ADVERTISEMENT

Let's do away with high humidity.

What?
After all, she has an outstanding winning record in the biggest events season after season after season....
And I would be concerned about who else would be able to recreate the winning atmosphere she has built up over the decades.

I think she has created a hostile environment. Very turbulent. A stormy relationship, at best.

Reactions: Bob78
We had a lot of rain over the weekend, and come Sunday night, it was in the 50s with fog and 85% humidity. I'm sorry, but 85% humidity is too high and should be banned. It was stuffy in the house when I went to bed last night. A fan helped immensely, but rather than rely on a band-aid, we need to go to the source.

I say that humidity should have a ceiling of 60%. Penn State has a top-ranked meteorology department. Certainly they could devise a fix. Let's do it.
And let's get rid of mosquitoes while we're at it.

tc8zo.jpg

Reactions: step.eng69
It's back, and with a vengeance. This sucks. I went out last night at 10 p.m., and it was still steamy. More of the same this morning, of course with heavy thunderstorms.

I hate weather.

Reactions: nits74
The 70+ degree dewpoints that often occur in mid-summer are a bit much. But after living out west in Colorado - I DO miss the humidity of the east. Too dry here.
Exactly. This is why, with the exception of parts of Washington and Oregon, there is no way I could live out west.

Reactions: michnittlion
Move to Colorado, we're high and dry. No floods to worry about at our house at 6200 feet. Fantastic year around for getting outside and close to 300 days of year of sun.

Come visit here in Houston anytime you want. It’s the 3rd most humid major city in the US, slightly behind New Orleans and Jacksonville, FL.. But it’s the #1 most humid city early in the morning, averaging 89.7% humidity @ 6:00 am year round. There’s a reason they had the Astro-Dome all those years.

Come visit here in Houston anytime you want. It’s the 3rd most humid major city in the US, slightly behind New Orleans and Jacksonville, FL.. But it’s the #1 most humid city early in the morning, averaging 89.7% humidity @ 6:00 am year round. There’s a reason they had the Astro-Dome all those years.

I lived in Houston for three years as a kid. Gross in the summer.

Back around 2011, I went to Dallas on business and experienced an unusual summer heatwave. It was September, and the high was 116. It was so hot and the air was so heavy, it really hurt to leave the air conditioning to go outside. It was awful. The locals were complaining. I couldn't leave for home fast enough.

St. Louis has to be up there as well, at least in the summer.

Reactions: GulfCoastLion
It’s not the heat, it’s the stupidity.

Let’s all take a moment to acknowledge that Penn State has a moisture problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: psuro
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT