ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan considers leaving big10

https://sports.yahoo.com/si-university-michigan-board-considers-234631406.html

Don’t let the door hit you in the ass. SEC is a good fit cause we all know their motto. “If you ain’t cheated, you ain’t trying.”
I personally love this! I’m glad UM is challenging the B10 power structure. I’d love it if a blue blood left the conference (to which many others would assuredly follow suit). The B10 is a fraud and has been since…..forever. Let’s return to full on independent programs. That would be amazing!!!!

I personally love this! I’m glad UM is challenging the B10 power structure. I’d love it if a blue blood left the conference (to which many others would assuredly follow suit). The B10 is a fraud and has been since…..forever. Let’s return to full on independent programs. That would be amazing!!!!

They're just mad--as we were
Are
You both hidden UM trolls or
What ? Nice try . Go back to your cheater board and be the victims

Nope. The $100 million they'll be receiving next year from the conference payout says different.
And the 250 million they lose to out of conference teams for lost revenue you Foxian mo will leave the twisted twats $150 million in the red. Go screw your grandmother.

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24
So …. Why does everyone in this board feel the same way ?
Not everyone--there's insane people thinking I'm a Pitt fan
You all do this every time then claim I'm going to disappear because I'm not a Penn State fan
Being a Penn State fan doesn't mean I have to think Paterno is better than Saban or Smart or I have to accept mediocrity or that I have to hate all other programs. I'm a college football fan that roots for Penn State and have since birth. Most here are Penn State fans that hate college football.

Honestly, hopefully Michigan calls ND and they create a league outside of the NCAA. They should start with UNC, FSU and Clemson then go to other major programs.
Fully onboard for that and hope we follow.

Reactions: hoflane
Pat Forde of all people had this to say about Michigan’s petulance:

“That sort of Leave The League Power Play—even if it’s just discussed and never acted upon—underscores the permanent power trip that Michigan and Ohio State have enjoyed for decades within the Big Ten. The league could really use some more balance, both in terms of football success and institutional gravitas. The arrival of four schools from the Pac-12 next year might diffuse things a bit more, but it also may take years—if not decades—for that to take place”

This is part of a pretty funny article taking shots at the drama majors up in Ann Arbor

https://www.si.com/college/2023/11/...-harbaugh-suspension-embarrassing-new-heights

Let them leave, they have benefited from the home cook Big Ten refs for decades. Good luck getting those calls in the SEC. Bunch of babies. They cheated but it’s everyone else’s fault. Michigan vs Everyone is the funniest thing I have seen. They are so full of themselves.

So …. Why does everyone in this board feel the same way ?
I realize as I decide to write this post that I am likely inviting negative commentary and probably some ridicule. So be it.

I do think Lando is a follower and fan of PSU football. There might be other teams he likes as well, but I think he is a PSU fan first and foremost. I don't agree with him on some things. I understand his point of view on other things. I really don't think he shows a bias for UM, OSU, Pitt or many other schools he's been claimed to honor. I also don't think he is a site troll. Part-narcissict - yes :), but not a troll.

$0.02

I realize as I decide to write this post that I am likely inviting negative commentary and probably some ridicule. So be it.

I do think Lando is a follower and fan of PSU football. There might be other teams he likes as well, but I think he is a PSU fan first and foremost. I don't agree with him on some things. I understand his point of view on other things. I really don't think he shows a bias for UM, OSU, Pitt or many other schools he's been claimed to honor. I also don't think he is a site troll. Part-narcissict - yes :), but not a troll.

$0.02
I'm also a Northwestern fan but that's secondary and I'm mad at them for how the handled Patty Fitz. I don't care about Michigan Ohio State or Pitt. I think the fact I don't blindly hate them as opposed to not caring is the main problem. I want us to surpass Ohio State and Michigan...not have them become irrelevant so its easier for us to win. I want more tough games not less

Reactions: hoflane
This is yet one more reason, among many, to just separate sports from academics completely. Michigan is considering leaving the Big Ten because a football coach is suspended? Wait a minute, I thought Michigan and the Big Ten were about academics. Why would they leave all those academic connections?

Just make academics and sports be completely separate already and be done with it. Then, if Michigan wants to change their athletic arrangements everyone won't have to ignore the fact that it's ridiculous from an academic standpoint.

Reactions: 81b&w
This is yet one more reason, among many, to just separate sports from academics completely. Michigan is considering leaving the Big Ten because a football coach is suspended? Wait a minute, I thought Michigan and the Big Ten were about academics. Why would they leave all those academic connections?

Just make academics and sports be completely separate already and be done with it. Then, if Michigan wants to change their athletic arrangements everyone won't have to ignore the fact that it's ridiculous from an academic standpoint.

Better yet, call a vote on removing Michigan from the Big Ten. They’re threatening it so call their bluff.

Make them argue to stay and then tell them to shut up. Then release a statement that when pushed, they expressed a desire to stay and embarrass them with this nonsense.

They’re literally threatening to leave a conference because their football coach is suspended……. after they were caught red handed cheating….. which they don’t even deny.

I’m so tired of Michigan thinking they’re God’s gift to the conference and more important than everyone else.

Better yet, call a vote on removing Michigan from the Big Ten. They’re threatening it so call their bluff.

Make them argue to stay and then tell them to shut up. Then release a statement that when pushed, they expressed a desire to stay and embarrass them with this nonsense.

They’re literally threatening to leave a conference because their football coach is suspended……. after they were caught red handed cheating….. which they don’t even deny.

I’m so tired of Michigan thinking they’re God’s gift to the conference and more important than everyone else.
They aren’t leaving. The stories that say they are talking about leaving have click bait written all over it. IMO

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Pat Forde of all people had this to say about Michigan’s petulance:

“That sort of Leave The League Power Play—even if it’s just discussed and never acted upon—underscores the permanent power trip that Michigan and Ohio State have enjoyed for decades within the Big Ten. The league could really use some more balance, both in terms of football success and institutional gravitas. The arrival of four schools from the Pac-12 next year might diffuse things a bit more, but it also may take years—if not decades—for that to take place”

This is part of a pretty funny article taking shots at the drama majors up in Ann Arbor

https://www.si.com/college/2023/11/...-harbaugh-suspension-embarrassing-new-heights
Bunch of Blowhards, they have won a 1/2 of a National Title in football in 74 years. Leave and take OSU with you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT