ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Perry

21Guns

Dec 10, 2013
Bellefonte
I hope that Cael and the staff makes clear the point of order next week at Nationals: What Perry did today was total bush league, and it damages the sport. Illinois should have had a team point deducted. At one point the lead official can even be heard telling Perry "You don't even have ANYTHING to challenge, WHAT are you challenging?"

I am NOT saying this was the reason for the outcome, I am saying that this cannot be allowed, it showed zero class and the officials were just as guilty for allowing him to do it.

I hope that Cael and the staff makes clear the point of order next week at Nationals: What Perry did today was total bush league, and it damages the sport. Illinois should have had a team point deducted. At one point the lead official can even be heard telling Perry "You don't even have ANYTHING to challenge, WHAT are you challenging?"

I am NOT saying this was the reason for the outcome, I am saying that this cannot be allowed, it showed zero class and the officials were just as guilty for allowing him to do it.
Yes that pissed me off...The only thing he was doing is giving Martinez a break cause he was gassing and Nolf had momentum too. He will continue to do that unless Cael and Casey makes the ref aware before the match...He is also teaching Martinez to slow down the match and grab ankles to get stall mates. It worked 3 times which would have been 6 points for Nolf.

Yes that pissed me off...The only thing he was doing is giving Martinez a break cause he was gassing and Nolf had momentum too. He will continue to do that unless Cael and Casey makes the ref aware before the match...He is also teaching Martinez to slow down the match and grab ankles to get stall mates. It worked 3 times which would have been 6 points for Nolf.

I can honestly say with Perry's bush league bullshit, that was the longest match I have ever seen in my life, there were literally 7 or 8 timeouts during the match, 3 or 4 of which were totally illegal and orchestrated by Perry.

Reactions: Ski
This very thing was discussed on FLR after Henson called for the locked hands review. It is what happens when sports decide to add video and stoppage. Everyone has a gripe at times.

Yeah that was pretty crappy. There was nothing he could've challenged and everyone knew it. Official should've given a bench warning and immediately got back to wrestling

This very thing was discussed on FLR after Henson called for the locked hands review. It is what happens when sports decide to add video and stoppage. Everyone has a gripe at times.
The point of the OP was that Perry never made a challenge and had nothing to challenge.

Yeah that was pretty crappy. There was nothing he could've challenged and everyone knew it. Official should've given a bench warning and immediately got back to wrestling
Perry knew what he was trying to do the whole time and got away with it...I am telling you if Cael does not tell the ref about it next time it will happen again....He has to say something before the match starts. I have seen other Coaches and it brings it to the refs attention right away...

Reactions: Ski
What time were weigh ins? I think IMar had enough time to rehydrate and for his body to recover in the period from weigh ins til match time. This is probably why he struggled in the semis, he still had to make weight and the gas tank was empty. With enough recovery time, he will be tough to beat, but he will also be vulnerable in early rounds at nationals.

What time were weigh ins? I think IMar had enough time to rehydrate and for his body to recover in the period from weigh ins til match time. This is probably why he struggled in the semis, he still had to make weight and the gas tank was empty. With enough recovery time, he will be tough to beat, but he will also be vulnerable in early rounds at nationals.
Jason would have beat him again if Perry would not have gotten him 3 breaks !!!!

I saw the idea that somehow Imar did a "rope a dope" and faked being tired in the earlier rounds, complete nonsense. Imar gassed all throughout the tournament...

The stoppages Perry got away with, changed the entire complexion of the match: Of course he didn't gas, Perry stopped the damn match 6 times, hhaha.

I also think J-No had the TD at the end of the 2nd Period - he was squarely behind I-Mar with two points of contact. TD is supposed to be immediate - anyone else think Nolf had the TD there?

I also think J-No had the TD at the end of the 2nd Period - he was squarely behind I-Mar with two points of contact. TD is supposed to be immediate - anyone else think Nolf had the TD there?

I think he had it also. In addition, Imar was saved by the buzzer on two different occasions with Nolf zeroing in on the takedown.

A whole lot of things needed to go the way they did for Imar to win...I think things look a whole lot different in 13 days, count on it. For one, I am 99 percent certain that Cael is going to have a heart to heart with whatever officiating crew works the match, no chance he allows Perry to run his bullshit in the Garden.

Nolf needs to finish his shots and keep his head from being compressed under Martinez's chest.

If he does those 2 things, Perry's nonsense won't come into play.

Nolf needs to finish his shots and keep his head from being compressed under Martinez's chest.

If he does those 2 things, Perry's nonsense won't come into play.

He had two takedowns basically in the bag, but lost on the re-grip, then on top of that, he was about 4 seconds away from finishing, when the buzzer sounded.

But yes, if Jason finishes, then Perry's crap is a non factor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT