ADVERTISEMENT

Lockdown on Atherton

Sun 10/31/2021 3:47 PM

02PSU AlertU-P: Visit (armed robbery suspect still at large. remain alert avoided the area) (152 North Atherton Street) update.

Sun 10/31/2021 3:58 PM

01PSU AlertU-P: Armed Robbery suspect still at large, remain vigilant and avoid the area of 152 North Atherton Street

A search for an armed robbery suspect is unfolding in State College, a borough police lieutenant said Sunday. Officers were dispatched about 3 p.m. Sunday to the Fullington bus terminal at 152 N. Atherton St. Penn State issued two emergency alerts via Twitter, one of which said “Seek shelter. Secure doors. Be silent. Be still.” Officers were still searching for the suspect as of about 3:45 p.m. Borough police Lt. Todd Scholton declined to release information about the suspect, saying information was “limited.”

A bus station employee is being evaluated at Mount Nittany Medical Center. “He’s being checked out, I think, just from the stress of it,” Scholton said.

Residents were encouraged to remain sheltered until police tracked down the suspect, Scholton said.

U

Unless they've really erred or are lying, the person - white, black, yellow, green, or purple - is an armed roberry suspect.
I haven't seen one official release that it was an armed robbery, all I have seen is a person with a gun, which is legal in PA.

• Sad
Reactions: Lion8286
I haven't seen one official release that it was an armed robbery, all I have seen is a person with a gun, which is legal in PA.
It's in both the alert and news article I quoted in this thread. Maybe they aren't official but the police officer seems somewhat credible. Then again, maybe the employee who was shaken up just saw a gun and freaked. That's possible. Information is "limited." They guy might just be walking around with a firearm. Open carry without a license is de facto legal in PA, except for Philly and in certain vehicles. Of course, you're likely to draw attention to yourself if you're open carrying at the Bus Station in State College.

02PSU AlertU-P: Visit (armed robbery suspect still at large. remain alert avoided the area) (152 North Atherton Street) update.

A search for an armed robbery suspect is unfolding in State College, a borough police lieutenant said Sunday. Officers were dispatched about 3 p.m. Sunday to the Fullington bus terminal at 152 N. Atherton St. Penn State issued two emergency alerts via Twitter, one of which said “Seek shelter. Secure doors. Be silent. Be still.” Officers were still searching for the suspect as of about 3:45 p.m. Borough police Lt. Todd Scholton declined to release information about the suspect, saying information was “limited.”

A bus station employee is being evaluated at Mount Nittany Medical Center. “He’s being checked out, I think, just from the stress of it,” Scholton said.

Residents were encouraged to remain sheltered until police tracked down the suspect, Scholton said.

Last edited:
University Park Alerts
Sun 10/31/2021 5:28 PM
03PSU AlertU-P: All-Clear (There is no longer a known threat to the University community. No evidence the suspect is still in the area.).

It's in both the alert and news article I quoted in this thread. Maybe they aren't official but the police officer seems somewhat credible. Then again, maybe the employee who was shaken up just saw a gun and freaked. That's possible. Information is "limited." They guy might just be walking around with a firearm. Open carry without a license is de facto legal in PA, except for Philly and in certain vehicles. Of course, you're likely to draw attention to yourself if you're open carrying at the Bus Station in State College.

There are ways to sometimes tell what's up. Is the weapon holstered? Bad guys don't usually carry a gun in a holster .
Next , how are they acting ? Someone carrying normally act like any other person you'd run into . They're not trying to hide anything , obviously.

‘No evidence to believe the suspect is still in the area,’ State College police say of armed robbery BY BRET PALLOTTO UPDATED OCTOBER 31, 2021 5:47 PM

Police issued several safety alerts Sunday afternoon after an armed robbery was reported at the Fullington bus terminal in State College. A man entered 152 N. Atherton St. at about 2:50 p.m. Sunday, struck a worker with a pistol, stole money from the register and fled, police wrote in a news release. The man is Black with a black and gray beard, about 6 feet tall, about 230 pounds and about 30-40 years old, police wrote. He was last seen wearing a black sweatshirt that had white lettering, black pants and was wearing a black disposable mask.

“The surrounding area was thoroughly searched and there is no evidence to believe the suspect is still in the area,” police wrote about 5:10 p.m. Sunday. The worker was evaluated at Mount Nittany Medical Center for injuries that are not life-threatening, police wrote.

“He’s being checked out, I think, just from the stress of it,” borough police Lt. Todd Scholton told the Centre Daily Times. Soon after the robbery was reported, Penn State police issued two emergency alerts via Twitter, one of which said “Seek shelter. Secure doors. Be silent. Be still.” The alerts were required because the robbery occurred adjacent to campus, police later tweeted. Officers were still investigating as of about 5:30 p.m., but said there is no need to still shelter in place. Those with information were encouraged to call 814-234-7150, email police@statecollegepa.us or submit an anonymous tip online. Trick-or-treating will proceed as scheduled from 6-8 p.m. in the Centre Region, police said.

Are there any/many cameras in the area considering that the bus station is now almost surrounded by campus?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT