ADVERTISEMENT

Mat-Town Open II and a Bunch of Other Stuff About Beer, Kerk and Other Wrestling Stuff!

PSU James

Dec 9, 2016
Are any Penn State wrestlers going? Just see a bunch of Lock Haven and Maryland guys so far.

Are any Penn State wrestlers going? Just see a bunch of Lock Haven and Maryland guys so far.

It takes place 13 days from now. That's decades, so to speak, before a college open.

As of today, wrestlers are registered from:

Lock Haven, Rider, UVA, George Mason

The Open also takes place on the same day as PSU's final home dual, senior day, etc., so there is that aded dynamic.

Nothing is ever certain until weigh ins at these Opens. It's quite possible that the PSU guys that elect to enter do not do officially register until sometime next week.

Reactions: PSU James
Tom.....wondering if it would help Brady and some of the guys to wrestle at Lock Haven and pick up seberal matches rather than wrestle against America

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
Tom.....wondering if it would help Brady and some of the guys to wrestle at Lock Haven and pick up seberal matches rather than wrestle against America
IMO need better entrants to consider it.

Registration is on Gimp: http://register.gimpsoftware.com/Reports/weightsCollege501.htm

So far 6 have registered: 2 from Lock Haven (Ross and Stephens) + 4 unheralded freshmen. As Tom said, registration can be later on -- but as of right now, the competition doesn't justify it. If they want to get him 3 matches in 2 hrs, that can be simulated in practice.

Think about risk-reward there with the proximity to B1Gs.
^^THIS^^
Wrestling conditioning, second to noggin health, is Brady's key.

Not that Cael calls my house to ask for ideas, but I have him make weight Friday and shark bait him for an hour. Wind down run.
Saturday AM, weight plus 1 shark bait for 20 minutes, run for 20, shark bait for 20 and run for 20.

See how he responds Sunday against American.

To get Berge to anything resembling elite conditioning is already a huge task, getting him there while safe guarding his cognitive tool is going to be hugely difficult.

Since Seberal was indeed the famous guard dog of the 3 inch binder or of Hades....I will not edit the post:cool:

Any news on which guys might still be going. I'd like to attend both the tournament and then go over for the match if time works out.

Reactions: dbldoofus
Matt Lee vs kinner will be interesting!

IMO need better entrants to consider it.

Registration is on Gimp: http://register.gimpsoftware.com/Reports/weightsCollege501.htm

So far 6 have registered: 2 from Lock Haven (Ross and Stephens) + 4 unheralded freshmen. As Tom said, registration can be later on -- but as of right now, the competition doesn't justify it. If they want to get him 3 matches in 2 hrs, that can be simulated in practice.

Reactions: danoftw

images

There's an embarrassing story behind the time my lil' bro and I made the trip to State College for B1Gs in '09 and split a couple cases of Schaefer (and Piels) . . . I'm not going to tell it, but let's just say that it was my last case of Schaefer.

There's an embarrassing story behind the time my lil' bro and I made the trip to State College for B1Gs in '09 and split a couple cases of Schaefer (and Piels) . . . I'm not going to tell it, but let's just say that it was my last case of Schaefer.

and hopefully Piels too :)

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Keep in mind, Schaefer put a big brewery up just outside of Allentown in the late 70s. Distributers could buy direct from Brewery.
Our go to six pack, when we were in high school was Gennessee Cream Ale.
In college, the cheap Keg parties, it was Iron City. Not saying I want to buy some, but is IC still available?

Wow...takes me back to my college days when we only had $5 and had to go that low in the good beer category!!
A few other losers were Black Label, Mickey’s Malt, and speaking of malt...Colt 45...so glad I no longer need to go there.

Reactions: manofsteel200
Wow...takes me back to my college days when we only had $5 and had to go that low in the good beer category!!
A few other losers were Black Label, Mickey’s Malt, and speaking of malt...Colt 45...so glad I no longer need to go there.
Esslinger Beer was $1.99/six pack at The Brewery in 1983. We would buy them with change found in the furniture.

Reactions: Ja1339
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT