ADVERTISEMENT

Manny Bowen might be getting second chance at PSU

Each situation is different, one cannot follow hard and fast rules. Only the coach knows all the details concerning this decision while we are having fun speculating.

Well you’re going to hate this board then. I’m with you, but these threads turn into a real $hit show. I just wanna ask questions, get intimation, and waste time but certain posters here ruin it.

The problem that some folks here have is people going beyond speculation and posting assertions on things they know nothing about. Franklin is going to have to do this, that must have happened, etc. The real shit show is when people assert facts not in evidence. When that happens, people are have a right to object to stop the shit show.

SHIT. SHOW. :eek:

Franco's brother Pete, perhaps? He did miss a season due to being academically ineligible.
I believe he may have been barely academically eligible but did not meet JoePa’s academic standards.

Manny’s childhood has been anything but easy. He’s had a challenged life since birth. My prayers are he can turn things around and use this experience for the good of his life. PSU fans should stand behind this young man and help him anyway possible.
What do you know about Manny's childhood?

Easy for me to say but he was obviously smart enough to graduate high school and he's had 2 years of supervision by the football and support staffs at PSU.

The problem that some folks here have is people going beyond speculation and posting assertions on things they know nothing about. Franklin is going to have to do this, that must have happened, etc. The real shit show is when people assert facts not in evidence. When that happens, people are have a right to object to stop the shit show.

SHIT. SHOW. :eek:

My response was in general and not specific to this post. I agree with you and when people do that they need called out, but I’ve seen post reasonable questions which reasulted in some posters ellicting some less than ideal responses. Not everyone has followed PSU for 30+ years, not everyone has played football, and not everyone carries a burning hatred for every football program other than PSU. So when people ask a question, are critical of an aspect of PSU, or talk about a different program some posters need to f’ing relax. Now if they are trolls, spewing nonsense, or come in disrespectful than by all means I encourage the harsh response.

Just my .02.

Reactions: psu2016
I can’t recall a previous situation at PSU where a guy was dismissed and allowed to return after a year off.
Bowen has a year available to do this, though.
This is all speculation on my part. JF is even more secretive about these things than Joe.
Wasn't Bobby Engram suspended for year for stealing a stereo, and the came back to finish a successful Penn State career? Also went on to a very good NFL career.

Would love to see him earn his way back and help the team and himself in the process. I have no idea what he’s done to find himself in this position but if the staff sets a path for him to regain his spot then I’m all for it. This unforgiving world we’ve come to live in with vigilante justice via inuendo and technology isn’t for me. Those closest to the situation, whether coaches or administrators will know best. That’s ok with me.

I believe he may have been barely academically eligible but did not meet JoePa’s academic standards.

Pete was a good dude. He came to a party one night at our house and we found him sleeping in the bath tub. Mellow dude, he was a ton of fun.

Reactions: Connorpozlee
This is very true. I love most of you guys, but the commentary here is largely from the upper middle class. The thread on prepaying property tax is a nice example. You schmucks with 10k+ per annum property taxes!
Most PSU grads are upper middle class but I have no idea what that has to do with $10k property taxes. You pay that much on a $250k house in NY. Schmucks? More like suckers.

Most PSU grads are upper middle class but I have no idea what that has to do with $10k property taxes. You pay that much on a $250k house in NY. Schmucks? More like suckers.

The point is that the property tax thread is not one that those in poverty (like the Bowen family for instance) can relate to. The actual figures involved are tertiary.

Remind me again what he did to be put in the doghouse?

I immediately thought of Engram when I saw 83's question. As I recall, Engram was dismissed from the team and worked his way back into Joe's good graces. During one of the games in '94, an announcer (Keith Jackson?) said that Engram worked at The Corner Room until he could rejoin the team.
Pat Daugherty the owner of The Tavern was like family and a mentor to Bobby Engram.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT