic. I said someone would have to expl why it is and that I was trying to understand the tweet. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Why don't you explain why it is?

Fascists don’t recognize anti-semitism.

Oh, Donovan Edwards lame excuse that it was "a glitch" - whatever that means. Is that what you're referring to? LMAO
can you prove it wasn't? The glitch was him just liking things without reading them, just like 99% of youth do today.

can you prove it wasn't? The glitch was him just liking things without reading them, just like 99% of youth do today.

No junior, he reposted the tweet to his own Twitter account - that doesn't happen from "just liking" something on someone else's account. LMAO

going back and trying to read the sentence, it definetly has horrible grammar and the second half of the sentence appears to be missing a word or two. I don't understand "humiliate your women simply because they have childrent to feed" and how that links with the first part of the sentence. And then why does he call out Jewish people as the main group doing this? When I think of abortion, I don't think of the Jewish population as the ones that are somehow in charge of and aggresively pushing people women to have abortions.

going back and trying to read the sentence, it definetly has horrible grammar and the second half of the sentence appears to be missing a word or two. I don't understand "humiliate your women simply because they have childrent to feed" and how that links with the first part of the sentence. And then why does he call out Jewish people as the main group doing this? When I think of abortion, I don't think of the Jewish population as the ones that are somehow in charge of and aggresively pushing people women to have abortions.

Yes, writing in clear and coherent language is a lost art...not only for Kanye but also for tens of millions of his fellow citizens.

I'm filling in the blanks here, but he appears to be associating the mentality of abortion on demand with the humiliation of black women at the hands of a utilitarian philosophy that thinks killing unborn black babies will simplify the problem of feeding poor black children.

He's on to something. But he goes off the rails big-time by blaming "Jewish people," who are an age-old target for bigots and conspiracy nuts. He got the issue right but the culprit wrong. It's not "Jewish people." It's people of all races, religions, and nationalities who subscribe to an anti-human ideology.

Fascists don’t recognize anti-semitism.
So now I am a facist because I asked for clarification on the tweet? Please. I'm thinking someone calling people they don't even know facist on a message board are much more likely to be facist. Do you know what facist even means?

I asked if there was more because I was having trouble trying to figure out what the tweet intended to say. I ventured a guess which others seem to think is likely where he was headed. I agree with those that say they don't know how Kanye got to Jewish people advocating the position other than most are democrats and democrats generally support abortion. It's tough to really know for sure because it was so poorly written.

Reactions: Jerry
Who gives a shit. He is a kid that probably doesn't know what the hell he was sharing.

Agreed, this is not a capital offense...or something that should get him suspended. So they talked to the kid and with their helpful input, he followed up with what amounts to a retraction saying that he loves everybody, blah, blah. It brought tears to my eyes. Story over.

But during the talk hopefully they also informed him that there are only two categories of American citizens who can be smeared with impunity: working-class white males and conservative Christians. He might want to keep that in mind for future reference.

Maybe you should read more. Kanye worships hitler is a start

So now I am a facist because I asked for clarification on the tweet? Please. I'm thinking someone calling people they don't even know facist on a message board are much more likely to be facist. Do you know what facist even means?

I asked if there was more because I was having trouble trying to figure out what the tweet intended to say. I ventured a guess which others seem to think is likely where he was headed. I agree with those that say they don't know how Kanye got to Jewish people advocating the position other than most are democrats and democrats generally support abortion. It's tough to really know for sure because it was so poorly written.

Well, what isn't difficult to know for sure is that he singles out "Jewish People" specifically as being responsible for this blight on Black society. Yet your initial post, and several follow-on posts, says that you see nothing antisemitic in the quote??? Had he said "democrats", it would not have been an antisemitic, racist and bigoted remark, but as it specifically says "Jewish People" it absolutely is an antisemitic, racist and bigoted remark. The fact that Harbaugh has made no public statement relative to the unacceptable actions of one of his players, while being more than willing to gratuitously slander and defame James Franklin from his bully pulpit, speaks volumes about what an idiot and tool Jimma is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT