ADVERTISEMENT

LIVE: Franklin's Press Conference

Thanks...he is so prepared, so professional. He's also very courteous to the press covering the team. he takes a lot of time to review the questions in some detail.

He looked exhausted today. Lots of good information in that PC.

Side note.... I had to laugh to myself because before each question the person talking said "hey James/coach/etc. how you doing......" as if they cared how he was doing or if something had changed between questions. I know it's a verbal crutch and in my line of work where I'm interacting with people all day I try to never say "how are you doing" unless I really care or am ready for their answer. The other day I had a rough night with my 16 month old and the waitress at breakfast asked me how I was doing and I gave her the truth with a smile because I know she was not expecting my answer and was only ready for the typical canned answer.

Reactions: Obliviax

Side note.... I had to laugh to myself because before each question the person talking said "hey James/coach/etc. how you doing......" as if they cared how he was doing or if something had changed between questions. I know it's a verbal crutch and in my line of work where I'm interacting with people all day I try to never say "how are you doing" unless I really care or am ready for their answer. The other day I had a rough night with my 16 month old and the waitress at breakfast asked me how I was doing and I gave her the truth with a smile because I know she was not expecting my answer and was only ready for the typical canned answer.

Franklin scolds writers if they don't open with that. So.....not their fault.

Franklin scolds writers if they don't open with that. So.....not their fault.

Yes, JF often interrupts their question to ask them how they're doing. So the ones who have been around for any amount of time open by asking him how he's doing.

Much appreciated, Limestone and it was information packed.
grinning-smiley-002.gif

Iowa, Iowa, Iowa, Iowa! :D

I found it very interesting how JF talked about ways that they track players off the field, utilize data analytics, strategize non-conference scheduling, and collaborate with other PSU sports programs. It's not hard to see how he has been successful. He is well prepared, well spoken for, and always looking for ways to improve. An interesting case study....

I've never heard someone express that preconference games should be designed to help prepare the team for conference play. So it's good to play teams that run similar offenses to teams in the B1G East. So I would take it Pitt fits in that category -- a good game to get ready for Iowa or maybe NW. Sounds like in that respect he's not thrilled about playing GA State because they're a spread team and resources have to be spent preparing for that.

Also loved his answer re Blacknall, suggesting he is not in the doghouse, it's just been the way it shook out the first two weeks. And he's said the same about Hamilton in the past. Touches/targets driven by what the defense is doing and what's needed to score points. Not driven by trying to get certain players touches.

Last year my last grandparent passed and my cousins and I went out to eat at Bahama Breeze after the viewing. The super hot bubbly chick that was our server came up to the table and asked us what we were celebrating since we were all dressed up. I replied "death" and she broke down and began sobbing hysterically right in front of us. She felt awful lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT