ADVERTISEMENT

Football Lions Legacy Club inks multi year corporate deal (seven figures for NIL)

Richie O

Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
www.pennstate.rivals.com
"We are thrilled to announce a landmark multi-year corporate and philanthropic deal with @westshorehome and @MITERbrands that includes a seven-figure commitment for NIL opportunities for @PennStateFball players."

FtnAQkVaQAA6I2r

Glad to see this going to Lions Legacy Club over SWH. I just have more faith in the founders of LLC to do the right thing by maximizing the NIL earnings of the student-athletes. SWH seems fraught with opportunity for the founder's personal businesses to siphon off some the donations from fans for their own purposes.

Character matters and Mauti stood up for PSU football when seemingly no one else had the balls, certainly not the founder of SWH who was part of the fire Paterno and dole out millions of dollars to anyone with a claim BOT.

Figuring this is the reason our recruiting is on the upswing

We we’re probably able to match osu for Martin or get close enough joe would be losing his mind

Glad to see this going to Lions Legacy Club over SWH. I just have more faith in the founders of LLC to do the right thing by maximizing the NIL earnings of the student-athletes. SWH seems fraught with opportunity for the founder's personal businesses to siphon off some the donations from fans for their own purposes.

Character matters and Mauti stood up for PSU football when seemingly no one else had the balls, certainly not the founder of SWH who was part of the fire Paterno and dole out millions of dollars to anyone with a claim BOT.
Yes, we know you are President of the Mauti fan club. Once again he seems to only be putting in effort on the football side, which makes his basketball outburst look even worse.

Remember what happened with UF and their QB commit?

Promises were made but not delivered.

I would be cautious. This is not a deal with apple or Microsoft.

Yes, we know you are President of the Mauti fan club. Once again he seems to only be putting in effort on the football side, which makes his basketball outburst look even worse.
I guess you can deride me for recognizing that Mauti stood up for PSU as a young man with a lot to lose at a time when pretty much none of the adults did. I think it revealed his character and commitment to PSU. I don't know him personally so I am only observing. I know in comparison, the founder of SWH was part of the BOT that fired Paterno and shelled out millions upon millions without vetting the claimants just to hide their relationship with the second mile. So for me, trust in doing the right thing by PSU athletes is easier to give to Lions Legacy Club because their founders have a history of doing the right thing by PSU.

I do agree with you that Lions Legacy Club is football focused only and we need to also help basketball with NIL. There is a 3rd collective out there for PSU so maybe that is the way to go for some.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT