ADVERTISEMENT

Lasch update

He gave an interview recently that said the football program spends too much money and they need to reduce their expenses. He gave the impression he was worried PSU would attempt to cut some non-revenue sports. His solution was to reduce football spending and not cut any programs.

I said no such thing. My concern centers around the timing and funding source. With all of the uncertainties facing us we should wait a year. Plus, we’re depending on debt financing rather than philanthropy.

I said no such thing. My concern centers around the timing and funding source. With all of the uncertainties facing us we should wait a year. Plus, we’re depending on debt financing rather than philanthropy.

Can't argue with that.

Jay, in his comments, indicated that by the time PSU is done with all of the Lasch renovations it will have spent $105mm. Has any other school spent anywhere close to that? As a point of reference, Oregon spent $68mm (of Phil Knight's money).

Reactions: 91Joe95
Can't argue with that.

Jay, in his comments, indicated that by the time PSU is done with all of the Lasch renovations it will have spent $105mm. Has any other school spent anywhere close to that? As a point of reference, Oregon spent $68mm (of Phil Knight's money).

Remember, you have to spend money to spend money.

I would like to see the school pursue reimbursement from the B1G for the fines levied against us plus the bowl money we did not receive when the scandal hit. I think an argument can be made the other schools in the conference benefitted from the fines levied against us, plus there were no fines against the other institutions that had their own scandals that became public after ours. This will make a nice down payment for the Lasch improvements.

Also, when will be board try to address ongoing rising tuition costs?

I would like to see the school pursue reimbursement from the B1G for the fines levied against us plus the bowl money we did not receive when the scandal hit. I think an argument can be made the other schools in the conference benefitted from the fines levied against us
What were the fines we paid?

What were the fines we paid?

I remember this wrong - We were originally fined by the NCAA $60MM and the B1G donated what would have been our share of bowl money to charities dedicated to the protection of children.

I remember this wrong - We were originally fined by the NCAA $60MM and the B1G donated what would have been our share of bowl money to charities dedicated to the protection of children.

And the NCAA "fine" was all spent in PA.

I just hope the dude with the man-bag riding the bike is not a rendering of one of our future football players....

odrdphbzal2ejsehbydj

Reactions: NatLion and ram2020
Can't argue with that.

And in some of those cases, not renos either, but brand new.

And in some of those cases, not renos either, but brand new.

Yup, Dya think Lasch is going to have all the fancy leather and marble do-hickeys that Knight insisted on for his Ducks?

Can't argue with that.

It always far more costly to do the work in multiple projects while keeping the building operational and open. So comparing it to Oregon or Clemson is not a fair comparison. Sure they probably could have done it lot cheaper if they built a whole new complex on the IM fields for example. Then you probably hear non stop whining about losing parking.

It always far more costly to do the work in multiple projects while keeping the building operational and open. So comparing it to Oregon or Clemson is not a fair comparison. Sure they probably could have done it lot cheaper if they built a whole new complex on the IM fields for example. Then you probably hear non stop whining about losing parking.

Nah, they could just tear down the baseball complex and put it there. 🤣

• Haha
Hi Anthony. I was referring to your May 4th interview on WRSC with Byers. To be fair, time gets away from us during a pandemic and that wasn't "recent." At any rate, I believe you mentioned then that football expenses were out of hand. Do you still believe that to be the case?

Is the ICA still paying off the loan on the NCAA fine?

Thanks Anthony for all you do!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT