ADVERTISEMENT

JZ on JVP on the Blaze radio today (audio)

The interview is short (22 minutes), but explains the genesis of the scandal and goes into the details of the origins of the false narratives. Anybody care to take a stab at what Ziegler has wrong.

Anybody care to take a stab at what Ziegler has wrong.
Good luck with that.

He did a good job of explaining MM's inconsistencies and the date/year thing. I think he sort of blew those guys away w/ the "fake victim" thing. The end was funny.

Listen to JZ"s link in his tweet above to see what a fraud DVN is. The following video is Slaten taking him apart about it.

Serious Q: when will these tapes about the "fake victim" be released? Couldn't Zig just leak them to a reporter like our Pa Office of Attorney general was in the habit of doing?

Good question. You would need to talk to Ziegler directly concerning his reasons for not releasing the tapes at this time. From what Ziegler has said, I believe it is because he is not confident that the powers to be (e.g. the OAG, BOT, media) would care and do anything about it and he does not trust how they would react. In addition, I believe there may be some legal liability issues involved. We have seen what the enemies of Kathleen Kane did to her, I can imagine that if Ziegler upset the wrong people that they might be able to retaliate.

I love the reference to fake news. IMO, the OAG planted the fake news story that Mike McQueary witnessed an anal rape in the Lasch building shower in the form of a false grand jury presentment in November 2011. As we can see, this false narrative is now firmly embedded in the minds of the public at large as well as in the media. Even though the OAG knows the story is false, they are unwilling to walk it back. If they did, the case against Spanier, Curley, and Schultz would be toast; and Sandusky, at a minimum, would win a new trial.

Good question. You would need to talk to Ziegler directly concerning his reasons for not releasing the tapes at this time. From what Ziegler has said, I believe it is because he is not confident that the powers to be (e.g. the OAG, BOT, media) would care and do anything about it and he does not trust how they would react. In addition, I believe there may be some legal liability issues involved. We have seen what the enemies of Kathleen Kane did to her, I can imagine that if Ziegler upset the wrong people that they might be able to retaliate.

Good point. I will attempt to give him a call. I am told that there currently is no one to trust in the Office of Attorney General. So I don't know if one waits until Shapiro gets in office, of if one can currently take it up with a trusted member on his transition team - or if the OAG is even who one goes to in the first place.

We do know that the wheels of "justice" here in PA grind slowly, is inefficient and good people can just as easily get destroyed while others can craftily use the system for their own self interest.

Why anyone cares a whit about this charlatan is beyond me.

Of course there is no tape, at least not one that says what zig claims.

If there was, he would have played it, privately, for sone trusted others who'd confirm its existence & content.

I love the reference to fake news. IMO, the OAG planted the fake news story that Mike McQueary witnessed an anal rape in the Lasch building shower in the form of a false grand jury presentment in November 2011. As we can see, this false narrative is now firmly embedded in the minds of the public at large as well as in the media. Even though the OAG knows the story is false, they are unwilling to walk it back. If they did, the case against Spanier, Curley, and Schultz would be toast; and Sandusky, at a minimum, would win a new trial.

Eschbach (sp) testified that she wrote that into the presentment (and we believe with Fina's full encouragement or at his behest) and that McQ did not say those words. So that is out there already. Will anything come of that? I'm skeptical.

I know that Franco is a big supporter of Ziegler so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he had shared some of the tapes with him.

I am not a big fan of Ziegler, his personality or his tactics. That being said, I absolutely believe these tapes exist. I also believe he knows the facts of the case better than anyone. I ask again, what does he have wrong?

I know that Franco is a big supporter of Ziegler so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he had shared some of the tapes with him.

I am not a big fan of Ziegler, his personality or his tactics. That being said, I absolutely believe these tapes exist. I also believe he knows the facts of the case better than anyone. I ask again, what does he have wrong?

The tapes exist. Of course they do. They just don't contain the content you think they do. Again, if they did, it would have been confirmed by another party by now.

The tapes exist. Of course they do. They just don't contain the content you think they do. Again, if they did, it would have been confirmed by another party by now.

You are welcome to your own opinion. My opinion is that the Sandusky accusations were very poorly vetted by Penn State and that the accusations from the 70s are absurd and the result of creativity by the accuser's lawyers, like Andrew Shubin, so that they would satisfy the parameters that Penn State had set in order to win settlements. I believe the tapes most likely contain the content that Ziegler claims they do.

Last edited:
You are welcome to your own opinion. My opinion is that the Sandusky accusations were very poorly vetted by Penn State and that the accusations from the 70s are absurd and the result of creativity by the accuser's lawyers, like Andrew Shubin, so that they would satisfy the parameters that Penn State had set in order to win settlements. I believe the tapes most likely contain the content that Ziegler claims they do.

what is your opinion on possible collusion between Shubin and the BoT in regards to these settlements?

One thing I throw at the haters is that the OAG they worship was aware of one of the 1970s allegations and dismissed the claim as unfounded. so how did this "victim" win a settlement??

what is your opinion on possible collusion between Shubin and the BoT in regards to these settlements?

One thing I throw at the haters is that the OAG they worship was aware of one of the 1970s allegations and dismissed the claim as unfounded. so how did this "victim" win a settlement??

I don't think that the BOT has been colluding with Shubin, but in this fiasco anything is possible. In the evidentiary hearings this past summer it seemed like the OAG and Shubin didn't like each other. However, this may have been cover for the OAG to claim that they didn't believe AM was v2.

The 70s accusers won settlements IMO because Penn State did not do due dillegence and accepted anything remotely plausible (somethimes even implausible) so that they didn't have to contest anything.

I don't think that the BOT has been colluding with Shubin, but in this fiasco anything is possible. In the evidentiary hearings this past summer it seemed like the OAG and Shubin didn't like each other. However, this may have been cover for the OAG to claim that they didn't believe AM was v2.

The 70s accusers won settlements IMO because Penn State did not do due dillegence and accepted anything remotely plausible (somethimes even implausible) so that they didn't have to contest anything.

Based on their lame attempt at contesting McQueary, maybe they did the right thing.

Had that mentioned to me last night. I was in the process of letting my friend (who really did not know otherwise) that that was made up--when another friend, who is not a PSU person, chimed in with the correct answer--that the AG's office made that charge up and the MM stated in his own civil case that he witnessed no such thing. Was nice to have someone else defend us.

FWIW - I did chat with Zig this afternoon when I had a spare moment. After a profanity laced tirade by Zig, I did tell him that I would be happy to put him in touch with a member of AG-Elect Shapiro's transition team - in an effort to get some traction on these tapes.

He was amenable to that.

I then placed a call to Amy Torcoletti, explained the reasoning for my call, she was extremely accomodating and would have a key person on Shapiro's executive team follow up with Zig. I've followed up with both via email.

So we shall see.

FWIW - I did chat with Zig this afternoon when I had a spare moment. After a profanity laced tirade by Zig, I did tell him that I would be happy to put him in touch with a member of AG-Elect Shapiro's transition team - in an effort to get some traction on these tapes.

He was amenable to that.

I then placed a call to Amy Torcoletti, explained the reasoning for my call, she was extremely accomodating and would have a key person on Shapiro's executive team follow up with Zig. I've followed up with both via email.

So we shall see.
Well, that should be interesting to say the least. My main problem with Zig is that he often tries to politicize this whole thing as if it's a right vs. left thing. It should be nothing of the sort, and in doing so it hurts his credibility at times.

Well, that should be interesting to say the least. My main problem with Zig is that he often tries to politicize this whole thing as if it's a right vs. left thing. It should be nothing of the sort, and in doing so it hurts his credibility at times.
Disagree. I think the only time he politicizes this mess (like he did very briefly in this interview) is when he is on conservative media outlets. I think he's trying to bring relevance to the viewers/listeners regarding the case, and also link his history to the case in an effort to establish credibility. When he's talking to Joe Blow, JVP's political history is never mentioned.

He was amenable to that.

So we shall see.

Wendy,

Thanks for doing this. I realize that dealing with Ziegler wasn't a pleasant experience. I hope that AG-elect Shapiro follows through with this and can expose the insurance fraud of Andrew Shubin and others as well as the incompetence of the PSU BOT in settling these bogus accuser complaints.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT