ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Marvin Harrison Jr is going pro.

A player of his draft status never was coming back; anybody who thought otherwise was fooling himself. If his goal is to play in the NFL, which obviously it is, it would've been totally nonsensical for him to return.
You mean he’s not going to delay his 2nd NFL contract by a year in order to do lucrative on-air spots for Columbus-area Ford dealers and Panera bread franchises next year?

A player of his draft status never was coming back; anybody who thought otherwise was fooling himself. If his goal is to play in the NFL, which obviously it is, it would've been totally nonsensical for him to return.
Yeah, I don't understand why anybody would think differently. I thought this was a forgone conclusion even during the season. He's a top 2 or 3 pick

Reactions: bison13
You mean he’s not going to delay his 2nd NFL contract by a year in order to do lucrative on-air spots for Columbus-area Ford dealers and Panera bread franchises next year?
You're fooling yourself if you think any of the major CF powers aren't paying players - and that includes PSU. CF hasn't been amateur for decades now.

I think you missed his point.

MHJ isn't coming back to OSU for NIL deals when in 3-5 years he potentially signs a big time NFL 2nd contract after making $30+ million on his rookie deal.
Got it. I've just accepted the fact that CF is no longer amateur (if it ever was).

I travel all of the B1G boards and I just think it gets old when I see fans trash other schools for paying players now - especially with the Portal and NIL in play. A perfect example is the Iowa boards trashing Nebraska over the "supposed" payout for QB Raiola. Just the way it is in CF today

Last edited:
Got it. I've just accepted the fact that CF is no longer amateur (if it ever was).

I travel all of the B1G boards and I just think it gets old when I see fans trash other schools for paying players now - especially with the Portal and NIL in play. A perfect example is the Iowa boards trashing Nebraska over the "supposed" payout for QB Raiola. Just the ay it is in CF today

Understand completely.

I think some just thought it was insane (even if apparently untrue) that MHJ was going to forgo the draft and make $20+ million by staying at OSU. At the end of the day, returning him doesn't fix their Michigan problem. He doesn't block, he doesn't tackle, he doesn't throw.

If a team has $20-25 million and the job is "beat Michigan", returning 1 WR is far from the top of the list. Even if he's the expected 1st non-QB to be drafted. He wasn't the problem and he, alone, isn't the solution.

Reactions: Westcoast24
You're fooling yourself if you think any of the major CF powers aren't paying players - and that includes PSU. CF hasn't been amateur for decades now.
@lazydave841 nailed it. I don’t care what crazy NIL numbers are thrown around. Without proof, I’m not going to believe minor league football (I.e. college) is going to put up numbers trumping what the NFL can provide a kid.

Understand completely.

I think some just thought it was insane (even if apparently untrue) that MHJ was going to forgo the draft and make $20+ million by staying at OSU. At the end of the day, returning him doesn't fix their Michigan problem. He doesn't block, he doesn't tackle, he doesn't throw.

If a team has $20-25 million and the job is "beat Michigan", returning 1 WR is far from the top of the list. Even if he's the expected 1st non-QB to be drafted. He wasn't the problem and he, alone, isn't the solution.
Yep, totally agree about Michigan being OSU's problem lately but if you ask their fans, it's Ryan Day and specifically getting too conservative in that game. They've lost 1 or 2 games a year - at worst - for what seems like forever now but lose to Michigan and the HC is in serious trouble.

I also read on Eleven Warriors that OSU has been CF most consistent team since the mid 1960s - having only 2 losing seasons in 60 years - one in the late 80s under John Cooper and the other in in that year under Luke Fickell (2010 or 2011?) when they went 6-7. They've blown 7or 8 legit NCs in that time by losing - choking away their last game of the year and most of them were against Michigan.

Also read that since the mid 1960s, only 2 OSU coaches have had trouble with Michigan - John Cooper and now Ryan Day - the only 2 non-Ohio native coaches since WW2. Woody Hayes, Tressel, Urban.........all Ohio guys. Think Day isn't in trouble if he loses to Michigan again next year? Think again as they'll have a lynching party in downtown Columbus after the game. That is one psychotic-loonie fan base

Yep, totally agree about Michigan being OSU's problem lately but if you ask their fans, it's Ryan Day and specifically getting too conservative in that game. They've lost 1 or 2 games a year - at worst - for what seems like forever now but lose to Michigan and the HC is in serious trouble.

I also read on Eleven Warriors that OSU has been CF most consistent team since the mid 1960s - having only 2 losing seasons in 60 years - one in the late 80s under John Cooper and the other in in that year under Luke Fickell (2010 or 2011?) when they went 6-7. They've blown 7or 8 legit NCs in that time by losing - choking away their last game of the year and most of them were against Michigan.

Also read that since the mid 1960s, only 2 OSU coaches have had trouble with Michigan - John Cooper and now Ryan Day - the only 2 non-Ohio native coaches since WW2. Woody Hayes, Tressel, Urban.........all Ohio guys. Think Day isn't in trouble if he loses to Michigan again next year? Think again as they'll have a lynching party in downtown Columbus after the game. That is one psychotic-loonie fan base
If they do damage in the playoff and get to at least the semis then a Mich loss will be somewhat lost in the shuffle. If not, who knows.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT