ADVERTISEMENT

Let's do away with high humidity.

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
We had a lot of rain over the weekend, and come Sunday night, it was in the 50s with fog and 85% humidity. I'm sorry, but 85% humidity is too high and should be banned. It was stuffy in the house when I went to bed last night. A fan helped immensely, but rather than rely on a band-aid, we need to go to the source.

I say that humidity should have a ceiling of 60%. Penn State has a top-ranked meteorology department. Certainly they could devise a fix. Let's do it.

Last edited:
We had a lot of rain over the weekend, and come Sunday night, it was in the 50s with fog and 85% humidity. I'm sorry, but 85% humidity is too high should be banned. It was stuffy in the house when I went to bed last night. A fan helped immensely, but rather than rely on a band-aid, we need to go to the source.

I say that humidity should have a ceiling of 60%. Penn State has a top-ranked meteorology department. Certainly they could devise a fix. Let's do it.
You need a hobby.

WD, I know (or at least hope) that your comment is TIC. Personally, I hope Bob keeps plowing full speed ahead. He's the one guy on this board that consistently makes me laugh (sometimes out loud). For that, I'm grateful, particularly in these somewhat troubled times!

Maybe the humidity thing? No good?

I believe you're on to something big here, Bob. And PSU needs to solve it to solve a pressing PSU issue:

Maybe the high humidity is part of Cochise's... errr.... Cokease's... errr... Cosqueeze's.... the women's basketball coach's issues with her apparent lethargy as a head coach. It can be stifling, even in winter, as you point out. (Plus she spends a lot of energy chewing the life out of that gum during each game, which does. not. help.)

This research should be one of the first steps as you kick off your hobby.

humidity-clipart-sensitivity-4.jpg

We had a lot of rain over the weekend, and come Sunday night, it was in the 50s with fog and 85% humidity. I'm sorry, but 85% humidity is too high should be banned. It was stuffy in the house when I went to bed last night. A fan helped immensely, but rather than rely on a band-aid, we need to go to the source.

I have two humidifiers running.

WD, I know (or at least hope) that your comment is TIC. Personally, I hope Bob keeps plowing full speed ahead. He's the one guy on this board that consistently makes me laugh (sometimes out loud). For that, I'm grateful, particularly in these somewhat troubled times!

Why, thank you.

Unfortunately, I have to remind folks that I don't have much stamina when I start plowing. :(

Reactions: step.eng69
I believe you're on to something big here, Bob. And PSU needs to solve it to solve a pressing PSU issue:

Maybe the high humidity is part of Cochise's... errr.... Cokease's... errr... Cosqueeze's.... the women's basketball coach's issues with her apparent lethargy as a head coach. It can be stifling, even in winter, as you point out. (Plus she spends a lot of energy chewing the life out of that gum during each game, which does. not. help.)

This research should be one of the first steps as you kick off your hobby.

What better selling point to fix the humidity than winning basketball games? ;)

That sucking sound you here is me trying to remove moisture out of the air in areas of high humidity. Then I'll blow it back to the regions of low humidity.

Sucking and blowing is the key to getting this off.

It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
- Tony Bruno (ex-radio personality in Philly)
He used to say this after reading a heat related illness story during one of those brutal NE US heat waves. 95 degrees 90% humidity.

After almost 2 months of delays due to work travel and scheduling conflicts, I finally had a whole house humidifier installed today. Perfect timing...

FIRE. MOTHER. NATURE. :eek:

What?
After all, she has an outstanding winning record in the biggest events season after season after season....
And I would be concerned about who else would be able to recreate the winning atmosphere she has built up over the decades.

Funny you should mention fire and humidity. As you know we had a lengthy ....I hesitate to say symposium, but that's what it was...on firewood and water's effect on it the other day in a separate thread.

Winter humidity is a boon to mankind. While heating our homes here in the Mid-Atlantic, we overdry the air inside our homes by raising its heat level to the point where it loses almost all its moisture content. The outside air has a great chance of retaining some humidity if it starts out very wet, before we heat it. Even so, this is the season of dried out sinuses and dry hacking coughs, and that is so because the moisture content of the air in our homes is too low, rather than too high.

Long story short, Bob, my boy, you should welcome humidity in the winter months, despise it as normal people do in the summer, and stop being such a weenie/crybaby/douche. Perhaps you should learn to use those tongs for something besides pleasuring yourself, and pick up some reading material on winter humidity before somebody has to come to wherever you live and slap some sense into you. Thank you.

Reactions: nits74
I also remind you that John Prine told us "Humidity built the snowman, sunshine brought him down."

Why, thank you.

Unfortunately, I have to remind folks that I don't have much stamina when I start plowing. :(
Winter humidity is a boon to mankind. While heating our homes here in the Mid-Atlantic, we overdry the air inside our homes by raising its heat level to the point where it loses almost all its moisture content. The outside air has a great chance of retaining some humidity if it starts out very wet, before we heat it. Even so, this is the season of dried out sinuses and dry hacking coughs, and that is so because the moisture content of the air in our homes is too low, rather than too high.
yEB5sY8.gif

If God intends to make me suffer during my life on earth, let it be in a t-shirt and shorts. I feel much more comfortable dressed that way rather than wearing several layers just to go out and shovel/plow. Besides, you don't have to shovel/plow humidity.

Penn State's "top-ranked meteorology department" is anchored by Michael Mann. Expect to be told that high humidity is your fault and you have to lower your thermostat and get rooftop solar panels or in about 5 years the humidity will be 100% round the clock every day of the year. Dr. Mann's brilliant theories prove that this will be the case. This one is called the Wet Hockey Stick Theory of Humidity.

ADVERTISEMENT