ADVERTISEMENT

Like clockwork and locusts, the Schiano hate comes to Buckeye Nation

TenerHallTerror

Oct 18, 2016
didn't take long for the mouth breather fan base of the Buckeyes to unite with the perpetually drunk fan base of Tennessee to blame everything on Schiano:

Ohio State keeps missing Playoffs because Schiano’s defense gets lit up by mediocre teams

Football is a team sport, but responsibility falls largely on the shoulders of OSU defensive coordinator Greg Schiano.

He’s been on the staff since 2016.

The Buckeyes rank 35th in defensive S&P+ this season, which isn’t exactly terrible, but certainly not up to par with the elite standards in Columbus. This is especially true considering the NFL talent that OSU has on defense, too.

Reactions: step.eng69
didn't take long for the mouth breather fan base of the Buckeyes to unite with the perpetually drunk fan base of Tennessee to blame everything on Schiano:

Ohio State keeps missing Playoffs because Schiano’s defense gets lit up by mediocre teams

Football is a team sport, but responsibility falls largely on the shoulders of OSU defensive coordinator Greg Schiano.

He’s been on the staff since 2016.

The Buckeyes rank 35th in defensive S&P+ this season, which isn’t exactly terrible, but certainly not up to par with the elite standards in Columbus. This is especially true considering the NFL talent that OSU has on defense, too.
Classic. Does it make sense to tell OSU fans, with the #67 overall defense, that OK has the #111 overall defense? Nah.

Since it’s unlikely they’ll find a better DC, I guess we should just hope they shoot themselves in the foot.

EDIT: these stats were from the NCAA stats, not the S&P+

Classic. Does it make sense to tell OSU fans, with the #67 overall defense, that OK has the #111 overall defense? Nah.

Since it’s unlikely they’ll find a better DC, I guess we should just hope they shoot themselves in the foot.

EDIT: these stats were from the NCAA stats, not the S&P+

here's an interesting stat based solely on how numbers work

OSU scored 20 points at Purdue. Purdue could have been held to 21 pts, and the Buckeyes still would have lost

Iowa scored 36 points at Purdue and lost

Purdue scored 44 points against Wisconsin and lost

Ohio State scored as many points at Purdue as Eastern Michigan

but yeah, let's blame Schiano. He's clearly why Tennessee finished dead last in their division

Reactions: JJTopp99 and BBrown
here's an interesting stat based solely on how numbers work

OSU scored 20 points at Purdue. Purdue could have been held to 21 pts, and the Buckeyes still would have lost

Iowa scored 36 points at Purdue and lost

Purdue scored 44 points against Wisconsin and lost

Ohio State scored as many points at Purdue as Eastern Michigan

but yeah, let's blame Schiano. He's clearly why Tennessee finished dead last in their division

LMAO. Tenn. is still trying justify, rationalize, hiring whomever they did over Schiano.
So how did that work out for them? LOL.

Tennessee is now looking at Hugh Freise as a potential OC, this from a fan base that did not want Schiano because of the PSU Scandal.... yeah I am not buying that story.

2382258833_e219ea9f0c_o.jpg

Lerlene and Junior are not happy with this year's Vols team.

One of these years Pry is going to take a head coaching job. I would love it if we brought back Schiano. That would be a coup for us.

I expect some harsh criticism of Larry Johnson Sr. in Columbus. Their D-Line was good but not as dominant as they were built up to be.

One of these years Pry is going to take a head coaching job. I would love it if we brought back Schiano. That would be a coup for us.
After reading the suckeye boards, I'm sure they'll help pack his bags and contribute to any travel expenses to get him to you.

Schiano is a significant downgrade from Pry. I think Franklin would be able to find someone better.

Reactions: bytir
As an tOSU fan the general consensus amongst us is all the defensive coaches other than LJ sr. need to go. If you think the dislike of Schiano is bad, read what the fans say about lb coach Bill Davis. The hope is Schiano lands a head coach job because Urban doesn't fire his friends. Chris Ash was a far better defensive coordinator and maybe he comes back next year after Rutgers fires him.

Reactions: dailybuck777
As an tOSU fan the general consensus amongst us is all the defensive coaches other than LJ sr. need to go. If you think the dislike of Schiano is bad, read what the fans say about lb coach Bill Davis. The hope is Schiano lands a head coach job because Urban doesn't fire his friends. Chris Ash was a far better defensive coordinator and maybe he comes back next year after Rutgers fires him.
Forget about Schiano, will urbz be back next year? He’s not the same coach he was even 5 years ago (likely due to his health).

The rumor is Urban will be stepping down after next year, with Ryan Day as coach in waiting. No one knows for sure. Urban was supposed to address his future after the B1G title game. Maybe an announcement will come this week.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
Such is life in a high profile coaching gig. I think getting the big $$$ will help someone tune out the noise.

I love the name Lerlene. It's so white trashy
2382258833_e219ea9f0c_o.jpg

Lerlene and Junior are not happy with this year's Vols team.[/QUOTE]

I will say this about Ash. Rutgers is terrible and has no playmakers on either side of the ball. But when Ash told his DC to go sit in the corner and took the defensive side in hand by himself, they were a hell of a lot better. I think he's just helpless as a HC, but defensively he absolutely seems to know what he's doing.

I'm not a big Schiano fan by any means, but it's obvious when Bosa got hurt that took a lot of steam out of OSU defense.

the loss of Bosa is being under estimated. that had a devastating impact on the tOSU locker room. tOSU lost the top DL player in the country and a team leader. he doesn't get hurt and we are not having this conversation.

OSU's defense was horrible this year. Against Oregon State, there were 2 very long runs in the 70 yard range, where the runner was essentially untouched. Against, Maryland, it was even worse and there were 2 long runs in the 80 yard range. Purdue had 2 runs over 40 yards. A Northwestern RB ran for about 70 yards. (Looked like he had 4.8 speed) Zach Boren of Lettermen Row (former OSU LB) has analyzed the awful play and pointed out that the LBs and DBs were running to the wrong places and weren't even being blocked.

Last year against Iowa and Oklahoma the LBs were embarrassed by the tight ends who were coming wide open. The LB coach Davis was the best man at Meyer's wedding and has the idea that he is helping the team by teaching the LBs to play all 3 spots when over the last 2 years they couldn't even play one spot.

Greg McIlroy watched an OSU practice this year and said he was extremely impressed by the elite athletes everywhere. Same for Fowler of Espn. The problem is not the talent, but the coaching. Here is Fowler quote:
Very. Very. Impressive physically. Elite athletes EVERYWHERE.
//twitter.com/cbfowler/status/1040024231340322821 (Left out https so as not to have whole twitter image take up space)

As an example of how bad the LB coaching has been, Jerome Baker wasn't even 2d team All Big Ten last year, and this year he is starting for the Dolphins. Other than Johnson on the DL, the OSU defensive coaching this year has been very poor.

Last edited:
clay is deluded enough to think that UT is as good of a job with as good of a pedigree as OSU. OSU will have their pick of coaches, it's pretty clear that UT didn't.

Tennessee is turning into Pitt south

completely delusional fan base who overestimates their talent, achievements, and potential based on "signature" wins

the loss of Bosa is being under estimated. that had a devastating impact on the tOSU locker room. tOSU lost the top DL player in the country and a team leader. he doesn't get hurt and we are not having this conversation.
The loss of Bosa was big, no doubt. But even his loss can't explain the total lack of LB and secondary play at OSU this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT