Man-bites-dog story: A Catholic Bishop grows a pair

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Archbishop Cordileone of San Francisco has decreed that the "catholic" queen of Dem-Media, Nancy Pelosi, can no longer receive Communion in his diocese because she subscribes to Dem-Media's unholy sacrament of abortion on demand...anytime...anywhere...for any reason...at any stage of pregnancy.

You might want to go into your backyard and scan the skies for pigs flying:

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Did he say anything about you screaming the F word at a kid during Mass?

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Jerry what would happen if she sends a family member up to the altar during communion to get the wafer for her and then eats it in the pew?

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Did he say anything about you screaming the F word at a kid during Mass?

No screaming involved. I simply turned around and quietly told three disrespectful teenage boys to "shut the f--k up." And then they left the premises.

They probably grew up and told stories about how their lives were changed forever when finally one adult told them the world didn't revolve around their bratty asses. In fact, they would likely send me thank-you cards if they could.

That's the problem with our country: too many kids like them and not enough grown-ups like me. Which is why the inmates run the asylum.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
I had a feeling that Jerry would be all over this story. Salvatore Cordileone is just his kind of prelate: Catholic and conservative as all get out. Which is ironic, given that he is the Archbishop of San Francisco, of all places. I think this sets up a very interesting conflict within the church, and it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Here is a link to an article I saw on the subject about 30 minutes ago:

In light of Cordileone's action, I was particularly interested in this excerpt from the above-linked article, concerning the Pope's stance on the issue:

"The Vatican last year warned U.S. bishops against a move to deny communion to President Joe Biden, a Catholic who supports abortion rights.

Pope Francis, the leader of the Church, in September strongly implied that bishops and priests should not deny communion to anyone.

'I have never refused the eucharist to anyone,' Francis said at the time.

'If we look at the history of the church, we will see that every time the bishops have not managed a problem as pastors, they have taken a political stance on a political problem,' the pope said.

'What must the pastor do?' Francis added. 'Be a pastor, don’t go condemning.' "

Dzapper

May 5, 2019
(Also posted on a similar thread.)

Apparently, Scott Wiener is an expert on the teachings of the Catholic Church AND somehow he thinks that the Archbishop is holding a civil position in the SF City government and can be removed from office for offenses against the Wokedom of SF. Interesting. Great self awareness there, Scotty. Of course, there is that whole separation of Church and State thing, but come on, man, this is for the Leftist cause. They don't need no stinkin Constitution to get in their way of doing good.....

Eleventh-District State Senator Scott Wiener was among the first public officials to come to Pelosi’s defense, and called for the archbishop to be removed.

“After supporting Prop 8 and refusing to get vaccinated, our right wing Archbishop is now attacking one of the most effective leaders in the history of our country, because she supports reproductive health and safe access to abortion. The Archbishop’s refusal to give communion to Speaker Pelosi is shameful. He is deeply out of step with San Francisco and should be removed.”

I wonder if the Leftie powers in Baghdad By The Bay will cancel the Archbishop. That would be some funny crap there. Of course, it may go the other way. Maybe the Bishop of Delaware will grow a pair and ban Senile Joe on the same grounds. Don't hold your breath on that one though. Joe and His Excellency are butt buddies. What's a little sin here or there when Joe puts a big check into the Christmas fund every year?

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
I had a feeling that Jerry would be all over this story. Salvatore Cordileone is just his kind of prelate: Catholic and conservative as all get out. Which is ironic, given that he is the Archbishop of San Francisco, of all places. I think this sets up a very interesting conflict within the church, and it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

In light of Cordileone's action, I was particularly interested in this excerpt from the above-linked article, concerning the Pope's stance on the issue:

"The Vatican last year warned U.S. bishops against a move to deny communion to President Joe Biden, a Catholic who supports abortion rights.

Pope Francis, the leader of the Church, in September strongly implied that bishops and priests should not deny communion to anyone.

'If we look at the history of the church, we will see that every time the bishops have not managed a problem as pastors, they have taken a political stance on a political problem,' the pope said.

Pope Libby will exert his power just like every lib does.

Dzapper

May 5, 2019
Pope Libby will exert his power just like every lib does.
Wasn't this commie pope a big promoter of "liberation theology"? Now, he warns his priests to stay out of politics? hmmmm

I have to smh at what these two octogenarians have done in the short time they have been in office. One has brought a two thousand year old religion to its knees and the other has nearly destroyed a Constitutional Republic that has endured pandemics, depressions and numerous wars (including a civil war) and still stood tall until he and the Squad and his other Leftie friends/puppeteers took office.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Wasn't this commie pope a big promoter of "liberation theology"? Now, he warns his priests to stay out of politics? hmmmm

I have to smh at what these two octogenarians have done in the short time they have been in office. One has brought a two thousand year old religion to its knees and the other has nearly destroyed a Constitutional Republic that has endured pandemics, depressions and numerous wars (including a civil war) and still stood tall until he and the Squad and his other Leftie friends/puppeteers took office.

He's a liberal. He has his own rules.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

kickerinaz

Sep 3, 2016
Here's one for you Jerry ..........

Don't ask me to go into details of what I know about the catholic church in Philadelphia area and cardinal krol and the priests he defended . In the name of jesus many bad things have / and are being done. I ask that you wake up , but know that isn't possible because you are set in your mind. I for one am tired of this having to be a christian nation first .

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
He's a liberal. He has his own rules.
I’m a Lutheran IDGAF about what the Catholic Church does.
Their ship on morality sailed with institutional tolerance of CSA. The commie ideology is the least of their problems . The infection has been spreading internally for a few generations now.

Reactions: bison13 and m.knox

kickerinaz

Sep 3, 2016
It is a nation of laws first, last and always. That is until democrats come into control for a brief period.
Sometimes you just don't make any sense . Your trump and the right wingers are trying as we speak to theocratize america as we speak . Like trump didn't order any abortions when he was a playboy ....haha. Your all suckers . He knew best way to win was get the wacko religious right vote. Fact . Rule of law pfft ....look at how biased the right wing court is now. An embarrassment and they the SCOTUS know it .

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Sometimes you just don't make any sense . Your trump and the right wingers are trying as we speak to theocratize america as we speak . Like trump didn't order any abortions when he was a playboy ....haha. Your all suckers . He knew best way to win was get the wacko religious right vote. Fact . Rule of law pfft ....look at how biased the right wing court is now. An embarrassment and they the SCOTUS know it .

Man, that is a hell of a conspiracy theory you have going there.....

Rule of law, yes. As it should be. Evidently you think we shouldn't be governed by the rule of law.

Elections have consequences. You clowns lost in 2016. Get over it.

kickerinaz

Sep 3, 2016
Man, that is a hell of a conspiracy theory you have going there.....

Rule of law, yes. As it should be. Evidently you think we shouldn't be governed by the rule of law.

Elections have consequences. You clowns lost in 2016. Get over it.

It's hard to reason with a guy that far gone in the Fever Swamp.
Geebs .......... again you are making no sense : allowing religion to trump law. No separation of church and state for yinz. No surprise with Jerry . You ? And Jerry how do you feel about what your Catholic institution has been the cause of over the years and years and years .....?

Jerry

May 29, 2001

Haha! Right. Pope Judas is happy to bestow his trademark mercy on everyone to include Christian-hating Chicoms, baby-killing Dem-Mediacrats, the Gospel-rejecting powers of the world. But not faithful, persecuted Catholics because they're, like, rigid and all.

This is why the powers of the World and their media tools have covered for him at every turn as he's protected and promoted abusers while presiding over historic corruption at the Vatican. They know what an invaluable asset he's become to them...removing from the fight the one global institution with the reach and resources to stand against them.

So a Joke Pope for Joke Catholics. They can have him. I worship God, not the Pope. He has one job: to preserve, defend, and transmit the timeless teaching of the Church. If he refuses to do that, I owe him nothing.

kickerinaz

Sep 3, 2016
Jerry you really are going off the end . I had a worker whom constantly extolled his persecution as a catholic everyone got tired of it because we just wanted him to see something from our eyes instead of his, he moved away . Shame I liked him except for his boo hoo ways . Isn't that what that religion is about anyways ? All the nuns told me suffering was Jesus's way . Sack up .

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Geebs .......... again you are making no sense : allowing religion to trump law. No separation of church and state for yinz. No surprise with Jerry . You ? And Jerry how do you feel about what your Catholic institution has been the cause of over the years and years and years .....?

Seriously. Are you making a point?

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
I actually have very mixed feelings about this. On the one hand Cordileone is doctrinally right on the assumed facts.

but…

denying the sacrament of the Eucharist is a huge deal, and particularly via this sort of blanket public statement which really does not sit right. Among other things, it effectively assumes there is no confession/repentance of sin, which a priest ptoviding the sacrament may not actually be in a position to know. Now is that likely to have occurred in her case? No, but at the end of the day there’s no way to know.

Reactions: Hotshoe

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
They put wafer in your hand. Someone could easily take it and give it to Nancy.
Nj, it doesn’t work that way. You consume it when you receive it. They pay attention for just this sort of reason (actually worse ones)

nitanee123

Nov 27, 2001
I’d argue that (per the linked article) Pelusi was told to publicly repudiate her pro-abortion stance. If she was instructed to do so during confession (and it is well known and obvious that she hasn’t repudiated her position) then the Bishop knows she is not in a state of grace. Accordingly she should be denied communion.

Now whether the Bishop should have publicly stated this is another issue.

Reactions: dailybuck777

Dzapper

May 5, 2019
How about that for all catholics whom support the church and the egregious institutionalized pedophilia that I was a victim to? EABOD's your righteousness . Can't bring yourself to can you ?
I am sorry to hear that happened to you. No one should ever experience such a thing. Have you sought any help in dealing with it?

I can see your resentment as to the Catholics who now try to minimize or even deny it was (and is?) a huge problem. I'm not excusing them, but there were also many (most?) life long devout Catholics (good people) who were too brainwashed (like all religions do to some extent as a control mechanism) to admit what should have been obvious to them. They didn't support it or tolerate it as much as they turned their minds off from thinking about it because they were "taught" that it was wrong to ever think anything bad about the clergy. That was so sick.....victimizing kids and making them (and their families) feel guilty about accusing/exposing their abusers.

Last edited:

Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008
I am sorry to hear that happened to you. No one should ever experience such a thing. Have you sought any help in dealing with it?

You may want to read his posting history before believing him. He's been known to embellish.

kickerinaz

Sep 3, 2016

I can see your resentment as to the Catholics who now try to minimize or even deny it was (and is?) a huge problem. I'm not excusing them, but there were also many (most?) life long devout Catholics (good people) who were too brainwashed (like all religions do to some extent as a control mechanism) to admit what should have been obvious to them. They didn't support it or tolerate it as much as they turned their minds off from thinking about it because they were "taught" that it was wrong to ever think anything bad about the clergy. That was so sick.....victimizing kids and making them (and their families) feel guilty about accusing/exposing their abusers.
Survive . Did that a long time ago and am lucky for that . No worries for me mate . Not everyone is .

Reactions: jjw165

kickerinaz

Sep 3, 2016
Uhh no dumbo . I don't post on any other boards. Before you make s#!t up , think about it and don't be a fool.