ADVERTISEMENT

Just my opinion.......

harbest

Sep 26, 2001
Playcalling looked like it was done on a hangover today. Illinois proved the best way to win a football game is to run your opponent into the ground.

In the Illinois FG try in overtime, why was a TO not called by Franklin to make their kicker think about a 40 yd FG try? Bilema had the intelligence to call one on ours.

I would have been embarresed if we had somehow found a way to pull this game out. This is a prime example of putting lipstick on a pig and calling it beautiful. On the other hand, when a team rushes for almost 400 yards and still needs 9 overtimes to win, that doesn't say much either. When Franklin is offered the USC job and if he accepts, I hope someone in the PSU hierarchy has the brains to offer the job to Pry. I won't hold my breath though.

Playcalling looked like it was done on a hangover today. Illinois proved the best way to win a football game is to run your opponent into the ground.

In the Illinois FG try in overtime, why was a TO not called by Franklin to make their kicker think about a 40 yd FG try? Bilema had the intelligence to call one on ours.

I would have been embarresed if we had somehow found a way to pull this game out. This is a prime example of putting lipstick on a pig and calling it beautiful. On the other hand, when a team rushes for almost 400 yards and still needs 9 overtimes to win, that doesn't say much either. When Franklin is offered the USC job and if he accepts, I hope someone in the PSU hierarchy has the brains to offer the job to Pry. I won't hold my breath though.

Yikes! I don't know if Pry is head coach material. But the day his defense gave up 350 yards rushing to a poor Illinois team is probably not the day to hype his candidacy.

Yikes! I don't know if Pry is head coach material. But the day his defense gave up 350 yards rushing to a poor Illinois team is probably not the day to hype his candidacy.
They gave up the yards, but kept them out of the endzone. For giving up more than 350 yards, the score should hsve been much worse. If there is any credit to be given out in this dumpster fire, it is to the defense to keep PSU in the game on the scoreboard. That's a million miles more than what the offense did today.

Reactions: Madsol
Did you really just type those words?
Yes I did. Last time I looked, this was a free country and I am entitled to my opinion as I stated in the posy above. You're free to your opinion, so have at it.

They gave up the yards, but kept them out of the endzone. For giving up more than 350 yards, the score should hsve been much worse. If there is any credit to be given out in this dumpster fire, it is to the defense to keep PSU in the game on the scoreboard. That's a million miles more than what the offense did today.
Score was close because the Ill Qb is just as bad as Roberson.

Reactions: Grass
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT