ADVERTISEMENT

Lubrano post on Facebook

Amazes me that there are still posters here who WANTED these guys to go to trial as if it was the key to some secret lock. Easy to say when it isn't YOUR life on hold for 4 years and YOUR future possibly in the hands of a corrupt OAG and a brainwashed jury.
People looking for the truth were never going to find it in any trial. Dropping of the charges is a good thing, for good people.

This leads to the follow up question, who put Baldwin up to it? Why would she go along? Damn, this is some ugly stuff here.

Wish I had the specifics. But as a former Trustee she must have known that there were "skeletons" that needed to be left unearthed. It only makes sense that at this time and place it was determined that PSU needed its first outside general counsel. AND it would be a Trustee.
It wasn't a coincidence that Joyner was named AD to spread fear in the athletic department while the Freeh Inquisition was unleased.

as expected, PantherPiss-lair shows off their legal acumen and logical genius, complaining that C/S/S got off on a technicality

and in probably the most dimwitted comment on today's events, we get this gem:

"So it's not that they're innocent, it's that the wrong person ratted them out."

**standing up to do a slow clap**

you just don't find that level of stupid anywhere else.

as expected, PantherPiss-lair shows off their legal acumen and logical genius, complaining that C/S/S got off on a technicality

and in probably the most dimwitted comment on today's events, we get this gem:

"So it's not that they're innocent, it's that the wrong person ratted them out."

**standing up to do a slow clap**

you just don't find that level of stupid anywhere else.

Let's not jump to conclusions. I haven't seen CR's comments yet.

Until Curley is completely out, he will still not talk and until he does, I suspect the University will continue to delay honoring Joe. Curley was the one who talked to JS and Joe and Spanier. He is still the key guy in getting everything out in the open.

Reactions: Ski
As a few others have said, it's a good day for C/S/S but not a good day for Penn State's reputation or for those seeking "The Truth." The national media and the public are no longer interested in the Scandal and no one outside Penn State (maybe few outside this message board) will pay attention to these or future exonerations of C/S/S unless there is a trial and the charges are decisively dropped based on a clear lack of evidence.

As to Baldwin, however much she screwed her representation up, intentionally or not, there remains the question of what she actually told the Grand Jury about Spanier's involvement. What was the substance of that testimony? Will we ever know?

Perhaps someday, once the legal jeopardies are cleared away, Curley, Schultz or Spanier will produce books about their side of the story. (I'd be surprised if at least one of the three is not nearly finished with a manuscript.) Those books will be worth reading for most of us. But they will be telling their sides of the story, and then how can we be sure that one or more are not skilled liars.

Last edited:
As to Baldwin, however much she screwed her representation up, intentionally or not, there remains the question of what she actually told the Grand Jury about Spanier's involvement. What was the substance of that testimony? Will we ever know?

You are mistaken if you think that there is anything more to Baldwin's testimony than what we already know.

Reactions: Mixolydian
You are mistaken if you think that there is anything more to Baldwin's testimony than what we already know.

Oh he's "mistaken" alright. Too funny his bull$hit insinuation about "skilled liars".....the only "skilled liars" are his corrupt Ivory Tower jackoffs and their corrupt masters on the Executive Committee of the BOT.

Oh, it gets better than that, Fina was there with Feudale when he sent Spanier out of the room and then asked Baldwin who she represented. When she said PSU, Feudale sent her into the gj room, even though she wasn't allowed. Was that to fool Spanier? Then, Fina, knowing Baldwin doesn't represent Spanier, asks him who his lawyer is, knowing its not her. When Spanier says Baldwin, neither he or Baldwin correct him, and they continue asking him questions. Then you find out Fina and Feudale are buddies. I can't help but wonder if they pulled the same stunt on Curley and Schultz. Based on what I've heard from Towney, I have little doubt Fina encouraged MM on how to testify.
Was there anyone else in the room when Spanier left? Would love to hear a recording of that conversation.

As a few others have said, it's a good day for C/S/S but not a good day for Penn State's reputation or for those seeking "The Truth." The national media and the public are no longer interested in the Scandal and no one outside Penn State (maybe few outside this message board) will pay attention to these or future exonerations of C/S/S unless there is a trial and the charges are decisively dropped based on a clear lack of evidence.

Perhaps someday, once the legal jeopardies are cleared away, Curley, Schultz or Spanier will produce books about their side of the story. (I'd be surprised if at least one of the three is not nearly finished with a manuscript.) Those books will be worth reading for most of us. But they will be their sides of the story, and then how can we be sure that one or more are not skilled liars.

http://www.dauphincounty.org/govern...3 - Exhibits of Pre-Trial Proceedings (1).pdf

Baldwin's 10/26/2012 GJ testimony starts on page 126. A grand jury session 4 days before starts on page 114 and is worth reading - not really testimony, just lawyers talking about Baldwin testifying in a few days.

FWIW, Baldwin is not a skilled liar:

And didn't she down play the whole thing and tell them they didn't have to prepare or review notes etc? Pretty much led to a gun fight without guns.
Also, if I recall the story correctly, Baldwin was incredulous about Joe hiring another attorney to accompany him during his GJ testimony. Maybe she was personally offended and took it as Joe not seeing her as being good enough. If that was the case Joe was very insightful. Maybe Baldwin was mad since Joe would be able to avoid the trap she was setting for him. Baldwin's lame claim of being an attorney for the university there to monitor the proceedings during the C/S/S testimony was obviously ridiculous especially in light of today's court decision. If that was true, why wasn't she present for Joe's testimony? I'm happy a court in PA finally chose to make a decision.

Also, if I recall the story correctly, Baldwin was incredulous about Joe hiring another attorney to accompany him during his GJ testimony. Maybe she was personally offended and took it as Joe not seeing her as being good enough. If that was the case Joe was very insightful. Maybe Baldwin was mad since Joe would be able to avoid the trap she was setting for him. Baldwin's lame claim of being an attorney for the university there to monitor the proceedings during the C/S/S testimony was obviously ridiculous especially in light of today's court decision. If that was true, why wasn't she present for Joe's testimony? I'm happy a court in PA finally chose to make a decision.

Joe got his own attorney on the advice of his son. Having an attorney in the family was probably what saved him from Baldwin screwing him over along with C/S/S

It wasn't misconduct, it was completely intentional.
Unfortnately, you're probably right.

And no one responded to my earlier question of "Where in the hell is Cythia Baldwin".

Sometimes I think Ray Gricar is more likely to appear in a Pennsylvania courthouse than Cythia Baldwin. She's clearly trying to run away and trying to avoid all of this.

Unfortnately, you're probably right.

And no one responded to my earlier question of "Where in the hell is Cythia Baldwin".

Sometimes I think Ray Gricar is more likely to appear in a Pennsylvania courthouse than Cythia Baldwin. She's clearly trying to run away and trying to avoid all of this.
I'm told she moved to Africa

Perhaps someday, once the legal jeopardies are cleared away, Curley, Schultz or Spanier will produce books about their side of the story. (I'd be surprised if at least one of the three is not nearly finished with a manuscript.) Those books will be worth reading for most of us. But they will be their sides of the story, and then how can we be sure that one or more are not skilled liars.

Her testimony was basically "he lied to me" in reference to Spanier...that's it. And some stuff about the Schultz "secret" files, which we know now weren't secret at all...she had them.

"This just in...finally...Superior Court reversed decision of lower court! Some charges dropped and Baldwin's testimony before GJ inadmissible.

Once I have the rulings in hand I will post."

0:00

If conspiracy charges were dropped.... Wasn't Joe allegedly part of this conspiracy?

Was there anyone else in the room when Spanier left? Would love to hear a recording of that conversation.

There's a transcript. I don't know if that means there was a court reporter present or a recording that was then transcribed. The only people identified in the transcript were Fina, Feudale, Baldwin, and Spanier before he was sent out.

She reportedly has a home in the Turks & Caicos Islands. Maybe they'll take her passport so she'll be unable to avoid all the subpoenae which will be coming her way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marshall30

Oh.......Good......Lord

Reactions: rmb297
If conspiracy charges were dropped.... Wasn't Joe allegedly part of this conspiracy?

Don't you know he orchestrated the whole thing as the most powerful man in town?....

Joe's depth of deception must run really deep. This is now the first conspiracy in history where no one rolled over on anyone despite major incentive to do so, and the only eye witness was never told to shut his mouth.

Based on the decision and unlikely the other charges will stick, can the three amigos sue the state/commonwealth?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT