ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan up to 28 commits now. Who gets denied a scholarship?

Funny how many kids are processed at other schools but it is only at Michigan where we hear of kids who had been committed for months are suddenly told they are no longer wanted.
Only Michigan? It happens all the time in the South.

This IS the board that needed the concept of back-dated scholarships explained to them, so that the ignorant rants might continue, but at least not in complete darkness.

Take your published reports. Take one side of the story. Pretend there's only one side.

Oh, wait, you did that already.

Are you new to collegiate football? There are always issues when there are coaching changes.

Swanson didn't have to try to reach Harbaugh, he was told the score, in November.

What is hard to grasp about that?

Ultimately, it is Harbaugh's decision. I respect his right to make it and I respect WHEN he made it.

You can re-draw it all up as some kind of tragedy, but that's your choice.

Go Blue. Always.

So don't take the published reports from several sources, take the word of some anonymous clown on the internet. Oh wait, that's you. I think I will take the published sources.

I have been following college football since you were playing with poop in your diaper. You sound as if you may still be playing with poop.

I understand what you are saying. I disagree. Is that so had to understand?

It is Harbaugh's decision and he has the right to make it. That doesn't mean it is the right decision.

No need to respond for my benefit, I have put you on ignore.

Do you really think Woody Hayes or Bo Schembechler would have put up with another coach poaching their recruits? It is amazing how younger people don't accept the concept of a gentleman's agreement.
First of all, and I'm on record saying this already, if there ever was a "gentleman's agreement" it was stupid. If a recruit is going to take your call, you call him. If he's committed to where he is and has no interest, you move on.

Second, you should find Corso's story of recruiting at Indiana. The premise was that when it was Ohio State week, he would have his list of targets ready. Sometime before the game, he would sit down with Woody and Woody would cross guys off Corso's list. If I recall Corso did it so he could maximize his efficiency by not going after guys Woody really wanted, and I'm sure Woody was happy to have one less person calling on those guys.

First of all, and I'm on record saying this already, if there ever was a "gentleman's agreement" it was stupid. If a recruit is going to take your call, you call him. If he's committed to where he is and has no interest, you move on.

Second, you should find Corso's story of recruiting at Indiana. The premise was that when it was Ohio State week, he would have his list of targets ready. Sometime before the game, he would sit down with Woody and Woody would cross guys off Corso's list. If I recall Corso did it so he could maximize his efficiency by not going after guys Woody really wanted, and I'm sure Woody was happy to have one less person calling on those guys.

Targets or commits?

What about the others who were processed out? The fat and lazy was a question. So none of the players who were processed out improved their game and they were all recruited by Hoke. Is that correct. And also, It was not known that they had not improved their game until late January.

Why would Swenson think he owed Harbaugh nothing. He is the coach of his dream school. According to reports, he tried to reach Harbaugh but Harbaugh would not talk to him. I am sure you will say that is not true and I have no idea, just going by published reports. If he knew he was losing his spot, why would he not have been visiting other schools. Your argument makes little sense.

We are not talking about 1 kid here. How many were processed out in the month before NSD?

You are the one who should try real-world lenses.
There were 2 kids that were told, and they were told months ago to keep there options open (it's the reason Rashad Weaver was taking visits). So we're talking about 2 kids. I will concede there should have been better communication earlier in the process. Swenson was told to come to camp and compete and refused, it seemed as he did not improve or have a willingness to compete as he thought his spot was locked in.

Funny how many kids are processed at other schools but it is only at Michigan where we hear of kids who had been committed for months are suddenly told they are no longer wanted.
Really? there were a couple instances in the news just recently

Targets or commits?
The story I heard was just targets to the best of my recollection, so I know it's not directly supporting the "agreement" concept one way or the other. Just an entertaining insight into how some things were handled then.

The story I heard was just targets to the best of my recollection, so I know it's not directly supporting the "agreement" concept one way or the other. Just an entertaining insight into how some things were handled then.

In a lot of ways, things were better back then. Let the coaches do the recruiting and let the fans find out the results on National Signing Day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT