ADVERTISEMENT

Lion Logo Lights During Last Night's MBB Game

Woodpecker

May 29, 2001
This probably doesn't need a new thread but during last night's game, I noticed that during some of the timeouts, the arena would track spotlights with the Nittany Lion logo. But one time I noticed that they continued to do it while Tony Carr (I think) was shooting free throws. Nobody complained so I figured that it was no big deal but then they continued as OSU inbounded the ball and brought it upcourt. I was surprised that that was permitted. Is there no limit to what home teams can do during play (beyond cheerleaders using megaphones to yell at opponents)? Did anyone else notice it? Maybe I just dreamed it.

Reactions: Ski
This probably doesn't need a new thread but during last night's game, I noticed that during some of the timeouts, the arena would track spotlights with the Nittany Lion logo. But one time I noticed that they continued to do it while Tony Carr (I think) was shooting free throws. Nobody complained so I figured that it was no big deal but then they continued as OSU inbounded the ball and brought it upcourt. I was surprised that that was permitted. Is there no limit to what home teams can do during play (beyond cheerleaders using megaphones to yell at opponents)? Did anyone else notice it? Maybe I just dreamed it.
Didn't notice.

Saw that too. Can't believe that would be permitted. I believe it stopped just before he shot his first free throw after the break.

I noticed it and thought it was odd. I don’t like that when the game is playing.

I was there, didn't notice it.

They do it at hockey games too but only when the lights go down. If you want one for your house you can get one at Walmart in State College and use it in your den or on house. It actually is neat (for house)

I was yelling at my tv at the stupidity of flashing them during the PSU free throws. Once they continued through the OSU possession, I assumed someone goofed or hit the wrong button. They should have been off after the tv timeout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT