ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread Michigan - Fri, Jan 19

He has leveled up this year, too. I think there’s a good chance he will portal somewhere (with Cael’s full support) to get a shot at it. Between almost taking down Griffith and how impressive his 8-5 loss to MM looks in retrospect, I’m sure there will be plenty of teams lined up for his services next year,
and beating three AAs / two finalists last month at senior nationals

Reactions: JimNazium
He has leveled up this year, too. I think there’s a good chance he will portal somewhere (with Cael’s full support) to get a shot at it. Between almost taking down Griffith and how impressive his 8-5 loss to MM looks in retrospect, I’m sure there will be plenty of teams lined up for his services next year,

I don't disagree with you at all, but perhaps Barraclough still believes he has a shot at 174 at PSU next year. I think people jumped off the Facundo wagon way too early because he had a couple of bad tournaments last year, so I'll be fine with either Barraclough or Facundo next year. I just feel badly for a guy like Barraclough, but I'm still selfish enough to want him to stay at PSU.

How MM wasn't OW is rather baffling - you tech (and probably should have Stalling DQ'ed) a returning 3x AA ranked nearly twice as high as you and that doesn't get you OW???
Well, he didn't tech Amine. Ragusin pinned a returning AA.

Also, one can't legitimately both (A) think Psycho is criminally under-ranked, and (B) use that ranking to justify giving him OW.

I would've given it to Psycho, but I'm not BTN. The choice is defensible.

Well, he didn't tech Amine. Also Ragusin pinned a returning AA.

The Goldbergs 80S GIF by ABC Network

This may be an unpopular opinion, but if you’re too sick to wrestle, then why are you giving interviews on Flo? And why talk smack about them not scoring a point if you were there, when you weren’t there?
OMG no. Carter should be giving post-match interviews every single time.

And if the broadcasters won't interview him voluntarily, then we need our legislators in Harrisburg and Washington to do their jobs.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but if you’re too sick to wrestle, then why are you giving interviews on Flo? And why talk smack about them not scoring a point if you were there, when you weren’t there?
Exactly. That's a good opinion.
I’m sort of with you on this. And leave the match commentary to the coaching staff as a general matter. Came across as Ricky Bobby saying he pisses excellence.
Sure did. Never saw a mirror he didn't like.
100% get your point. That being said, if there’s one person that can get away with it, it’s Carter.
He gets away with it becaue he is good at wrestling

Well, he didn't tech Amine. Ragusin pinned a returning AA.

Also, one can't legitimately both (A) think Psycho is criminally under-ranked, and (B) use that ranking to justify giving him OW.

Ragusin of the very few highlights for the home crowd.

Reactions: donboy6499
I don't disagree with you at all, but perhaps Barraclough still believes he has a shot at 174 at PSU next year. I think people jumped off the Facundo wagon way too early because he had a couple of bad tournaments last year, so I'll be fine with either Barraclough or Facundo next year. I just feel badly for a guy like Barraclough, but I'm still selfish enough to want him to stay at PSU.
He could, but the issue is that 174 is not his best weight. He weighed in at 165 and was 157 last year. He’s better off going somewhere where he can go 165 (or even 157 if he thinks he can make it).

Reactions: Ski
He could, but the issue is that 174 is not his best weight. He weighed in at 165 and was 157 last year. He’s better off going somewhere where he can go 165 (or even 157 if he thinks he can make it).
On the Iowa board, Corby said TB certified at 157.

Also of note: Evans started his college career at 133 and his opponent yesterday spent a couple seasons at 157.

I agree that I love having him as a fantastic back-up. That said, I'm at the point where I am almost rooting for him to transfer. The young man just deserves a shot to start somewhere. After all, how long is a typical "career" in wrestling for someone like Bearclaw? Take your shot, son.

Right. I guess what blows me away is that I see a guy stall out from not wanting to wrestle a match (rather than having some sort of technical stall calls like being on the legs from top) maybe once every few years? He just made a possible 4x AA look lost, and not as an upperclassman. I can say I don’t recall anyone doing that to someone with Amine’s credentials at that stage of both careers.
Amine's dad is saying ahhh shit another one. When is one of my 'Clan' going to catch a f$#@&+b break? (Fixed it :))

The Jordan's and Hidlay's raise their glass and say 'here here - Dilly Dilly'!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT