ADVERTISEMENT

LIVE FROM PEGULA... Saturday Night, Senior Night

PA_JOE

Sep 3, 2001
A big group of genuinely 10 good student athletes on their way out. they’re going out the door playing one of their most important regular season games in 4 years. Here’s hoping for the best for all of them. I get frustrated and critical during the game but none of these guys ever got in trouble outside the rink and they always represented well. Good on all of them. Let’s Go State!

Last edited:
Minnesota scores first on a tailor made rebound off of Jones mask. 1-0 Gophers just 3 minutes into the game. That puck could not have come out any more perfectly ugh.

A big group of genuinely 10 good student athletes on their way out. they’re going out the door playing one of their most important regular season games in 4 years. Here’s hoping for the best for all of them. I get frustrated and critical during the game but none of these guys ever got in trouble outside the rink and they always represented well. Good on all of them. Let’s Go State!

Out worked in the corners with a minute to go in the period and Jones left to fend for himself 2-0 Minnesota very late in the first period. Not good, not getting any contested pucks.

Yeah. That first goal was just a bad break. The D breakdown on second goal...unacceptable.

FYI.... shots and shots on goal do not win games. Scoring and defense do. That takes discipline, sacrifice and assists (team play) ... that Gadowski can't get that out of this group is incredible. Fire away boys. Flail!

Evan Barratt stuffs the juicy rebound home to cut it to 2-1with 7 and a half left in the second period. Let’s see if ole mo gets in our corner now. lot of hockey left.

FYI.... shots and shots on goal do not win games. Scoring and defense do. That takes discipline, sacrifice and assists (team play) ... that Gadowski can't get that out of this group is incredible. Fire away boys. Flail!

I’ve never understood the fascination with shots on goal. To me, it’s the most useless statistic in sports. What you say is 100% correct, including about Gadowski.

Fair enough on the SOG comment, but it usually does translate to some goals lol.

Yes.... as long as there is some form or team play and not a bunch of individuals just flailing away. God the lack of discipline and a any kind of plan..... it's appalling and the same old shit game after game after game.

You mean the same old shit that put them in first place? Hard to score if you don’t get your shot on goal. Overall I think the PSU offense is one of the leaders in the country.

Reactions: NittanyLionFan
keep being the cranky old coot ... 2 goals in less than 2 minutes and it is now 3-2 PSU!!!!! Make sure you keep scowling through the rest of your life and never enjoy the great moments when they happen. 10 minutes left to go but that was some serious senior leadership there!!

Way to go boys... way to go Guy, hold on to first place and go on a roll in the tourney while most of the rest of the conference watches.

WE ARE ... PENN STATE!!!!!

M
Yes.... as long as there is some form or team play and not a bunch of individuals just flailing away. God the lack of discipline and a any kind of plan..... it's appalling and the same old shit game after game after game.

keep being the cranky old coot ... 2 goals in less than 2 minutes and it is now 3-2 PSU!!!!! Make sure you keep scowling through the rest of your life and never enjoy the great moments when they happen. 10 minutes left to go but that was some serious senior leadership there!!

Way to go boys... way to go Guy, hold on to first place and go on a roll in the tourney while most of the rest of the conference watches.

M

M

They just made my point...... this is a senior ladened team.... Minnie is young... they tied yesterday and PSU played 4 minutes of team hockey tonight... Woo Phucking Hoo! I hope they have finally figured it out.

FINAL SCORE PSU 3-2!

Thank you seniors, thank you Guy for a great season that’s just getting started!!!

giphy.gif
They just made my point...... this is a senior ladened team.... Minnie is young... they tied yesterday and PSU played 4 minutes of team hockey tonight... Woo Phucking Hoo! I hope they have finally figured it out.
And yet somehow they won, incredible!

Yes... they really dominated the freshmen from Minne On home ice on senior night... I am glad they won. But no teams gets less scoring from more shots and more shots on goal than this team... and it is loaded with senior talent. BTW who has a better home ice than Gaddy..... and the boys. I hope they play like a team in the B1G tourney....

Unfortunately MSU is good for nothing and OSU scores two quick goals to win. Next weekend need Wisconsin to win one in reg vs OSU and need Michigan to win one in reg vs Minn. If both happen, #1 seed. If one happens, #2 seed. If neither happens, #3 seed.

https://i.imgflip.com/39d66t.jpg

39d66t.jpg

RudeDude and PaJoe you wouldn't happen to be lovers by any chance?

I dunno... you’re the one that’s “stepping out with Step”? Why don’t you make good on your promise and just step out. Hope things work out for the two of you though ...

Rip_E_2_Joe_PAWell-Known Member

A lot of us have had enough of the myopic losers here. Putrid. I'm stepping out with Step.

Last edited:
I’ve never understood the fascination with shots on goal. To me, it’s the most useless statistic in sports. What you say is 100% correct, including about Gadowski.

I envy your program in a good way. We used to be that team. Putting the puck on the net usually equals good things.

Congratulations to PSU!

Bill Murray is a closet Gopher fan.:D

Unfortunately MSU is good for nothing and OSU scores two quick goals to win. Next weekend need Wisconsin to win one in reg vs OSU and need Michigan to win one in reg vs Minn. If both happen, #1 seed. If one happens, #2 seed. If neither happens, #3 seed.

Congratulations to Penn State. Unfortunately I didn't get to see either game. I knew that it would be hard to win at Pegula. Not sure what to think about next week for my Gophers. Michigan won't be easy, but we are on home ice. Win lose or draw next week doesn't concern me as much as the conference tournament. I think that PSU will most likely be in the NCAA's no matter what, maybe need to win one game? I can't see my Gophers getting in without winning the BigTen tourney.

Either way, congratulations and good luck in the Tourney. Just not too much luck.;)

The drive home to Philly is always much more pleasant following a PSU win!

PxP guys mentioned that PSU would be a 1, 2 or 3 seed in the B1G tourney depending upon results next weekend. But... nightmare scenario... if OSU (vs Wisky), Minnesota (vs Michigan), and ND (vs MSU) all sweep, does that bump PSU to 4th in conference (ends up with tie with ND, but that series went 1-2-1-0)? Pretty unlikely (but they are all playing at home) and not much of a nightmare as the Lions are still playing in Pegula regardless, but against Michigan (another 1-2-1-0). Man... losing that extra point really hurts (but, the 5-point weekend is still impressive!!!).

What if - again unlikely - PSU, OSU, and Minnesota all tie at 41 points (meaning Wisky and Michigan get a SOW each and lose the other)? I think PSU get the nod there, even if only one ties. Would PSU be co-champs with the No. 1 seed?

Wisconsin was on fire this weekend and schooled ASU both nights (7-6 and 6-2)... hopefully they take some momentum into Columbus. That should help in the Pairwise as well. Not sure what happened to Michigan this weekend... swept at Yost by ND and probably lost home ice in the process.

Pretty much a lock for Allentown now? Go State!!!

Reactions: PA_JOE
Last edited:
PPM now showing a 100% chance for PSU to make the NCAAs (I assume that the extra decimal point means that there is less than a 0.1% chance that they would not make it)!!!

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/probabilityMatrix.php

...and, in case anyone is interested:

PWR / % Chance / % Chance Min Ranking
4 / 0.5% / 0.5%
5 / 3.0% / 3.5%
6 / 9.0% / 12.5%
7 / 20.0% / 32.5%
8 / 24.0% / 56.5%
9 / 24.0% / 80.5%
10 / 13.0% / 93.5%
11 / 5.0% / 98.5%
12 / 1.0% / 99.5%