ADVERTISEMENT

Just an observation...

We do not have a running game. Period. We have Saquon but we have no ability to drive the ball on the ground when we need it. I just don't get the 4-yard deep handoffs, especially close to the goal line.
That is the problem with the rpo.We are also wasting our receivers size and speed.We would do better with the John Donovan offense with this personnel.Our oline is better than 2 years ago,big play wide outs,NFL caliber tight end and the best back in college football.

Reactions: ralphster
Unfortunately that’s the offense we have. Everything out of the shotgun. Need to add some under center offensive looks, perhaps I or pro set formations, but will have to train someone to play FB.

we scored 38 and lost by 1. We should have been able to win. It took 4 former head coaches a 5th year senior qb multiple straight top 5 recruiting classes and away at a rivals's place off a by with revenge to beat this team.

Eilion, you are spot on. JC do we have a bunch of whiners.... it was a great game and it took a super human QB effort, just like the rose bowl, for the home team to win at the buzzer. My god. No one goes unbeaten but maybe Bama. Plenary of football to be played.

Eilion, you are spot on. JC do we have a bunch of whiners.... it was a great game and it took a super human QB effort, just like the rose bowl, for the home team to win at the buzzer. My god. No one goes unbeaten but maybe Bama. Plenary of football to be played.
Super human QB effort? Those WRs were so wide open anyone, I mean anyone, could have completed those passes. It was not Barrett but our coaching staff curling up in a ball that list this game. They played not to lose in the 4th qtr and they did just that

Super human QB effort? Those WRs were so wide open anyone, I mean anyone, could have completed those passes. It was not Barrett but our coaching staff curling up in a ball that list this game. They played not to lose in the 4th qtr and they did just that
Despite the offensive scheme (rpo), the defense lost this, if blame is necessary. I heard Jack Ham say once that there are certain games when the D just has to do it.

Just cant give JT any credit can you that's ok .He sure outplayed your all everything.

Just cant give JT any credit can you that's ok .He sure outplayed your all everything.
Orkie, I think we all give JB truckloads of credit. I certainly do. But, his passing game is spotty, at best. As to your last comment, JT and SB were not going head to head, so those kind of comparisons are rather juvenile. Let's see who goes higher in the draft.

Lmao. It's not the line. It's the system

I for one will be glad when Moorhead leaves. And Rahne or someone else comes on. Keeps 70% of the offense but isn't so married to the system
Yep. Moorhead dreams of being the next Paul Johnson and stocking up with players who run his offensive system to perfection. He will eventually be the HC at some place like Wake Forest and will have a nice career putting up lots of points (but also giving up lots of points, since he will put all of the best athletes on offense). his vision is innovative offense. It is not the same as Franklin's vision, which is to build a dynasty. Moorhead was a great boost to the program but these guys need to part ways eventually

Reactions: PSUBluebird
Despite the offensive scheme (rpo), the defense lost this, if blame is necessary. I heard Jack Ham say once that there are certain games when the D just has to do it.
Jack Ham also said that the constant pounding is going to show up in the 4th, did it ever. Offense needed to score a TD and not settle for FG . Should have gone up 42-27. Instead of taking the ball back four yards to run it, they should have thrown to the big receivers in the end zone. SMH. Insanity, same plays expecting different results. Got away with it against Iowa, but not against a team like OSU. Disappointing to let that opportunity pass us by.

Jack Ham also said that the constant pounding is going to show up in the 4th, did it ever. Offense needed to score a TD and not settle for FG . Should have gone up 42-27. Instead of taking the ball back four yards to run it, they should have thrown to the big receivers in the end zone. SMH. Insanity, same plays expecting different results. Got away with it against Iowa, but not against a team like OSU. Disappointing to let that opportunity pass us by.
Should have handed off to Barkley on 1st down and have him throw a jump ball to gisecki

Reactions: Nitwit97
Goal line offense has sucked all year and it finally bit us in the a**. Two McSorley keepers and a handoff to Barkley when their line was starting to dominate? No rollout? No jumpball to Gesicki? WTF?

You gotta run the play that was successful earlier. McSorkey takes the snap and IMMEDIATELY follows Barkley to the corner of the end zone for the TD. You run that play, then run it again and run it a third time if you have to....anything but a delay okay up the middle.

We never came back to that play in the entire game.....anywhere on the field.

SAD VERY VERY SAD

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
There’s always plays you can go back to and say with 20/20 hindsight, this should have been done instead of that. Both team said had great moments, both teams made mistakes that had a cost.

PSU didn’t give the game away in the fourth quarter, any more than OSU did it’s best to give the game away in the first quarter.

The N. Lions do have some weaknesses. So does OSU. If we all watched Alabama as much as we do our current favorite teams, I’m sure there are aspects of their game that concerns them.

If things keep going the way they are, it won’t be Dantonio and MSU that is the greatest threat to Meyer and the Buckeyes, and it might not even be Harbaugh and Michigan. It will be and currently is, Franklin and PSU.

You gotta run the play that was successful earlier. McSorkey takes the snap and IMMEDIATELY follows Barkley to the corner of the end zone for the TD. You run that play, then run it again and run it a third time if you have to....anything but a delay okay up the middle.

We never came back to that play in the entire game.....anywhere on the field.

SAD VERY VERY SAD

Unlike vs Michigan, McSorley wasn't gaining any yards except on scrambles. How they thought he could gain even 4 yards with the congested LOS beggars belief. The gods or fates were with us this game, and I know you can point to alot of factors. BUT to have 1st and 4 at the goal line and have to settle for a field goal has got to be at the top of the list.

Reactions: Nitwit97
There’s always plays you can go back to and say with 20/20 hindsight, this should have been done instead of that. Both team said had great moments, both teams made mistakes that had a cost.

PSU didn’t give the game away in the fourth quarter, any more than OSU did it’s best to give the game away in the first quarter.

The N. Lions do have some weaknesses. So does OSU. If we all watched Alabama as much as we do our current favorite teams, I’m sure there are aspects of their game that concerns them.

If things keep going the way they are, it won’t be Dantonio and MSU that is the greatest threat to Meyer and the Buckeyes, and it might not even be Harbaugh and Michigan. It will be and currently is, Franklin and PSU.

I'm sorry but OSU didn't give the game away because like you said it was the FIRST QUARTER, they still had 3 to play catch up. Bates' injury was costly because now Wright is on Bosa. Still the way the coaches called the 4th was too reminiscent of the 4th vs USC in the Rose Bowl.

Orkie, I think we all give JB truckloads of credit. I certainly do. But, his passing game is spotty, at best. As to your last comment, JT and SB were not going head to head, so those kind of comparisons are rather juvenile. Let's see who goes higher in the draft.
You do know that this is JT third offensive coordinator and quarterback coach in four years look at his numbers in 2014 as good as his last five games Those throws he made last night he did not make first two games of this year and last year.They went head to head last night and JT was clearly the best player on the field..As far as getting drafted no doubt but JT will get drafted as a athlete. And OSU will have a lot of players as they always do. And will just restock. This was suppose to be your year Great game last night, but reading your boards the last week JT was just god awful and you guys didn't think he would do much.Your great running game got shut down along with that offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT