ADVERTISEMENT

Latest 'confused' Comcast statement

I was talking more along the lines of how Comcast doesn't even know if their own equipment is being used or not. But if you wanna talk about how they're getting "f**ked"... There are multiple streaming venues to watch all of the same channels that Comcast offers . If Comcast wants to compete ,maybe they should drop prices. How can they do that ? Maybe stop paying executives their outrageous salaries. The 2 top Comcast executives .. .One is worth 1.6 Billion.. ..The other makes around 50 million a year. No sympathy for Comcast from me.

Brian Roberts is worth $1.6bn because his family started Comcast ad he's a major shareholder. The total comp of the top execs at Comcast is a very small percentage of what it pays in carriage fees. There is considerably more room to cut costs, and thereby prices by dropping channels or reducing carriage fees.

This is your typical supplier/broadcaster tiff.

No it isn't. First, Brian Roberts is big-time pissed at Rupert Murdoch. Second, piss ant Eric Shanks got the Murdochs to bid high on sports media rights because he guaranteed that he could sell them at a profit. Now, it's time to put up.

Eventually, Comcast and Fox may settle. But keep in mind, that Comcast kept YES off for more than a year and there is a shitload more poison in this situation than there was in that one.

Reactions: PS4814
Yea as much as I dislike Comcast I have to agree with you. IMO its BTN and B1G arrogance.

Arrogance, yes. But not on the part of the Big Ten. As much as I detest Delany, he did his job. He got a great deal for his employers,

The arrogance is on the part of Eric Shanks, President of Fox Sports. He overpaid for his rights contracts and now he's got to sell them at a profit. And when you own as much of Comcast as Brian Roberts (and his family) does, it becomes much more apparent how much you're paying to someone else comes out of your pocket.

Reactions: BBrown
Comcast is paying for the band playing at my neighborhood block party tomorrow night (if it doesn’t rain). Stop by and introduce yourself to the grill master if you are nearby. They also bought all the food for our neighborhood pool opening party in May (just hot dogs and chips).

Comcast are GD idiots. I have Comcast Internet because it's the only thing that's available to me. Had their rent a router and then bought my own. Lost theirs but was still getting charged 12 bucks a month for the rental. So I was looking like hell all over the place for this f'n router so I could return it. Finally gave up about four months later.
Went into a Comcast store to let them know I lost it and they couldn't have cared less. Took it off my account on the spot. But if I would have never gone in.. ..Even though it's not hooked up, they'd still be charging me .

The good news is that they took the billing code off your account. The bad news is they generally won't remove the equipment serial from your account. This means that when you cancel, you'll get an absurdly high bill unless you can produce the equipment. I had this issue once and it was very difficult to get them to remove it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT