ADVERTISEMENT

Lorenzo Wrestling Complex

86PSUPaul

Aug 17, 2017
I was watching RBY’s video and it made me think, how good is our wrestling facilities. I believe that when Lorenzo opened it was state of the art, how long ago was that and how do we stack up now? I know the actual room is the best due to the talent in it, but what about the other areas? I know we don’t have a tunnel, but other than that, how do we stack up? Have others surpassed our facility? Do we need a dedicated dodgeball room?

I am just rambling now…. Looking for others comments.

I was watching RBY’s video and it made me think, how good is our wrestling facilities. I believe that when Lorenzo opened it was state of the art, how long ago was that and how do we stack up now? I know the actual room is the best due to the talent in it, but what about the other areas? I know we don’t have a tunnel, but other than that, how do we stack up? Have others surpassed our facility? Do we need a dedicated dodgeball room?

Minnesota, the tanners, and it would appear the pokes probably all have us beat at this point. Campbell has a great new room too. At least on the amenity and aesthetic fronts. Those are ephemeral titles to chase though.I prefer our titles and staff.

One thing is for certain: Whatever Cael demands, Kraft won't sleep until the request is fulfilled. Kraft clearly is going to do whatever it takes to keep Cael happy.

All that being said: This seems low on Cael's list of requests to Kraft, especially with everything else we have to offer. Cael seems to be getting whoever he wants even more so now (as other schools are getting better facilities). Cael even has been quoted before as saying (after we got those hydraulic tubs installed) that he doesn't want kids coming because of facilities. I think the long-term vision is an Olympic training facilities anyways for a few sports anyways.

Kraft's first month on the job said the first thing he wants to do is focus on NIL for wrestling.

I’m not sure that we need a new dedicated dodgeball room, but we could use more glass where Cael does his interviews, so that we have a better view of the dodgeball games.

We don’t have a damned tunnel…
boo hoo cry baby GIF

One thing is for certain: Whatever Cael demands, Kraft won't sleep until the request is fulfilled. Kraft clearly is going to do whatever it takes to keep Cael happy.

All that being said: This seems low on Cael's list of requests to Kraft, especially with everything else we have to offer. Cael seems to be getting whoever he wants even more so now (as other schools are getting better facilities). Cael even has been quoted before as saying (after we got those hydraulic tubs installed) that he doesn't want kids coming because of facilities. I think the long-term vision is an Olympic training facilities anyways for a few sports anyways.

Kraft's first month on the job said the first thing he wants to do is focus on NIL for wrestling.
You dump millions into a wrestling faculty to try and prove you are important and care about wrestling. It is a recruiting gimmick to attract good kids. PSU does not need that, so why invest in it. You need some mats, a place to lift, a sauna and ice tub, and trainers and coaches. All the bells and whistles do not improve your wrestling skills. PSU has the correct approach. IMHO

You dump millions into a wrestling faculty to try and prove you are important and care about wrestling. It is a recruiting gimmick to attract good kids. PSU does not need that, so why invest in it. You need some mats, a place to lift, a sauna and ice tub, and trainers and coaches. All the bells and whistles do not improve your wrestling skills. PSU has the correct approach. IMHO
100% agree. That was what PSU needed to do in 2006, not 2024.

Reactions: lookleft goright
I would like to reemphasize Lorenzo is still a fantastic facility.

But Cael's word for word quote on facilities from 2016 after Ira bought the team those awesome recovery tubs:

"There's a lot of nice facilities and facilities don't win national championships. I mean, it's your attitude. As blessed as we are, kids don't come here because we have a hot and cold tub. If they do they're probably not the right kids.''

It's not like the facilities are lacking. It's basically the difference in a 15 year old house and a brand new house.
In the brand new house nicer? Maybe. Does it really matter? No.

btw... It's the other people that live there that are the reason to come home every night.

You forgot tanning beds.

• Haha
Reactions: SlipperyPete12

Still one of the 3-5 best rooms in the country according to a lot of wrestlers from various teams I’ve spoken to

Reactions: SlipperyPete12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT