ADVERTISEMENT

LIVE FROM PEGULA ..B10 opener

Evan Barratt puts one in on the power play for the 2-0 lead, just over 4 minutes left in the first period.
Very appropriate on Halloween night that an erie fog seems to be forming, disappearing and reappearing over the ice. Pretty cool!

Vs. WISCONSIN .. AND SAM STERNSCHEIN pokes one in from a scrum in front of the net 37 seconds in for the 1-0 lead before I got in my seat!

And the refs take it away as they call a ridiculous 2 penalties against 1 on what should have been an even trade off and Wisconsin scores on the power play with 5 seconds left in the period. 2-1.

chorus of boos as the refs skate off. absolutely awful.

Vs. WISCONSIN .. AND SAM STERNSCHEIN pokes one in from a scrum in front of the net 37 seconds in for the 1-0 lead before I got in my seat!

Last edited:
Dennis Smirnov buries the long rebound from the face off circle from his Russian comrade Pavlachev on the power play. 4-1 PSU as the Russian flag flies over the student section.

Evan Barratt puts one in on the power play for the 2-0 lead, just over 4 minutes left in the first period.
Very appropriate on Halloween night that an erie fog seems to be forming, disappearing and reappearing over the ice. Pretty cool!

How do you know that the fog rolled in all the way from Erie?

Dirty Dirty high elbow by one of the Badgers knocks Smirnov out and a mini brawl ensues. That guy needs suspended for the season - it was right in front of me and he came in with vicious intent.

Still 4-1 with 6 minutes to go and I think it’s about to get ugly.

Nate Sucese bats one out of the air into the net for the 5-1 lead on the 5 minute major power play followed immediately by Aarne Talvitie for the 6-1 lead. Sweep the leg , sweep the leg given that jackasses high elbow a few minutes ago.

Reactions: NittanyLionFan
Caught the end of the game on the tube after Halloween festivities for the kids. That Badger that took out Smirnov should be out tomorrow night. Typical Granato team. Gonna be chippy tomorrow night. Hope that the Lions can get the sweep, unlike last year (seemed to trade blowout wins). Given Wisconsin's sweep of Minnesota-Deluth last weekend, this won't hurt the eventual Pairwise ranking. :) Go State!!!

Reactions: hlstone
Dirty Dirty high elbow by one of the Badgers knocks Smirnov out and a mini brawl ensues. That guy needs suspended for the season - it was right in front of me and he came in with vicious intent.

He had just gotten out of the penalty box for interference, though that hit was reviewed. He had gone after Gratton’s head but luckily Gratton saw it coming and Ahcan didn’t connect. So back to back head hunting hits. He should get suspended for tomorrow night. If Granato has any class, he should sit the kid down for a night if the conference doesn’t.

Penn State played well tonight. Great effort by the entire team. Jones is playing great in goal. Just to echo what others have said, Wisconsin was dirty and frustrated. Can't wait to go back to the Pegula tomorrow night!

Still 4-1 with 6 minutes to go and I think it’s about to get ugly.

Was Smirnov literally knocked out or was he knocked out of the game?

He was down on the ice for a longgg time. He was right at the base of the boards so I couldn’t see him but he was down flat for 3-4 minutes before they helped him off.

Was Smirnov literally knocked out or was he knocked out of the game?

He was down on the ice for a longgg time. He was right at the base of the boards so I couldn’t see him but he was down flat for 3-4 minutes before they helped him off.

He seemed ok as he skated off, headed straight by the bench to the locker room. Based on the hit and the replays of the hit, surprised he looked ok as he headed off the ice.

He seemed ok as he skated off, headed straight by the bench to the locker room. Based on the hit and the replays of the hit, surprised he looked ok as he headed off the ice.

I wouldn’t say he was ok. Luckily he skated off on his own but you could tell on his face he wasn’t feeling good. Hopefully just in that moment and not something that will keep him out. Definitely hope the young man is not concussed.

That Penn State team that showed up and played Penn State Hockey for basically 60 minutes, that team is the one that can beat anyone in the country. If only they can find a way to bring that for every game, then it could be a special season.

I wouldn’t say he was ok. Luckily he skated off on his own but you could tell on his face he wasn’t feeling good. Hopefully just in that moment and not something that will keep him out. Definitely hope the young man is not concussed.

That Penn State team that showed up and played Penn State Hockey for basically 60 minutes, that team is the one that can beat anyone in the country. If only they can find a way to bring that for every game, then it could be a special season.
Agree with all of your points.

They did play that well last night. Wisconsin has a talented team, and Penn State - for the first time this year - took care of the puck in their own zone the entire game. If they hadn't, Wisconsin would have made them pay. That was the story of the game for me - along with Jones' continued outstanding play.

Reactions: BVSt.Paul and Ski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT