ADVERTISEMENT

JUNIOR WORLD CHAMP CHALLENGE FOR WFL

CowboyUp61

May 22, 2016
stillwater, ok
OK, guys, here we go! Time for Junior World Championships. Here’s the game;

Openly pledge (or silently) to donate to Wrestling for Life for medals earned by USA wrestlers in the Junior World Championships, beginning September 17th. Remember, each $30 buys a new pair of shoes that will be donated to middle schools across the country. Have some fun, give yourself a reason to keep up with the wrestling, and help a great cause! Then, if you are feeling lucky, post your receipt on this thread, and one lucky winner will get something good. Don’t know what yet, though-but I am sure it will be wrestling related ;)

Here is my pledge;

$10 for a USA Gold Medal, $7 for a USA Silver Medal, $4 for a USA Bronze medal for all 3 styles.

A perfect tourney by the US would let Jim buy 10 pairs of shoes with my money! In the immortal words of someone else, MATCH ME!

Last edited:
Reactions: androcles
I’m either fuzzy on my math or I’m not sure how many JR weights there are...

30 pairs of shoes at $30 a pair equals $900...how many possible gold medals can we win?!?!

Reactions: nitlion6
I’m either fuzzy on my math or I’m not sure how many JR weights there are...

30 pairs of shoes at $30 a pair equals $900...how many possible gold medals can we win?!?!
10 weights in each style-MFS, Greco, WFS. And, it doesn't have to be those amounts. $3-2-1 for medals is fine.

30 weights x $10/gold still doesn’t add up to $900 (30 pairs of shoes)...just a typo or math mistake on your part that threw me off...I’m easily confused!

I’ll go with your $3, $2, $1 proposal...that’s a little more workable on my budget. I’ll put a $30 minimum to ensure I pitch in enough for a full pair.

Go USA!

Reactions: CowboyUp61
30 weights x $10/gold still doesn’t add up to $900 (30 pairs of shoes)...just a typo or math mistake on your part that threw me off...I’m easily confused!

I’ll go with your $3, $2, $1 proposal...that’s a little more workable on my budget. I’ll put a $30 minimum to ensure I pitch in enough for a full pair.

Go USA!
sorry, i usually do math with a spreadsheet not my head. Especially after a dose of valium :oops:

Go USA!

Sounds good. I will match that.

Thanks, folks. Please keep it going. I am sending 10 pairs of shoes a piece to Johnstown and Roaring Springs in PA today.

results so far for USA
55 Koontz is out of the tourney at 0-1
63 Nutter is still alive, if KRYG wins semi
77 Bey is in the semifinals
87 Hughes is out 0-1
130 Schultz is in the semis

So still a possibility of 3 medals. Get your pledges in!

Macey Kilty has won silver, falling in the finals to a 3X World Champ (2 cadet and 1 junior). Alisha Howk will wrestle for bronze.

Final Totals
Greco- 1 silver, 1 Bronze
Women 1 silver
Men 1 Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze

My total at $10-7-4 is $50. If you were playing along, or if you want to jump in now, post your receipt and lets see how much we can help!

You donated $50.00 USD to Wrestling for Life

Thank you for using PayPal

Donation Details

Date:

September 24, 2018 at 7:23:38 AM PDT

Transaction ID:

0D958096VU675893S

Purpose:

Wrestling For Life

Donation to:

Wrestling for Life

Donation from:

CowboyUp61

Donation amount:

$50.00 USD

Total amount of this transaction

$50.00 USD

The transaction will appear on your credit card statement as PAYPAL *WRESTLINGFO.

OK, Mine is paid!
1 x 10
4 x 7
3 x 4

Final Totals
Greco- 1 silver, 1 Bronze
Women 1 silver
Men 1 Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze

My total at $10-7-4 is $50. If you were playing along, or if you want to jump in now, post your receipt and lets see how much we can help!

Mine came to $0, but I did the $30 as promised.

You donated $30.00 USD to Wrestling for Life
Donation Details
Date: September 24, 2018 at 8:16:53 AM PDT
Transaction ID: 46358710C5251664W
Purpose: Wrestling For Life
Donation to: Wrestling for Life
Donation from: brian.mcmahon.cpa@gmail.com
Donation amount: $30.00 USD

$30.00 USD

OK, guys, here we go! Time for Junior World Championships. Here’s the game;

Openly pledge (or silently) to donate to Wrestling for Life for medals earned by USA wrestlers in the Junior World Championships, beginning September 17th. Remember, each $30 buys a new pair of shoes that will be donated to middle schools across the country. Have some fun, give yourself a reason to keep up with the wrestling, and help a great cause! Then, if you are feeling lucky, post your receipt on this thread, and one lucky winner will get something good. Don’t know what yet, though-but I am sure it will be wrestling related ;)

Here is my pledge;

$10 for a USA Gold Medal, $7 for a USA Silver Medal, $4 for a USA Bronze medal for all 3 styles.

A perfect tourney by the US would let Jim buy 10 pairs of shoes with my money! In the immortal words of someone else, MATCH ME!

Pardon my laziness, can you post a link to donate?

Mine came to $0, but I did the $30 as promised.

You donated $30.00 USD to Wrestling for Life
Donation Details
Date: September 24, 2018 at 8:16:53 AM PDT
Transaction ID: 46358710C5251664W
Donation from: brian.mcmahon.cpa@gmail.com

$30.00 USD
only a CPA would think 0 ;)

Thank you sir!

Hoping to donate more for Seniors!

Date: September 25, 2018 at 6:52:32 PM PDT
Transaction ID: 4911-8508-8942-3115
Donation from: bowandarrow

I have a question, when I donate to this, do you see my email address? Who sees my email address? #privacyornoprivacy #iamtinfoilhatman

I have a question, when I donate to this, do you see my email address? Who sees my email address? #privacyornoprivacy #iamtinfoilhatman

I see it and enter the donation under your name and email address. I will email you a thank you and ask you if you mind sharing your postal address as well, because I'm old fashioned and sometimes communicate with our friends via "snail mail". I never share this information and if you wish that I not communicate with you in any way, I honor that request.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Thank you to everyone who participated. At this time we are unable to fulfill all of the shoe requests we have received. Your generosity allows us to send shoes to two more middle schools. We have outstanding requests in Alaska, Florida, Pennsylvania and Georgia. I'm also checking to see if any schools lost gear due to Hurricane Florence. Thanks, again, for your continued support.

I just copy in my email receipt, changing the "donation from" to my screen name as shown above. Not that I worry so much about my email, but if I don't people just think I found a receipt on the sidewalk ;)

Reactions: Dogwelder
Woohoo. I conquered procrastination for now! And I've already conquered anorexia and workaholism! :)

I also gave myself a late fee, for the children. :)

You donated $40.00 USD to Wrestling for Life
Donation Details
Date: September 28, 2018 at 1:12:01 PM PDT
Transaction ID: 2391-1214-5796-7435
Donation from: [Dogwelder]
Donation amount: $40.00 USD

Last edited:
did my drawing-put all your names on little pieces of paper, put them in a cup, and had my secretary (administrative associate, with proper parlance) do the drawing. We have a winner!

CowboyUp61!

Just kidding, @MSeil from HR won this time, and will get the prize, which is pretty cool for a wrestling fan I think.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT