ADVERTISEMENT

Merry Christmas to Bill O'Brien!

back to back division champions. A shame he's on the hot seat and going to be fired at the end of the year...
back to back division champions. A shame he's on the hot seat and going to be fired at the end of the year...
He's living his dream and that's special. I'll always appreciate his leadership at a time Penn State had zero or less. To survive the sanctions without a losing season and be the Big Ten Champs today would not have been possible without him. And a Merry Christmas to his wife and family.

He's living his dream and that's special. I'll always appreciate his leadership at a time Penn State had zero or less. To survive the sanctions without a losing season and be the Big Ten Champs today would not have been possible without him. And a Merry Christmas to his wife and family.

The Big Ten championship would not have been possible without James Franklin.

James Franklin is our coach, not Bill O'Brien.

I've always had mixed feelings for Bill. I think he came in to a situation where few would. He also, without a doubt, made significant improvements on offense.

I do know that he told incoming recruits he would be at PSU through the sanctions. He did not honor that promise.

I also believe that defense might have become an afterthought at Penn State as his recruiting seemed to be sharply skewed offensively. John Butler was far too manic as a defensive coordinator.

So, I think I'm grateful to Bill, but I'm also glad he left. It was a win-win in my opinion.

Reactions: bytir
I like Obrien but let's not pretend he's only coach that could of got the job done. The offense took anice big step forward but the D took just as big of a step back.

Congrats to him and his NFL success.

Reactions: 21Guns
Yes, high and dry. Make an argument that says otherwise. I got facts, you got Bob and Neals' dry cleaning.

Scoreboard.

He helped keep the program from falling into an abyss. Whatever state he left it in was better than it would have been if not for him. Make an argument otherwise. (i'll also note your continued creepy obsession with me)

He helped keep the program from falling into an abyss. Whatever state he left it in was better than it would have been if not for him. Make an argument otherwise. (i'll also note your continued creepy obsession with me)

No coach keeps jack shit from falling into anything after leaving in two years. FRANKLIN saved the program. MAKE an argument otherwise.

And YOU came in with the attack, and the CREEPY attack at that, not me. You posted first.

How's it feel to have 400 posts and 300 of them directed to 3rd grade attacks on one poster?

Freak. Get off the board if you aren't going to contribute.

Never change Gunsie!!

There will never be another one like you (if there is a merciful God!)

Never change........
but that doesn't mean you have to pursue your idiocy with such fanaticism. :)

Ah......forget it - - - go ahead

Your delusional "F-tardicity" is far too rare a gift to keep under wraps

On occasion, when you are in the midst of your "see how stupid, oblivious, and wrong I can be" rants, even I am sometimes tempted to ask you

"WTF are you talking about?"...........

but I know that the likely answers would be utterly frightening - - - - and so I force myself to allow any inquisitiveness to pass by - unsatisfied :)

Let your freak flag fly - high and proud

Don't just "live in" your world of delusion - - - bring it out for all to see
Be proud.........be stupid....... be GUNSIE!!!!!!!!

Who loves ya' more than me?

NOBODY!!! That's who!

Wanna' Wrassle??

Last edited:
Never change Gunsie!!

There will never be another one like you (if there is a merciful God!)

Never change........
but that doesn't mean you have to pursue your idiocy with such fanaticism. :)

"Fanaticism"

Like doing research of people not even connected with the board of trustees, then stalking and lurking in the hallways, and going on insane, embarrassing rants, screaming to 3 or 4 65 year old women about shit that nobody even knows what the hell you're talking about?

Like that Barry?

No coach keeps jack shit from falling into anything after leaving in two years. FRANKLIN saved the program. MAKE an argument otherwise.

And YOU came in with the attack, and the CREEPY attack at that, not me. You posted first.

I just responded to the current thread. If you aren't smart enough to understand O'Brien's contribution and value to the program during his time here, then there's no point in engaging you further. Good day.

Good day.

08cc8be0132f411c46a308931558be2bcbc0dc50a97f9fb26d94e41ce7a69193.jpg

Reactions: 91Joe95
fu, you neurotic pos. woe is me. it's always someone picking on poor widdle gummie. exactly what did did your bs retort add to this page? you get responses like this because you make it so damned easy.

Reactions: bjf1991

Line 1 is opinion based on...well...who knows. And, with no disrespect to Coach Franklin, there is likely another coach somewhere in America who could have delivered a Big Ten title to PSU. Maybe Bill O'Brien.

Line 2, however, is fact.

And I send holiday good wishes to everybody !!!

Seriously? I'm a big fan of Coach Franklin but no sense trying to explain my point to you. No intention to slight a great job by the whole 2017 staff

I think Billy is half a POS and agree mostly with Guns. His offense was fine, his hiring of his buddy as DC in Butler was doing to bring the program into horrible times.

I also think the whole time he had a 2 year plan on leaving and recruited as such. He went after skill players who he could offensive plays out of with an o line that at the time was experienced when he was here. He knew he was screwed on offense after those two years.

I also think Allen Robinson did more for Billy's offense than anyone is willing to admit. A-Rob bailed him out a few times.

Everything happens for a reason, probably almost perfect guy for job at time and perfect guy to leave as well when he did. I can't get out of my head how bad that defense was his final year. It was disgusting.

Reactions: Gitzit and cigarowl
No one's talking politics. It's about brain matter. It you're agreeing with 21Guns then there is something wrong with you.

God bless, merry xmas. I'm glad you think something is wrong with me. Makes no matter to me. Anything PSU football worthy you want to discuss, cool. Other wise, god bless!

You obviously don't like Guns, a guy you never met. I never met him either, i don't think some of his opinions are that bad on here at times personally. He doesn't bother me like he does many others. Maybe because he has an opinion and thats fine with me. Like you. Wasting too much time talking about things that have zero matter in life or this board.

Reactions: 21Guns
fu, you neurotic pos. woe is me. it's always someone picking on poor widdle gummie. exactly what did did your bs retort add to this page? you get responses like this because you make it so damned easy.

Look who is calling someone "neurotic" lmao. A psycho stalker with 400 posts and more than 80 percent of them directed at ONE PERSON.

Freak. LMAO.

God bless, merry xmas. I'm glad you think something is wrong with me. Makes no matter to me. Anything PSU football worthy you want to discuss, cool. Other wise, god bless!

You obviously don't like Guns, a guy you never met. I never met him either, i don't think some of his opinions are that bad on here at times personally. He doesn't bother me like he does many others. Maybe because he has an opinion and thats fine with me. Like you. Wasting too much time talking about things that have zero matter in life or this board.

There are 4 of them: 8286, Barry Fenchak(has TWO handles because his other two are banned), Arts and Letters(an old guy who is a Villanova fan), and "Lockhavenlion" who has more than 80 percent of his posts directed at me, and adds nothing to the board.

If you notice closely, it's not "a lot" of people: It's the same four people, more or less, that explode into insane child like fits of rage every time I post. They are messed up people. This board is an excellent board, if you also notice, NOBODY ELSE ever "likes" their posts, other than each other. They're a joke.

Keep on posting amigo, and I have plenty of people on this board who agree with me, and discourse with me POLITIELY even if we disagree, Glov, Cowbell man, JPBucco, 81 B and W, fox chapel lion,even Judge and plenty of others.

Line 1 is opinion based on...well...who knows. And, with no disrespect to Coach Franklin, there is likely another coach somewhere in America who could have delivered a Big Ten title to PSU. Maybe Bill O'Brien.

Line 2, however, is fact.

And I send holiday good wishes to everybody !!!

Well, we'll never know. He left after two years with no warning. Saying it's "likely" is an opinion, and nothing more.

Well, we'll never know. He left after two years with no warning. Saying it's "likely" is an opinion, and nothing more.

The vast majority of coaches who leave, or are shown the door, depart with no warning. I don't believe PSU was ever a destination job for Coach O'Brien, it was a stepping stone toward the NFL. Anyone who believed otherwise was only fooling themselves.
Yes, saying "likely" makes it quite obvious I was stating opinion. It was never meant to be more than that. I'm no wordsmith, but I try not to declare something as fact that is really just my unconfirmed opinion. There are some who post here who have trouble with that concept.

The players that stayed are the ones who kept the program from sinking. I don't care who was coach he was blessed that they all stayed. Those kids will all be remembered for saving this program

First of all, anyone who didn't foresee O'Brien's departure just wasn't paying attention. Second, he was blindsided by the harshness of the sanctions, which the AD at the time allegedly assured him would be minimal. And third, no established coaches were lining up to take the job.

I'm no O'B apologist.....there were plenty of things, like under-recruiting the OL, that irritated me. Yes, he brought in some "questionable" coaches, but let's not forget OL coach and O'C of the last two years. However, like a previous poster stated, I'm glad he came - and left - when he did. I believe the confluence of O'B and Franklin years are what led to the situation we're in now. Which is a good one.

I hope Franklin and his staff stick around for a while. Knowing how the business works, though, I'll try not to lose my mind when he leaves, whether or not it's of his own volition. Right now I'm just enjoying the ride.

I have always wondered how Joyner found O Bruen-out of a bunch of other potential coaching candidates. I don't agree there were not other coaches who were interested in PSU job

I also wondered why O Brien came here. He was an NFL guy and always has been.

Last edited:
I concur 100%......If we could go back in time knowing what we know now....I still think he should get he job and do exactly what he did as that brought us to a place where we are on the precipice of returning to national prominence on a regular basis thanks the BOB and CJF! If OSU hires someone else its possible abd very likely they fail and set us back to a point that recovering would take a decade or more. CJF was not in the conversation when BOB was hired and he is who is really bringing the PSU nation back loud and clear and he would not likely be here withput BOB setting the table and then bolting. With all the crap we had to endure the admin woudl not have fired a coach for at least 5-6 years and probably more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT