ADVERTISEMENT

Lubrano post on Facebook

Awesome news. Thanks to JimmyW for a link to the docket.

Charges of perjury, obstruction of justice, and conspiracy are quashed.

I guess FTR and EWOC are the remaining charges. I guess the state is still trying to go ex post facto on those... Amazing that of all the people to get charged with that its the admins and not anyone from CCCYS or TSM (JR and Heim). Smh

So what "evidence" remains against Spanier? Other than Freeh, who could testify against him....and you imagine that he would lick his chops to see Freeh in court.

yeah what else is left? endangering children or something like that...feel like its only a matter of time before they all get thrown out

First domino: PA court finally admits they don't have a case against S/S/C and drops most/all of charges. I actually want this one to go to trial in hopes of getting more of the TRUTH.

Second domino: NCAA seeing that the whole basis of their illegal sanctions was based on a lie (Freeh Report) will have to settle out of court and pay $$$ to the Paterno family.

Third domino: The alumni trustees finally get to read all of the Freeh information and find illegal activities involving the OG BOTs and turn the information over to the proper authorities. Frazer, Peetz, Surma, Garman, Eckel and the rest are charged.

A guy can hope!

Awesome news. Thanks to JimmyW for a link to the docket.

Charges of perjury, obstruction of justice, and conspiracy are quashed.

I guess FTR and EWOC are the remaining charges. I guess the state is still trying to go ex post facto on those...smh. Amazing that of all the people to get charged with that its the admins and not anyone from CCCYS ot TSM ( JR and Heim). Smh
Wow. This could be very important. Hard right now, without a detailed knowledge of the criminal procedures of PA to sort it all out, but the media will try to do so over the next few days, then we will find out the truth when some real lawyers familiar with the procedures and the constitutional dimension of all this, weigh in.

"This just in...finally...Superior Court reversed decision of lower court! Some charges dropped and Baldwin's testimony before GJ inadmissible.

Once I have the rulings in hand I will post."

0:00

Damage already done. Can't undo the "anchoring" so superbly done at the beginning of all this.

Wow. This could be very important. Hard right now, without a detailed knowledge of the criminal procedures of PA to sort it all out, but the media will try to do so over the next few days, then we will find out the truth when some real lawyers familiar with the procedures and the constitutional dimension of all this, weigh in.

No, I think we all need to wait for Cruising to tell us what to think.

Last edited:
So if only related to Baldwin testimony, the original charges from Nov 2011 still apply?

First domino: PA court finally admits they don't have a case against S/S/C and drops most/all of charges. I actually want this one to go to trial in hopes of getting more of the TRUTH.

Second domino: NCAA seeing that the whole basis of their illegal sanctions was based on a lie (Freeh Report) will have to settle out of court and pay $$$ to the Paterno family.

Third domino: The alumni trustees finally get to read all of the Freeh information and find illegal activities involving the OG BOTs and turn the information over to the proper authorities. Frazer, Peetz, Surma, Garman, Eckel and the rest are charged.

A guy can hope!

I'll be stunned if Paterno's settle out of court. This is about clearing Joe's name which will only happen in court. They don't care about the money.

This is exactly what will happen. I'm not sure this is super news for truth, justice, and the American way.

I don't actually "like" this--but I agree with this.

It will be spun as the PA system helping out PSU--even though the reverse is true.

So if only related to Baldwin testimony, the original charges from Nov 2011 still apply?
I don't know, Lundy, but I am guessing that is so. The only reason for the second indictment appears to have been because Curley and Schultz did not "flip" on Spanier like Fina expected them to. I think the prosecution knows the original indictments of Curley and Schultz are weak just in terms of the state of the law at the time of the crime. The big question is can the prosecution appeal to the Supreme Court?

Reactions: Ski
No, I think we all need to wait for Cruising to tell us what to think.

The-Killing-Joke.jpg

I still would love to hear the state's rationalization on the FTR and EWOC charges, now that the conspiracy charge is gone......how can they have a FTR when the one and only witness in 2001 refused to file an actual police report so they did the next best thing which was confront JS about his behavior, remove his guest privileges, and inform JR at TSM (the people with direct control over JS's access to kids and also who were required to look into any and all incidents and make a report to CYS if need be)??

The law at the time required the admins to do absolutely nothing and they went above and beyond that law by informing the director of JS's charity....JS didn't even work for PSU anymore for crying out loud...what the heck were some college admins supposed to do??

This is great news for the defendants and for PSU's reputation. But for all of those on here that said 'I want the truth no matter what' this is bad news

This is great news for the defendants and for PSU's reputation. But for all of those on here that said 'I want the truth no matter what' this is bad news
As the charges fade away the criminal defendants may yet get a chance to tell their story. They have been bottled up by the criminal charges for a long time now. If the charges all go, we will get what they have.

Dem, I had thought that there would be no way Baldwin's testimony could be permitted to be used. I mean, I watch enough detective shows to think that maybe I know enough to predict no way her testimony would have been allowed to be used. And yet it's taken all this time, and by an Appeals Court to boot. Am I missing something here?

Dem, I had thought that there would be no way Baldwin's testimony could be permitted to be used. I mean, I watch enough detective shows to think that maybe I know enough to predict no way her testimony would have been allowed to be used. And yet it's taken all this time, and by an Appeals Court to boot. Am I missing something here?
I would have thought so, too, but that was before I understood how thoroughly corrupt the OAG's office was. I am used to taking a prosecutor's word for the broad outlines, but I have learned these people are absolutely not worthy of any trust at all. We will just have to read the opinion. Seems like the court will say, "Hey, they SAID she was their attorney, and there would have been no other reason for her to be there."

As the charges fade away the criminal defendants may yet get a chance to tell their story. They have been bottled up by the criminal charges for a long time now. If the charges all go, we will get what they have.

That's true, but it wont be as powerful as being found not guilty

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT