ADVERTISEMENT

Journey Brown Injury *RUMOR*

TheWizardofCamelot

Apr 28, 2017
This got started on a handful of Ohio State sites - one of those "friend of a friend" things...but sounds like a health issue was discovered during camp and there's doubt out there on whether he could play at all this season.

Not to stoke the fire - but to stoke the fire - has anyone heard anything?

Depth chart is solid behind Brown, although now a bit slimmer. I would imagine both Freshman could burn their redshirts.
Cain, Ford, Lee (Fr), Holmes (Fr)

A thread on the Den suggests there may be some fire behind the smoke. Sure hope that’s not the case.

This got started on a handful of Ohio State sites - one of those "friend of a friend" things...but sounds like a health issue was discovered during camp and there's doubt out there on whether he could play at all this season.

Depth chart is solid behind Brown, although now a bit slimmer. I would imagine both Freshman could burn their redshirts.
The rumor is it is a non football health issue. What is not a rumor is the fact that some insiders elsewhere who have been given the opportunity to shoot it down have not done so. That in itself says this story likely has some credibility to it.

Another thing to consider is the status of Devon Ford's playing time as relates to his drug charges. I have no idea what CJF's disciplinary rules are on this subject matter but I would be surprised to see Ford on the field in the Indiana game.

Time to jump on the Cain train.

Last edited:

Disappointing for Brown, if true. I honestly expected him to have a huge year.

As to the true freshmen, isn't this year considered a free year in terms of eligibility? Thought that was the case, that even if they play the whole year their eligibility clock won't start running til next year. Maybe I'm way off on that.

That would really suck for him. After the success of Barkley and Sanders, he's have been set up for a nice payday if he had a good year. Does he have any time left? Maybe a medical redshirt. More importantly, hope he is OK regardless of football.

Reactions: PSUfiji
So, is this like the former PSU player who was limited to 20 plays per game? Can't recall who that was?

That would really suck for him. After the success of Barkley and Sanders, he's have been set up for a nice payday if he had a good year. Does he have any time left? Maybe a medical redshirt. More importantly, hope he is OK regardless of football.
He's a redshirt junior, so he'll have at least another year of eligibility regardless. Especially with this season, I don't think anyone's getting denied a potential medical redshirt.

health issue found in camp sounds like a heart issue and those lead to retirement. See Nana and Minor.

Reactions: TheGLOV
health issue found in camp sounds like a heart issue and those lead to retirement. See Nana and Minor.

Not necessarily. It may be something that medical professionals think they can keep at bay, but might need some time to implement the medicine. This may also put him in the at-risk category as it relates to covid. So it’s his safest bet to sit out.

Reactions: NedFromYork
He's a redshirt junior, so he'll have at least another year of eligibility regardless. Especially with this season, I don't think anyone's getting denied a potential medical redshirt.

He has 2 more years after this one if he wants them. He would be a RS JR again next year even if he plays this year. My understanding is that this year counts for no one in terms of eligibilty.

Reactions: SR108 and Madsol
If this is true then I feel really bad for JB, not for the team. Cain is there and I still think Ford might be the best of the bunch.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Do you have a source on this or are you guessing?
What kind of physicals do D1 football players get when they arrive? I would think they would be pretty comprehensive and given by a team physician. Is that not the case?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT