Mat Scouts has Penn State at 170 Points

RBY - 1
Bartlett - 1
SVN - 2
Haines - 2
Starocci - 4
Brooks - 3
Kerkvliet - 3

They had 16 actually, between 3 point takedowns and having more guys there, I think that number goes up this year.
I think we have more guys "on a mission" this year. I wouldn't doubt if the guys had 100 percent bonus through the first round and most through the second.

I will grant you our guys are a year older and their bonus rates are up across the board, and the huge accelerator is the 3 point TD pulling majors within reach while hardly breaking a sweat.

Reactions: APSPSUwrestlingfan
I believe that is @Unbiased_football_fan with his wrestlesim program. Where you at Unbiased? Your country needs you.

I am here to serve! I was waiting until the seeds come out but I ran the base simulation with my guesses at seeds. The base simulation has PSU exceeding 170 13% of the time. Now because Cael can’t coach, Penn State usually does better than predicted so keep that in mind 😊

Penn State won 1000 out of 1000 realizations.

Iowa finished in 8th.

Two benchmark numbers I’m looking for to make that possible:

6 finalists
9 AA’s

Any higher makes it more likely. Looking for 20 team points after Round 1, 35 after Round 2, 85 after Round 3, 135 after Round 4. Stay close to or consistent to that pace, may just happen Saturday night! Gonna be fun.

I wonder how 97' Iowa does with today's scoring rules/portal/NIL
Go ahead and take a run at this. Would be a bit of work as your would need to count up all the takedowns and assess what the score was late 3rd period, and if it would warrant more late takedowns by the Iowa wrestlers to get add'l bonus points.

Good luck next week against all teams but 1. :)

Go ahead and take a run at this. Would be a bit of work as your would need to count up all the takedowns and assess what the score was late 3rd period, and if it would warrant more late takedowns by the Iowa wrestlers to get add'l bonus points.

Seems like a fool's errand. You can't just convert 25 year-old take-downs from 2 to 3 points and accept the resulting math as an accurate representation of what would have happened. For starters, the whole strategy of a match changes when a fundamental scoring change is made to the sport, causing wrestlers to follow a different gameplan, take different risks, etc.

reminisce-fond-memory.gif

I wonder how many points Pete Maravich would have scored with a 3-point line.

Nevermind. Dale Brown once charted all of his college shots and determined that with a 3-point line Pete would have averaged 57 points a game and put up a total points number that no one would ever touch. Does that cheapen anyone else's record?

Last edited:
If the boys can somehow not drop one on Thursday it's gonna be pretty cool!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT