ADVERTISEMENT

Kids are pissed in PA, no more snow days, they just do virtual. I just heard the two cursing downstairs. LOL

Snow days were like treasures when I was a kid. Not only did you have off, but when I got older I would team up with a friend and make cash, shoveling.

Shalom
BUjI.gif

Our school was 460 - we’d pray to hear that number on the radio listing school closings and delayed openings.

We’d get screwed except for huge snowstorms until our school district superintendent slipped on ice and broke his elbow on a day he didn’t call school off. After that, we’d be off for almost everything.

There was an ESPN NHL commercial one year that had a kid listening to the radio report school closings and he rejoiced when they listed 460 in Delco. I always wondered who was behind that ad. Fir a while Bill Clement lived in Wallingford near us - maybe it was him

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Snow days were like treasures when I was a kid. Not only did you have off, but when I got older I would team up with a friend and make cash, shoveling.

Shalom

The kids are the number one priority.

Can’t kids effectively self-declare a snow day by claiming their internet was down?

That’s what I would do.

Reactions: BTMurphy

Shalom
Depends on the district. Our district gets snow days while virtual.

Shalom
The only snow days I can remember having were in 1950 after the great Thanksgiving snow storm. Of course , most of us walked to school, and we we not sue happy as is today's generation.

This year most schools are like getting a participation trophy. Log on give yourself an A.

Our district is closing at noon today and tomorrow, and will be closed as in no virtual learning. Believe me, Superintendents are aware that many kids are struggling right now, and from what I’ve seen most schools will be fully closed to allow the kids to have some fun. If we’re on our third storm in 2 weeks later this winter, I suspect school will proceed virtually, but for this one I think most educators are fully on board with giving the kids a few day reprieve.

Reactions: PSU77sh
Our students are fully remote today and tomorrow. No snow day class times are the same as they would be if in brick and mortar. And no participation trophies either. If you don’t do the work you don’t get credit. This isn’t the spring shutdown. Most districts and teachers have figured out how to continue the curriculum and hold kids accountable.

Sounds like Centuar’s district needs to increase their problem solving skills.

Reactions: Sproul
Nothing has changed at my school. Kids are in class 5 days a week and tomorrow we will have a snow day. It's like the good ole days around here.

My kids will be "sick" tomorrow, helping me shovel and playing in the snow. Missing one day of school is not going to hurt them. The teachers can suck it. I will continue this every time it snows as long as this asinine practice is in place. Let them be kids for crying out loud.

My kids will be "sick" tomorrow, helping me shovel and playing in the snow. Missing one day of school is not going to hurt them. The teachers can suck it. I will continue this every time it snows as long as this asinine practice is in place. Let them be kids for crying out loud.
Teachers don’t decide if school is closed, and hate the current mode of learning as much as you do.

Depends on the district. Our district gets snow days while virtual.
Despite being virtual, ours got an early dismissal today and a 2 hour delay tomorrow, if not cancelled. The teachers still have to report to school to have live classes.

School ended about an hour ago. Looks like they timed it right because it's now snowing pretty heavy.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
This year most schools are like getting a participation trophy. Log on give yourself an A.
Here, it's not nearly as bad as last year. The school actually seems prepared this time. I don't think they're getting as good of an education as in person learning, but it's not the participation trophy like last year.

Here in Loudoun County, Va we're 100% distance and got a full snow day.

It's funny, long ago I don't remember getting snow days yet we seemed to get plenty of time to still play in the snow. The kids can still get themselves good and cold after logging off for the day.

Reactions: 91Joe95
So 2 brothers, Bobby ,10 and Billy, 6 are home doing virtual and sick of it. Bobby tells Billy it is time they start cussing in the house. Billy says, "Sure, why not!" Bobby says he will use the f-word and Billy is to use the A-word when they go downstairs for lunch. Bobby goes into the kitchen and mom asks him what kind of sandwich he wants. "How about a f**king Ham and Cheese????" WHACK!! Mom slaps him across the face and then slaps his butt all the way up the stairs to his bedroom. She slams the door and yells, "You will stay in there till I tell you to come out!" She walks down stairs to the kitchen and says to Billy, "What kind of sandwich do you want?" Billy says, "Not sure mom, but you can bet your fat a$$ it ain't gonna be a Ham and Cheese!"

Really?! Trust me....the teachers want a snow day just as much as the kids do.

Reactions: Pocono Lion

Shalom

even Though our school is virtual both today and tomorrow are off snow days

We had about half attendance today. Some parents called their kid in “sick” which may require a negative covid test in order to return. Oops. Should have gone with mental health day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT