ADVERTISEMENT

Micah Bowens in the portal for the second time

He didn’t have the ability to compete for the starting job at PSU. Nor at Oklahoma. Going forward he needs to pick a level he could start or play at. That would likely be FCS or Div II in my opinion. Or just move on with his life.

He didn’t have the ability to compete for the starting job at PSU. Nor at Oklahoma. Going forward he needs to pick a level he could start or play at. That would likely be FCS or Div II in my opinion. Or just move on with his life.
Yep, if he was my son I would be in his ear telling him to go to a school with a combination of his abiliity to play (and as you said that's not P5) and that has a graduate degree that will help him with his life's work to come. But some of those academic choices obviously depend on his PSU/OU academic record. Optimize as best he can for the long run, as it seems its not about NIL and the NFL for him.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Yep, if he was my son I would be in his ear telling him to go to a school with a combination of his abiliity to play (and as you said that's not P5) and that has a graduate degree that will help him with his life's work to come. But some of those academic choices obviously depend on his PSU/OU academic record. Optimize as best he can for the long run, as it seems its not about NIL and the NFL for him.
Yep.. FCS, he may only truly be 5’10”.

As a graduate transfer go to Vandy, Duke, UCLA, or similar get a great degree and carry a clipboard
I don’t think UCLA or Duke would waste a scholarship and probably not Vandy either. It’s good that he already has his degree. With three years of eligibility left he should have his PhD when he’s done. He should look Mountain West like UNLV or Nevada. Both teams had 10 losses so they’d take him.

The kid is no good. Had he not gone to Bishop Gorman we wouldn't have reached for him. Oklahoma was downright horrible last year and he couldn't get a snap.

He needs to look at D-2, and even then he wouldnt be sure to start.

I am not sure how you guys have come to your analysis, having never seen him play a snap in practice or game. I guess it is fun to bash 19-22 year olds.

Reactions: SoParkLion
I don’t think UCLA or Duke would waste a scholarship and probably not Vandy either. It’s good that he already has his degree. With three years of eligibility left he should have his PhD when he’s done. He should look Mountain West like UNLV or Nevada. Both teams had 10 losses so they’d take him.
I believe he could go for a second bachelor's degree rather than a graduate one and be eligible.

I am not sure how you guys have come to your analysis, having never seen him play a snap in practice or game. I guess it is fun to bash 19-22 year olds.
Oh my God, you are so right. How dare we talk poorly about a kid that graduated in 1997 and has yet to see the field. Shame on us. Can you send me the address to your safe space so I can feel ok about it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT