ADVERTISEMENT

Masters Weekend

GregInPitt

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
USC
Lots of early fireworks with the course playing pretty soft.

Anyone else having troube rooting for the LIV players that seem to have abondoned their PGA fans......

Reactions: psu1969a
Lots of early fireworks with the course playing pretty soft.

Anyone else having troube rooting for the LIV players that seem to have abondoned their PGA fans......
LIV, PGA, XYZ who cares. The best over 4 days will win. I couldn't care less what league they are associated with.

Reactions: roswelllion
I like to watch the world’s best play golf. It is not my concern what one does for the betterment of themselves and their family’s situation. Life is too short…
Yes, what you're saying sounds great on paper but Sept 11, 2001 is still fresh in my mind. I choose who I support and root for based on their actions and morality. No way in hell I'd ever root for "bettering the game of golf" Mickelson. He's as phony as they come (so is Woods)

I don't believe LIV is putting any money into the Masters purse. It's about putting all the best golfers on a course and letting the balls fly, nothing more.
No, LIV golf isn't throwing money into the Master - just a ton of money into a few greedy players' pockets. No way will I ever back anything associated with anything Saudi

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
Shocked no one posted this. The iconic 13th hold has been lengthened by 30 yards. They bought the 9th fairway from the Augusta Country Club…..a completely different organization. Rumor is they paid $25 million for one fairway and had the additional expense of rebuilding the 13th.

Shocked no one posted this. The iconic 13th hold has been lengthened by 30 yards. They bought the 9th fairway from the Augusta Country Club…..a completely different organization. Rumor is they paid $25 million for one fairway and had the additional expense of rebuilding the 13th.

Expenses at the premier clubs are not a factor in decision making.

My brother was a member at Oakmont when they were reshaping the course back to links by removing most of the trees. One day you could play a round with the trees. Then play the next day and some trees were "gone". Impeccabe grass or whatever where the trees were the day before, as if the trees had been gone for 25 years. Just like the trees that fell yesterday at Augusta. Here today, gone by morning......

Expenses at the premier clubs are not a factor in decision making.

My brother was a member at Oakmont when they were reshaping the course back to links by removing most of the trees. One day you could play a round with the trees. Then play the next day and some trees were "gone". Impeccabe grass or whatever where the trees were the day before, as if the trees had been gone for 25 years. Just like the trees that fell yesterday at Augusta. Here today, gone by morning......
$25 mil, plus expenses, for less than ten acres seems a tad high. Just to add 30 yards or so.

$25 mil, plus expenses, for less than ten acres seems a tad high. Just to add 30 yards or so.
Oakmont, and Augusta, have no trouble meeting expenses to do whatever is necessary.

When there is a major expenditure that seems out of the ordinary to ordinary people, they discuss it and then one of their members usually just steps up and pays for it.

Like when the PGA had concerns that the bridge over the PA turnpike was too restictive during U.S. Open's. They quickly plan for a 2nd bridge, and a member or members just steps up and write check(s). I doubt that they advertise how they pay for it, or who really wrote the check, but that's how it usually works.

$25 million isn't much to a good many of the members at Augusta. Pretty simple.

I feel bad for the fans, especially from up north, that had Saturday tickets as their only ticket hoping for a nice Southern April day amongst the azaleas and Georgia pines and got cold and rainy conditions.

No, LIV golf isn't throwing money into the Master - just a ton of money into a few greedy players' pockets. No way will I ever back anything associated with anything Saudi
Hmmm. That means Ford, GM, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Domino's Starbucks, Snap, Pepsi, Facebook, Caterpillar, J.P. Morgan, Citibank, Morgan Stanley and the list goes on and on. I understand the criticism of the golfers because it was a pure money play, but so many U.S. Companies make that same decision daily, making it difficult to scrutinize.

Reactions: Texas Lion
Hmmm. That means Ford, GM, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Domino's Starbucks, Snap, Pepsi, Facebook, Caterpillar, J.P. Morgan, Citibank, Morgan Stanley and the list goes on and on. I understand the criticism of the golfers because it was a pure money play, but so many U.S. Companies make that same decision daily, making it difficult to scrutinize.
Not to mention Biden.

What are the chances that Rahm falls back and he and Mickleson end up in a playoff? How crazy will the announcers go?

Edit:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT