ADVERTISEMENT

Lamar apologists?

MacNit2.0

Sep 5, 2023
Pretty much as I described it would go if I might be so humble.

Hell of a running back, but a middling QB at best.

Hats off to Ravens defense for making adjustments and playing one whale of a second half.

Reactions: aworsnup
wtf was their offensive coordinator calling? It was like playground offense. Lamar wanted to throw a bomb every play.

Reactions: pittpsu
A lot of NFL teams could have beaten Baltimore today. Pretty much gave the game away. Of course all we will hear about is how spectacular Mahomes played. He has now replaced Brady as the greatest living American.

A lot of NFL teams could have beaten Baltimore today. Pretty much gave the game away. Of course all we will hear about is how spectacular Mahomes played. He has now replaced Brady as the greatest living American.
Mahomes was great today...especially in the first half

Reactions: 19333lion
Rough game for him. He tends to have one of them every once in a while.

Monken failed big time. 6 running plays called for the running backs against a poor run defense. Played it like they were down 21 points and a quarter left starting midway through the 1st. Taunting penalty was bs though, could have been called in Kelce on almost every reception.

Reactions: bison13 and Waltwam
He just had a knack of doing it in tne playoffs. 1-3 at home.

He is not able to handle the pressure. It’s no coincidence.

Eh narratives change. It’s a team sport. If Zay Flowers doesn’t have the worst 30 seconds of any player this season or the refs decide you can’t tackle receivers before the ball gets there and it’s potentially a different game.

Manning started his career 0-3 in the playoffs and took 8 seasons to get to a Super Bowl. Narrative was he couldn’t do it in the playoffs til it wasn’t.

Harbaugh now even with Tomlin with 3 playoff wins in the last 11 years I believe. Both setting the world afire.

Reactions: lazydave841
Credit where credit is due. Mahomes is taking a very ordinary offense to the Super Bowl. His WR's do not rank in the top 20 as a group in the NFL His OL was missing a huge piece yesterday and has been a patchwork effort all season. I'm tired of seeing him win. But that's what he does.

Reactions: jopsujose
Yes, when Baltimore really needs him. He makes a lot of very bad decisions and is not an accurate passer.

Great runner though.
I saw a lot of what the Steelers do in the KC effort yesterday. Spy and hope your rushers win the match ups to keep Lamar in the pocket. His throw into triple coverage in the endzone was an example of what you get. He gets impatient and forces throws.

I saw a lot of what the Steelers do in the KC effort yesterday. Spy and hope your rushers win the match ups to keep Lamar in the pocket. His throw into triple coverage in the endzone was an example of what you get. He gets impatient and forces throws.
At some point in his career age will catch up and his legs won’t win games. He and Josh Allen have the same issue that they are good for a few head scratchers in each big game that prevents them from beating a guy like Mahomes.

At some point in his career age will catch up and his legs won’t win games. He and Josh Allen have the same issue that they are good for a few head scratchers in each big game that prevents them from beating a guy like Mahomes.
Except Josh Allen has played well against mahomes and been let down by buffalos defense multiple times.

Credit where credit is due. Mahomes is taking a very ordinary offense to the Super Bowl. His WR's do not rank in the top 20 as a group in the NFL His OL was missing a huge piece yesterday and has been a patchwork effort all season. I'm tired of seeing him win. But that's what he does.
IMHO, the defense won that game for KC. Jones had an incredible game. They gave up only 10 points while scoring only 17. I was very impressed with Pacheco, especially late in the game when they put it away. Mahomes was very efficient with 30 of 39 passes. The offense did what they needed to do but Balt only had 81 yards rushing. Mahomes will get the glory and some offensive player will get the MVP, but the defense won the game.

IMHO, the defense won that game for KC. Jones had an incredible game. They gave up only 10 points while scoring only 17. I was very impressed with Pacheco, especially late in the game when they put it away. Mahomes was very efficient with 30 of 39 passes. The offense did what they needed to do but Balt only had 81 yards rushing. Mahomes will get the glory and some offensive player will get the MVP, but the defense won the game.
Can a QB allow his defense to win the game?

Because that is sort of what I saw. The Chiefs utilized the Mike Tomlin offensive playbook (particularly in the 2nd half) substituting Mahomie for KP.

The Steelers did defeat the Ravens both times this year. Including when Jackson made a similar crucial error throwing an Int to JPJr, in the end zone to seal the deal.

Reactions: bison13
I agree. It was not Mahomes. He did enough to win and didn't make critical turnovers. I am not a Baltimore fan but would have liked to see them win. I really think if Flowers holds on to the ball that Baltimore ends up winning. KC was doing very little on offense. I think after the Flowers fumble Baltimore started to panic and you saw that with the Jackson pick in the red zone on the next series.

To me, Baltimore gave this away. The KC defense played excellent but the Mahomes groveling will be nauseating. Don't get me wrong, he is a great player but was not anything special in this game just benefitted from a mistake prone, lackluster Baltimore effort.

Can a QB allow his defense to win the game?

Because that is sort of what I saw. The Chiefs utilized the Mike Tomlin offensive playbook (particularly in the 2nd half) substituting Mahomie for KP.

The Steelers did defeat the Ravens both times this year. Including when Jackson made a similar crucial error throwing an Int to JPJr, in the end zone to seal the deal.
I think a coach can. But I do agree. both winning teams played very clean games. Ravens had 3 turnovers. 49ers threw a pick but an illegal block really hurt their chances as it accounted for ~ 30 yards penalty. Both the Ravens and Lions played very aggressively on offense.

One of the interesting things is that calling plays during the regular season is quite different than playoffs. In the world of analytics, coaches look at the numbers. The problem is they are skewed by stats from (for example) the sixth game of the year versus the Chicago Bears. They are playing the best of the best. Points are hard to come by. Players get emotional and choke. Momentum is HUGE. Its like the red zone....you can't be a different team but the context is different. The great teams have a swagger and just do whatever it takes to win given the game situation. For example, KC running the ball down the Ravens throats to seal the deal was impressive.

Reactions: Lion_Backer
And Baltimore was let down by Zay Flowers dumb taunt and terrible ball protection. Good example of how to cost your team a game in 30 seconds. They probably win if he doesn't fumble at the 12 inch line. Team sport.
The kid is really good but you have to wonder if playing at Boston College didn't prepare his very well for that stage.

The kid is really good but you have to wonder if playing at Boston College didn't prepare his very well for that stage.

I’ll defend him a bit. I was at the game and the taunting from the chiefs was out of control. Kelce was in peoples faces every play in the first half and could have been flagged and wasn’t. Refs let it slide the whole game until that point. Felt a bit like a basketball game where the refs let both sides play physical and then call a really ticky tack call in the last 2 minutes that they’d ignored dozens of times by that point.

Still gotta be smarter.

And Baltimore was let down by Zay Flowers dumb taunt and terrible ball protection. Good example of how to cost your team a game in 30 seconds. They probably win if he doesn't fumble at the 12 inch line. Team sport.
I felt sorry for Flowers. He's young, but you never know. He may never get to the Super Bowl again, and might have to live with that fumble the rest of his life. Dan Marino made the Super Bowl his rookie year and despite a phenomenal career never made it back.

Baltimore did just enough to lose that game. The fumble was a killer. KC won't be as fortunate in the Super Bowl. They could still win but will need to earn it more and not be the beneficiary of killer red zone turnovers and dumb penalties.

Baltimore did just enough to lose that game. The fumble was a killer. KC won't be as fortunate in the Super Bowl. They could still win but will need to earn it more and not be the beneficiary of killer red zone turnovers and dumb penalties.

kc will always be the beneficiary of dumb penalties. They ask for them after every play. Yesterday was my first time watching them live and my wife is from kc so I see them all the time. It’s not shown on camera but they’ve got someone going up to the officials after almost everything complaining. On offense they instigate a ton away from the ball and have over the top reactions if there’s any sort of response, especially Kelce. Must have been 3 or 4 plays he just straight up shoved guys to the ground after then threw his arms up. Prior to the game he went over to Tucker who was already setup and threw his helmet and practice balls through the endzone.

Monken failed big time. 6 running plays called for the running backs against a poor run defense. Played it like they were down 21 points and a quarter left starting midway through the 1st. Taunting penalty was bs though, could have been called in Kelce on almost every reception.
The taunting and show boating is Bob out of control. Get a first down, make a catch, or a tackle, and just go back to the huddle. Act like you’re doing what you’re being paid to do.
College is out of control too.

Reactions: psu00
The taunting and show boating is Bob out of control. Get a first down, make a catch, or a tackle, and just go back to the huddle. Act like you’re doing what you’re being paid to do.
College is out of control too.

I'd rather they just let them at this point. They're not going to penalize equally so f it.

This was Kelce before the game, he was worse after most of their plays. Never thought I'd root for the 49ers, or for an injury, but Kelce suffering a career ender and retiring with his brother would be a nice narrative.

I agree. It was not Mahomes. He did enough to win and didn't make critical turnovers. I am not a Baltimore fan but would have liked to see them win. I really think if Flowers holds on to the ball that Baltimore ends up winning. KC was doing very little on offense. I think after the Flowers fumble Baltimore started to panic and you saw that with the Jackson pick in the red zone on the next series.

To me, Baltimore gave this away. The KC defense played excellent but the Mahomes groveling will be nauseating. Don't get me wrong, he is a great player but was not anything special in this game just benefitted from a mistake prone, lackluster Baltimore effort.
Flowers is a punk that cost them the game

Eh narratives change. It’s a team sport. If Zay Flowers doesn’t have the worst 30 seconds of any player this season or the refs decide you can’t tackle receivers before the ball gets there and it’s potentially a different game.

Manning started his career 0-3 in the playoffs and took 8 seasons to get to a Super Bowl. Narrative was he couldn’t do it in the playoffs til it wasn’t.

Harbaugh now even with Tomlin with 3 playoff wins in the last 11 years I believe. Both setting the world afire.
Manning was a heck of a QB. And could read defenses. Lamar? Not so much. And he will not be gaining intelligence.

Only a matter of time before Buffalo strolls out OJ at a play-off game to fire up the crowd.
Only a matter of time before Penn State honors Joe Paterno to fire up the crowd.

You sound like the idiots who think Joe covered up for Sandusky only all the facts of his case are public since it went to trial.

I'd rather they just let them at this point. They're not going to penalize equally so f it.

This was Kelce before the game, he was worse after most of their plays. Never thought I'd root for the 49ers, or for an injury, but Kelce suffering a career ender and retiring with his brother would be a nice narrative.

They asked him to move his stuff so that 15 wouldn’t trip over it. He moved it slightly and Travis was looking out for 15.

They asked him to move his stuff so that 15 wouldn’t trip over it. He moved it slightly and Travis was looking out for 15.

No they didn’t. Tucker was interviewed after the game. Said he’s done it every game for 12 years first time there’s ever been an issue. You can see butker at the far end of the field. I was at the game and saw it.

Pretty much as I described it would go if I might be so humble.

Hell of a running back, but a middling QB at best.

Hats off to Ravens defense for making adjustments and playing one whale of a second half.
I apologize to Steelers fans, bitter because they had to watch a full NFL season of Pickett, Trubisky and Rudolph while their rivals cruised to the number 1 seed with the best quarterback in the league. Yeah Lamar had one bad game at the worst possible time. I think Steelers fans can really build on that for next year.

No they didn’t. Tucker was interviewed after the game. Said he’s done it every game for 12 years first time there’s ever been an issue. You can see butker at the far end of the field. I was at the game and saw it.
What was Tucker doing on KC's side of the field? I read that he has a history of doing this, so it sounds like he was the one causing trouble. He was asked to move and refused.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT