ADVERTISEMENT

Levi Haines Appreciation Thread

Psalm 1 guy

Nov 3, 2019
I saw this tweet by David Taylor regarding Levi and just wanted to highlight the tweet and Levi:

I really enjoy watching Levi compete. His obvious joy for the sport and his tenacity on the mat are awesome to watch. In my opinion his mental game is such a big part of his success. He is so calm out there. It is easy to forget he is only 18! I foresee continued greatness for him and I wish him the best going forward. Edit: Sorry @johnstownsteel, I see you had previously posted David's tweet in the social media thread

Last edited:
I saw this tweet by David Taylor regarding Levi and just wanted to highlight the tweet and Levi:

I really enjoy watching Levi compete. His obvious joy for the sport and his tenacity on the mat are awesome to watch. In my opinion his mental game is such a big part of his success. He is so calm out there. It is easy to forget he is only 18! I foresee continued greatness for him and I wish him the best going forward. Edit: Sorry @johnstownsteel, I see you had previously posted David's tweet in the social media thread
Dancing-Monkey.gif

Pipeline baby. Keep it flowing

Talk about improving every day. Incremental greatness is what we witnessed this season. All as a young true freshman to boot. What a pleasure it he as been this season. I think we are seeing the beginnings of what may be one of the best ever to don blue and white. My bowl of popcorn is already popped, salted and buttered for next season.

Loved what he did this season. And seems like a fine young man.

What's the speculation for next season? Does Levi stay at 157? Or go up to 165?

***note to add -- I see the discussion about this in the thread about the message from Ohio State board

Last edited:
Levi is the greatest thing from Biglerville/Upper Adams since Big Hill Cider was founded.

Levi is the greatest thing from Biglerville/Upper Adams since Big Hill Cider was founded.
Lived in Cumberland County, PA way back so I'm somewhat familiar with Adams County, but not the term "Upper Adams". I'm assuming that's north of Gettysburg? Different than other parts of the county?

Lived in Cumberland County, PA way back so I'm somewhat familiar with Adams County, but not the term "Upper Adams". I'm assuming that's north of Gettysburg? Different than other parts of the county?
"Upper Adams" is both a school district - Biglerville High School - and, occasionally, a term some of us apply to an area that includes both the Upper Adams school district and some of Bermudian Springs SD, especially from York Springs north. Basically the northern fruit-growing region of the county. Where the fun is.

To me, "Upper Adams County" is anything west of 15 and north of RT 234 for sure.

Reactions: royboy
Actually, now that I think about it, Big Hill Cider - which has amazing hard cider - is technically in Cumberland County, by a few hundred feet, although the Goodyear area of Cumberland "feels" like Adams County.

Reactions: royboy
I met Levi today at Blue White Game. He was signing autographs at baseball stadium entrance with other athletes. He was very personable. Really nice kid. I talked to him a few minutes when there was lull in the line. I asked him about working out with Jason and Zain. He said Zain is just brutal to wrestle. I told him I read the article about his father driving him to Penn State to workout. He said his father was his "hero". It was a great comment.
I would love to post a little more on conversation but probably it would be best not to.
Truly seemed like a great kid.

Last edited:
I met Levi today at Blue White Game signing autographs at baseball stadium with other athletes. He was very personable. Really nice kid. I talked to him a few minutes when there was lull in the line. I asked him about working out with Jason and Zain. He said Zain is just brutal to wrestle. I told him I read the article about his father driving him to Penn State to workout. He said his father was his "hero". It was a great comment.
I would love to post a little more on conversation but probably it would be best not to.
Truly seemed like a great kid.
trump-donald.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT