ADVERTISEMENT

Journey Brown Injury *RUMOR*

health issue found in camp sounds like a heart issue and those lead to retirement. See Nana and Minor.

Nana and Minor had their issues discovered in their first camp medical screening. Brown's obviously is in year 4. Admittedly I'm assuming a lot, but to me it doesn't sound like any issue found (assuming these rumors are true) would be the typical stuff they screen for when kids get to school.

Nana and Minor had their issues discovered in their first camp medical screening. Brown's obviously is in year 4. Admittedly I'm assuming a lot, but to me it doesn't sound like any issue found (assuming these rumors are true) would be the typical stuff they screen for when kids get to school.
Maybe it wasn't there before.

So Ohio State forums have people getting the "scoop" on Journey Brown's status, let alone a "career ending" condition, before even the PSU media and any other reliable sources? I'd be honestly shocked.

Tbh this thread has no merit to exist.

Was he not just on a Zoom call the other day talking about the season with a bunch of reporters saying he feels great and is up to 220-225 lbs and still has his speed? That would be a bummer if true.

If posting info from this site (or the site contained within the below post) is frowned upon, I'll delete, but ...

"Last Sunday a guy on Bucknuts who claims to be Journey Brown's uncle, posted that Journey Brown has a heart condition and will be out for 3 months. While I was a bit skeptical of this at first thinking he may have heard an unsubstantiated rumor or gotten the player/team mixed up, this same guy posted a thread 3 years ago thanking Alex Gleitman for getting his nephew noticed by Penn State. This thread was started the day after Journey had committed to them.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Board/120/Contents/THANK-YOU-AL...

Penn State insider Sean Fitz was asked about it today and this is what he had to say

Very carefully wording here, but it's definitely something that we're aware of and there is smoke to the situation. Won't confirm details that have been rumored (i.e. the heart condition), but also not avoiding the situation either. Looking for more details before we move ahead in our reporting on it.
Tried to find any info to see if he was at practice this week, which would confirm or deny the rumor but no luck. Have to feel bad for the kid if true, he was poised for a big year and a nice paycheck afterwards."

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
There are 17 f'ing photos onviously meaning 60 plus players on PSUs roster will not play. I heard it on the OSU inside Jim Jordans singlet site, so it must be true. Jim Harbaugh confirmed it in a discussion with Rashan Benny.

You’re underrating Franklin’s refusal to discuss the health of his players.

if JB is gone for year, you would expect that would have been announced officially or just become public through players. it is not a privacy issue to say a player is gone for the year due to undisclosed health issues. in our workplace, we have public display of people out sick that day. that is not a privacy violation.

Here.

Here.

Journey Brown’s uncle posted on f*cknuts? Makes sense.

Why is anyone worried about the potential loss of one RB?

With PSU's mature OL coupled with a positional coach with a demonstrated record of achievement, we should be in very good shape in terms of a "ground game".

Some of you posters apparently like to stir up shyt for the sake of responses and perhaps "likes" :rolleyes:

Reactions: ftlpsu

With PSU's mature OL coupled with a positional coach with a demonstrated record of achievement, we should be in very good shape in terms of a "ground game".

Some of you posters apparently like to stir up shyt for the sake of responses and perhaps "likes" :rolleyes:

Brown was clearly our best RB as the season wore on and he gave a glimpse in the Cotton Bowl of what could be a very special season this season. His combination of power and speed is unmatched in the RB room, at least by those returning RBs. If he is truly done for the year, that is a major loss and we would have lost our most dynamic player on offense and defense before the season even starts.

Journey Brown’s uncle posted on f*cknuts? Makes sense.
Actually, it does make sense if you dig a little further into other places on the internet that have much better sources for what is going on with psu football than this board. "It is what it is."

Brown was clearly our best RB as the season wore on and he gave a glimpse in the Cotton Bowl of what could be a very special season this season. His combination of power and speed is unmatched in the RB room, at least by those returning RBs. If he is truly done for the year, that is a major loss and we would have lost our most dynamic player on offense and defense before the season even starts.

That is why Cain was known as 'The Closer' last year. JB is very good, but he wasn't who we gave the ball to to wind down the clock. Cain is every bit as good as JB (a bit slower, but much more of a power back with speed - reminiscent of LJj).

Cain is great, but we need that homerun hitter to complement each other. Brown to take it to the house on any play, from anywhere. I believe that Ciarrocca is going to do more to showcase backs as receivers this season and JB showed really good hands, as did Cain. I want the full arsenal.

That is why Cain was known as 'The Closer' last year. JB is very good, but he wasn't who we gave the ball to to wind down the clock. Cain is every bit as good as JB (a bit slower, but much more of a power back with speed - reminiscent of LJj).

You're not going to get me to say anything bad about Cain, not that you're trying to. I love his style of running. But IMHO Brown is at a different level. Plenty of power as demonstrated by running through half the Memphis team for his first TD in the Cotton Bowl and elite speed. His loss would be huge.

ANY loss is bad but the games will be played anyway and our team will either win or lose and I am not going anywhere anyway. I remember when Kinta Palmer was fumbling because a stiff wind hit him, and our feature back was a plodding 255 pound fullback in 2003 and 2004.
If we lose every game because we don't have Parsons and Brown, I'm still a Penn State fan.

Handful of things:

1) If this is something real/serious, it happened in the last two weeks. Journey doesn't tweet a ton, but Coach Seider tweeted on Sept 30th

which wouldn't suggest any known problem.

2) I looked at the video of Caziah pretty carefully and do not see Brown at practice. Which may or may not mean something.

3) It is certainly possible that this is covid related (i.e. if actually a heart thing: myocarditis)

4) It is also possible that while monitoring for myocarditis (which I assume the team is doing quasi-regularly due to covid) they saw something they didn't like, but that doesn't mean he's done with football or done for the year. They may be holding him out of practice and monitoring the situation.

5) I obviously hope he is fine (not just for football reasons) but RB is the deepest position group PSU has. Losing him would suck, but Cain/Ford/Holmes would be a fine rotation.

🤔

Worried for the simple reason that you have lost 2 of your very finest players before the attrition of a season begins. When do you worry? When another RB goes down in the first quarter of the first game?

ANY loss is bad but the games will be played anyway and our team will either win or lose and I am not going anywhere anyway. I remember when Kinta Palmer was fumbling because a stiff wind hit him, and our feature back was a plodding 255 pound fullback in 2003 and 2004.
If we lose every game because we don't have Parsons and Brown, I'm still a Penn State fan.
:mad:
But the entire coaching staff would not only be fired but executed right?

I’m officially calling BS, on the OP!
If it were true, we would’ve definitely heard something about it.

Someone should let The Collegian football reporter know what's going on. Article from yesterday, though unsure when reporter ever interviewed JB.
Penn State football’s Journey Brown angling for breakout season with new offensive coordinator Kirk Ciarrocca

https://www.collegian.psu.edu/football/article_cc5c6c1c-0da4-11eb-8787-cbf2b514b0f7.html

"though unsure when reporter ever interviewed JB"

That's kind of the key to this whole situation, isn't it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT