ADVERTISEMENT

Lubrano On FaceBook, Apology.

Does Lubrano read it or does the chair read it with unanimous consent of the board speaking on behalf of the university?

Then what happens?

Does Lubrano read it or does the chair read it with unanimous consent of the board speaking on behalf of the university?

Then what happens?

Group hug.
grouphug.jpg

If Mary Beth is writing it then I think we can infer this is not a university or BOT sanctioned statement. If the BOT was going to do this certainly they would have their own person write it and for it to have meaning another member of the BOT would read it.

Reactions: Ski
Mary Beth Roman Schmidt is going to write a proposed apology from the BoT and Lubrano will read it at the next meeting 0n 9/16.
Much ado about nothing.

MB made a post soliciting "What would YOU like to see in an "apology" statement from the BOT?" post.....as a way to hear from folks as to what they felt was important.....not unlike any number of posts one might see on this or any other message board.

IIRC, A Lubrano later posted that if an "apology request" type statement was put together, he would read it at the BOT meeting.

That's it.

FWIW, and anyone who is interested could go over and read the comments/responses, here was my contribution:

Back on July 22 (coincidentally :) ) I put together my "apology" parameters that would be the MINIMUM requirements to "make it worth it". Here it is:

OK.......I have tried and tried to imagine ANY scenario that would justify the actions of July 22, 2016......

And - I think I came up with one:

IF, AND ONLY IF:

In addition to apologizing to the Paterno Family and standing clear and allowing THEM (and the football lettermen and any other relevant parties) to move forward with the measures that THEY felt were appropriate:

- Ira Lubert gave sworn, videotaped testimony...during which he admitted to - and documented - his fiduciary malfeasance and various criminal acts:

And

- Signed his plea agreement to accept 10-15 in the Federal Prison system, and reimbursement and punitive penalties of $2,000,000,000:

And

- He also supplied incontrovertible documentary evidence of scores of illegal insider deals:

- That Implicated Mark Dambly and others:

And

- In exchange for this information, Lubert asked to be named Board Chairman for a period of one week. To which the A9 complied:

- After which time, Lubert would walk out to the 50 yard line before the kickoff of Penn State's home opener....
And, one by one, every Penn Stater in attendance would walk up, and Lubert would kiss their butt - and then Lubert would bend over, and allow each of them to kick him in the testicles
And, when everyone was done. Lubert would turn himself over to the US Marshall for transport to a nice Federal Penitentiary - - with Dambly riding shotgun:

- If THAT is what went down.......I will begin issuing 1,000 "mea culpa"s a day to every member of the A9:

Short of that......inexcusable

If Mary Beth is writing it then I think we can infer this is not a university or BOT sanctioned statement. If the BOT was going to do this certainly they would have their own person write it and for it to have meaning another member of the BOT would read it.

I would be surprised also with pending lawsuits that the OGBOT would allow this, especially if the lawyers have not seen or approved this "apology".

What usually happens when he speaks is that Masser et al don't even look at him, and act as though the room is totally without any kind of auditory or visual stimulus occurring. If they act that way, forgive me if I don't perceive it as being heartfelt.

On the other hand, at least Erickson isn't the one apologizing for a change.

Much ado about nothing.

MB made a post soliciting "What would YOU like to see in an "apology" statement from the BOT?" post.....as a way to hear from folks as to what they felt was important.....not unlike any number of posts one might see on this or any other message board.

IIRC, A Lubrano later posted that if an "apology request" type statement was put together, he would read it at the BOT meeting.

That's it.

FWIW, and anyone who is interested could go over and read the comments/responses, here was my contribution:

Back on July 22 (coincidentally :) ) I put together my "apology" parameters that would be the MINIMUM requirements to "make it worth it". Here it is:

OK.......I have tried and tried to imagine ANY scenario that would justify the actions of July 22, 2016......

IF, AND ONLY IF:

In addition to apologizing to the Paterno Family and standing clear and allowing THEM (and the football lettermen and any other relevant parties) to move forward with the measures that THEY felt were appropriate:

- Ira Lubert gave sworn, videotaped testimony...during which he admitted to - and documented - his fiduciary malfeasance and various criminal acts:

And

- Signed his plea agreement to accept 10-15 in the Federal Prison system, and reimbursement and punitive penalties of $2,000,000,000:

And

- He also supplied incontrovertible documentary evidence of scores of illegal insider deals:

And

- In exchange for this information, Lubert asked to be named Board Chairman for a period of one week. To which the A9 complied:

- After which time, Lubert would walk out to the 50 yard line before the kickoff of Penn State's home opener....
And, one by one, every Penn Stater in attendance would walk up, and Lubert would kiss their butt - and then Lubert would bend over, and allow each of them to kick him in the testicles
And, when everyone was done. Lubert would turn himself over to the US Marshall for transport to a nice Federal Penitentiary - - with Dambly riding shotgun:

- If THAT is what went down.......I will begin issuing 1,000 "mea culpa"s a day to every member of the A9:

That clarifies it I guess

What usually happens when he speaks is that Masser et al don't even look at him, and act as though the room is totally without any kind of auditory or visual stimulus occurring. If they act that way, forgive me if I don't perceive it as being heartfelt.

LMAO......spot on

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
Much ado about nothing.

That's it.

IF, AND ONLY IF:

And

And

And

If that's the case and Lubrano is going to read said document before the BoT, he should have his head examined.

Reactions: nits74
I would be surprised also with pending lawsuits that the OGBOT would allow this, especially if the lawyers have not seen or approved this "apology".
Your inferring much more from the OP than what this really is - - - - read my earlier post

Yeah. My first reaction was: whatever.

Reactions: m.knox
I'm not sure what the issue here is. It sounds like Anthony is going to read a proposed apology with the idea that the entire bot accept it and issue it publicly. The old-guard bot has shown no interest in issuing an apology, so I gather Mary Beth and Anthony are trying to push them into it. If that is the case, I would say that it is unlikely to work, but I think it is a good idea to try. It also shows that Anthony is on the right side of the battle and is trying to get the healing process to move forward.

Of course, the alternative is that I. COULD. JUST. BE. OUTRAGED. :eek: and forget the possibility of Anthony doing anything to our benefit.

I'm not sure what the issue here is. It sounds like Anthony is going to read a proposed apology with the idea that the entire bot accept it and issue it publicly. The old-guard bot has shown no interest in issuing an apology, so I gather Mary Beth and Anthony are trying to push them into it. If that is the case, I would say that it is unlikely to work, but I think it is a good idea to try. It also shows that Anthony is on the right side of the battle and is trying to get the healing process to move forward.

Of course, the alternative is that I. COULD. JUST. BE. OUTRAGED. :eek: and forget the possibility of Anthony doing anything to our benefit.
Or it's seen as an exercise in turd polishing :eek:

Reactions: StinkStankStunk

FYI.... This was posted earlier in the thread... >>>This isn't an "announcement".....it was a message board "what if" post<<<

Reactions: StinkStankStunk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT