ADVERTISEMENT

Kent State - Mr. Conel - 197lb HERO to most of us on this board!

Just another PSU Fan

Jan 25, 2013
On Nov 11th - one of Penn State's 2018 NCAA MVPs will be on display in Rec Hall! Kyle Conel will be here for a must see bout against Bo Nickal ...

I'm not rooting for a Bo Nickal quick pin ... I'd like to see Mr. Conel go the distance with Bo ---

anyone else feeling a bit torn on this matchup?

Hey... I’m headed to Iceland in June... I guess I’ll have to re-visit an old thread.

Although the IRAS telescope got close...….I believe 0 degrees Kelvin is something like infinity ( not the positive kind ) in that it can not realistically be achieved. Unlike infinity.....if it is ever achieved.....the predicted results will be as bad....if not worse...than Y2K...…. :) PS: ..Thanks for the 2 wins over Moore......BUT.... Pin his arse BO !!

Although the IRAS telescope got close...….I believe 0 degrees Kelvin is something like infinity ( not the positive kind ) in that it can not realistically be achieved. Unlike infinity.....if it is ever achieved.....the predicted results will be as bad....if not worse...than Y2K...…. :) PS: ..Thanks for the 2 wins over Moore......BUT.... Pin his arse BO !!

This is true. The idea for the Kelvin scale has to do with the relationship between the volume and the temperature of a gas. Scientists theorized that the volume of a gas should become zero at a temperature of minus 273.15 C. Because dissipating a gas to 0 volume would violate thermodynamics, reaching 0K is theoretically impossible. I like to use Kelvin in my work reports because there are no negatives though. It makes calculations easier.

Now that I've gone full science nerd, who else is ready for the season to start?

This is true. The idea for the Kelvin scale has to do with the relationship between the volume and the temperature of a gas. Scientists theorized that the volume of a gas should become zero at a temperature of minus 273.15 C. Because dissipating a gas to 0 volume would violate thermodynamics, reaching 0K is theoretically impossible. I like to use Kelvin in my work reports because there are no negatives though. It makes calculations easier.

Now that I've gone full science nerd, who else is ready for the season to start?

Will I route for him vs Bo - 0 Kelvin might not be sufficient. Absolute zero just doesn't say enough.

Will I route for him vs the rest of the nation - absolutely!

Were Conel's double victories over Moore key to our winning it all once again? You bet one of about a dozen huge matches and I am grateful. Huge - like his physique.

Last edited:
... Now that I've gone full science nerd, who else is ready for the season to start?
Yes to season! BTW, full science nerd is when you explain negative degrees Kelvin, so I think you went only 3/4 science nerd. ;)

Just so you guys know he beat Moore for his own benefit. It really didn't cross his mind that he was helping PSU.

I am glad that he did keep tOSU points off the board last year and I wish him luck in all that he does apart from competing against PSU wrestlers. But Bo is our guy this year and I want Bo to do as well as possible.

I would more than happy for Mr. Conel to finish 2nd to Bo come March.

Well.....at absolute zero there can be no energy so movement of electrons is not permissible....nor are atoms...….so it would be like Thanos snapping his fingers.....except for the 50% part. Ha....Science, Science Fiction and Comic book nerd ….Check and Mate!

Crap...…...I added a chess reference...….now I have gone too far :)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT