ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Menet

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Penn State will be without its starting center for Saturday&#39;s showdown with Ohio State, a source with the team told FOX43. Redshirt junior Michal Menet is sidelined with an undisclosed injury, the source said. <a href="https://t.co/eJHkSgmO6x">https://t.co/eJHkSgmO6x</a></p>&mdash; FOX43 Sports (@FOX43Sports) <a href="">November 22, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If Hamler, Cain, and Menet are all out.....

giphy.gif

I went to re watch the game(to see when he got hurt) as it was on Youtube earlier this week, I linked it to a post. Well I found that post, after hitting the link this is the message,' This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Veritone. " Who is Veritone and why are they no fun.

Reactions: BBrown
When did you become so negative?

I am just being realistic as are most of the others who have posted about this game. We had a slim chance to win and then, apparently, we lose our starting center who is being replaced by a guy who has 2 starts this season, both at guard. Chase Young will be back for Ohio State. Can we still win this game? Sure, but if we are without Menet, the odds are a lot longer.

I am just being realistic as are most of the others who have posted about this game. We had a slim chance to win and then, apparently, we lose our starting center who is being replaced by a guy who has 2 starts this season, both at guard. Chase Young will be back for Ohio State. Can we still win this game? Sure, but if we are without Menet, the odds are a lot longer.
while Mike Miranda may have only 2 starts (IDK, i didnt bother to verify your facts) this might actually be an upgrade. I think Mike Miranda is a better player then out starting RG, so now we will have a better player on the field all time as opposed to coming off the bench. I just hope there is somebody in there that can tell #69 what to do. I wonder if they move #75 over to RG and play him some there?

Reactions: 2atpsu and ftlpsu
while Mike Miranda may have only 2 starts (IDK, i didnt bother to verify your facts) this might actually be an upgrade. I think Mike Miranda is a better player then out starting RG, so now we will have a better player on the field all time as opposed to coming off the bench. I just hope there is somebody in there that can tell #69 what to do. I wonder if they move #75 over to RG and play him some there?

Menet has been arguable our best OL this year. In no way is this an upgrade, this is one of the worst injuries to have going into this game.

the #8 is playing the #2 and the fans of the #8 are throwing the towel in before the kickoff. I hope the team is stronger mentally, emotionally than the fans!

Go State!

"We are not human ... they do not have the tradition to hold our nuts"

Deon Butler prior to a big win in c bus.

I'm not sure I follow you sluggo. Miranda has primarily been a back up at both guard and center. While he may be better than our RG, he will not be playing there. Also, with him starting, the backup positions he held will be taken by others who are were running 3rd team and, presumably, of lesser quality. I don't doubt Miranda is a good player, but if he were better then Menet, or the others, he would be starting. I guess we'll know how this all works out in 24 hours.

the #8 is playing the #2 and the fans of the #8 are throwing the towel in before the kickoff. I hope the team is stronger mentally, emotionally than the fans!

Go State!

"We are not human ... they do not have the tradition to hold our nuts"

Deon Butler prior to a big win in c bus.

I think most here, including myself, are just looking at this game realistically. We are playing what many consider the best team in the country, on the road, and we will now apparently play without our starting center. No one is saying we cannot win. Upsets happen, but any objective look at this game tells you that we are in for a very difficult afternoon. The game must still be played. Let's hope most of us are wrong.

Look at this on the bright side. Now, if we lose, we can say this is why. Seriously, they need to knock Fields out of the game, and early.

Menet is being replaced by Mike Miranda. Will the officials be required to give the Miranda Warning to the OSU players before the kickoff? :confused:

John O'Neill to the PSU captains at the coin toss: "Anything you guys do on the OL will be held against you, and I'll call it. They'll have the right to reject the penalty. You're lucky just to be here."

I'd have to re-watch indy game, but i'm pretty sure i made a comment about menet getting injured on a play (shoulder?). Maybe someone knows better and can add to that.

Menet has been arguable our best OL this year. In no way is this an upgrade, this is one of the worst injuries to have going into this game.
you are correct, we could argue about that. We wont miss a beat. worse injuries to have? really what does our center do other than try to chase down a LBer.

John O'Neill to the PSU captains at the coin toss: "Anything you guys do on the OL will be held against you, and I'll call it. They'll have the right to reject the penalty. You're lucky just to be here."

This man is a dad. Believe me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT