ADVERTISEMENT

Kirby Smart asked about how to get your team up from disappointment

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
he said the most important factor is having an opponent the players will respect and take serious.

Choking away a playoff berth with your coach making a boneheaded decision would certainly be disappointing. If you are drawing a parallel to PSU it’s not the same situation.

Choking away a playoff berth with your coach making a boneheaded decision would certainly be disappointing. If you are drawing a parallel to PSU it’s not the same situation.

Didn't watch all of the game. What was Kirby's bone-headed decision?

If you seriously don’t know, he went for a fake punt in a tie game on 4th and 11 from midfield with a couple minutes to go. Alabama promptly drove down for the winning TD

I seriously did not know. Turned it off just before Alabama's score to tie it up. I had the feeling then that Georgia would not win, and I was right.

Was pulling for Georgia because I want to see this system destroyed. Could not bare to watch Georgia crash like PSU did in some of our losses. Felt eerily similar.

Unsuccessful fake punt around mid-field on 4th and 11. Very "Franklin-esque".

in his presser he said the were "trying to be aggressive". very interesting coach speak - as saying you not aggressive does not sound good. there is a thing called being smart to win games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT